Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yet another Noob question...

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Herkimer Blades, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Herkimer Blades

Herkimer Blades IncGamers Member

Yet another Noob question...

How does leeching XP work?

I have just recently started playing D2X on Bnet, but my brother has been playing for a long time and has a Bnet account with some high level characters. He is loaning me his account for a while. What I want to do is leech some XP for one of my low level characters off of one his hig level characters.

How do I go about doing that? Can a high level character group with a low level character? How much XP will go to the low level character? Is there a guide somewhere for doing this?

2. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

If you mean your on two seperate computers both playing you can join the same game and play with each other. But if the char lvls vastly differ then there will be much less xp unless there was a large group with tons of xp to give away. A lets say lvl 30 and a lvl 92 were playing the same game. The lvl 30 would recieve a lot less then being with someone his own lvl and playing if you see where I am going with this. Simply the lvl 30 will gain less with a lvl 80 unless it with a lot of xp areas then a lvl 30 will gain with a lvl 29-30-31. Well hope you understud that because i am haveing trouble with understanding myself lol. Have a good day/night

"Burn Everything leave nothing " -Quote from me

3. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

leeching exp would be for you just to stand there, let other ppl kill things and u get part of the shared exp, however, u can hlp out by doing warcries or killing a few monsters on your own. yes, u still get get quite some exp even when u are a low lvl and the other person is a really high lvl. you jsut have to go to good places to get exp like baal's throne or anywhere with a lot of monsters like the bloody foothills.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The leecher must be near the scene of the killings. Baal minion runs might work quite well. Assuming you have two Diablo games running at the same time, go to the Baal's minios, clear the area, but let one of the monsters live, so the minions won't appear yet. Now come in with the leecher, party with him, cast tp and place him at a safe spot (e.g. in the corner before the throne room). The rusher now kills the final monster and all the waves of Baal minions. Skip Baal, I guess it's too dangerous to park the leecher somewhere.

Note that you get one share of the XP per level, so if a L20 and a L80 character are in a party, the L80 guy will get four fifths of the XP. On top of that there also is a XP modification, depending on your level ane the difficulty and act number your character is in. For example, a L20 character gets 95% of the xp in normal act 3 while in nightmare and hell mode he only gets 5% - however, 5% of 100 times the XP is more, of course. Someone else surely can provide the url of that table.

This means, rush with a character not having a too high level and don't waste time by struggling around in too high difficulty levels.

I for myself think all this is too clumsy. I would suggest to level up by actually playing. I use two computers for muling, burning in mules and increasing the number of players in solo pit/tunnel/CS runs, so monsters drop more while I can keep everything for myself :uhhuh: