Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

You guys/gals rock

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jiraniel, Jun 4, 2005.

1. jiraniel

jiraniel IncGamers Member

You guys/gals rock

Thanks for the help (Need Help with Throne of Destruction).

As you will see in my less than happy post in "Need HELP in Throne of Dest." I am bummed to have to build a new char but acquiesce. Here's my new question. I am pretty much a novice after like 7 years of playing (yeah, not the best game player ever--pretty sucky I can see...) but had some excellent hell chars built until the "Great Massacre of 2001" when my computer crashed due to a faulty firewall pattern...whine whine whine...still grieving. I DO back my chars up now on CD!

HOW do you guys get so many set items and things? I get a lot of gold items showing up because I have lots of % on finding magic items. But I have yet, in all this time to get a complete set of ANYTHING (with this char). I've never seen a rune about SOL or DOL. I rarely see circlets and they are usually normal (white). So what I am saying is that what is the trick to getting the items to be dropped more often so you can build a decent char FAST?

2. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

Well the best way is to kill mephisto over and over quickly, the best character for this would be a sorc, I prefer blizzard, but quite a few people also like meteorb sorcs. Start at nightmare and then move onto hell meph when you have enough items, running meph should take about 2-3 minutes when you start out, and your times should get better than that when you get better.

3. jiraniel

Thanks. I will try that. I just made a new one...

4. jiraniel

OK then how do I...

How would I twink her to get the stuff from my other assasin??? I am clueless. Or should I just run around and kill and hope for drops with this 8 player mode???

5. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Yes.

Yes we do rock.

Because we're awesome like that.

Also as far as finding items, as said previously, NM Mephisto is amazing for gear that can get you through hell with a cookie cutter build. After that moving on to Hell Meph and Pindleskin is a good set.

If you need some gear to help you through Normal/Nightmare let me know. I've got a stash of around 800 spare set/unique items and some other things I might be nice enough to part with.

6. jiraniel

Hee Hee

I'll see what comes up and let you know. Thanks. I am going to play now and see what happens with my new assasin. I will also remember to trade in my amazon for a merc later.

7. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=330148

Check out ATMA (if you haven't already). It's the best thing for SPers since sliced bread :)

~Ska

8. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

And sliced bread is gooood :)

Seriously though, use ATMA to mule from character to character, and good luck farming Meph :thumbsup:

9. GodofWar

GodofWar IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF :)

First of all, if you need good items then try heading over to the Giveaway thread. There is almost always a giveaway going on there ranging from low lvl unqiues and sets to TC87 Uniques and the Elite Character only sets.

I agree with the other post in farming first NM Mephisto and the Hell will net you a lot of good items, altough he fails to drop the highest of TC classes, you can still get just about anything usefull from him.

If you ever get bored and wanna MP, just drop a post in the MP Games thread, people like me are always looking for someone to MP with.

Goodluck and have fun playing SP!

-GodofWar