Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yet another: My First DC Experience

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by whathappen, Feb 6, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Yet another: My First DC Experience

I created an open game with my lvl 78 MF trapsin. This gal uses lighting only and is MF. I went to the river of flame to complete the second quest. Just starting, several mobs came to greet me, I killed them and one of them dropped a buriza-do :). My best drop with this char. That was like 2 minutes into the game. I continue my way up when all of the sudden without warning the message came: "Diablo Walks the Earth" and everything trembles. I double-checked my chat window, there was no SOJ sold to merchant messages. I had no clue what I was suppose to do next. I heard that people like to spawn it in act V with the boss of q1 but I haven't killed the real D so that was not an option. Went to act I cold plains kill things but DC didn't show up. Oh one more thing: to my surprise no one joined the game. This was open, no passwd. I read that people join in within seconds. After a while I decided to ignore it, I was happy with the Buriza anyway and wasn't looking for DC. When I came close to the Hephasto, DC spawns and comes charges at me. I ran to several corpses that I had made on my way and then cast Death Sentries. It didn't seem to have any effects on DC. My rogue had a prevent mob heal and I have a maxed shadow master that could tank him for a few seconds and even some 15 seconds when lucky. I continue spanning traps on it. I went several times to town to resurrect the merc and get potions. After 20 minutes, it was obvious that I hasn't done a thing to DC. In all this time no one join in. I have read so many stories that I decided not to ask for help. The usual guys who just come and hostile me, kill DC and get the charm. I decided that if I don't get it, no one will and left the game. Still I got my Buriza. I wish I had another high-level character that could solo it. A barb maybe? Next time.

2. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

best bet is to just ask for help

i had him spawn twice in 2 days in my games on the ladder. (on non ladder i have "godly" stuff on my barb and i waxed him with no prob) my pally blasted at him, merc had prevent monster heal but i didn't do a dent in him. posted here on the forums and the same guy answered my call for help. bad thing bout the second time though; i had been in the game for an hour playing with another guy when it spawned. the dude seemed cool and said he wouldn't take the charm if i got help. well that same dude died a bunch of times and the charmed dropped. well both me and the other guy had charms (mine from the day before...ty ty) so the charm just laid there because neither of us wanted to throw down ours to check it out even though i should have now that i think about it. the barb ended up grabbing the charm and leaving the game like a gimp.

my point is...just post here. you have a GOOD chance at having someone NICE helping you out although someone else posted a msg here saying a member stole the charm. just post here next time and gl

3. Valerarren

Valerarren IncGamers Member

My kicksin (using crushing blow and pvm) managed to solo it. It took about 5 minutes or so and i died half a dozen times. I was only level 73 and had like -10 on most resistances. But he went down. If you had blade fury and some crushing blow equipment you probably could have taken him down.

4. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

I am on USEast and whenever people need help killing DC they can give me a shout I have killed it for them and left them the charm. I have no need for one. So if ever it happens that u need jhelp again give me a shout *conans_son