Yet another fishymancer...after maxing RS, SM and CE

Arkansaw

Banned
Yet another fishymancer...after maxing RS, SM and CE

Let's say the plan is to dump all remaining points into dim vision and mages, what would be a realistic distribution if you are aiming for the mid-level 80s?

Sure, I can max either one of them (prolly mages) by the time I reach level 86, but along the way I don't want to be caught in a situation whereby I would have preferred a dim vision with a slightly bigger radius. Btw, this is on HC so safety comes first, and playing untwinked means that I don't count on getting that many +skills (though I have +3 now)

MYK

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Re: Yet another fishymancer...after maxing RS, SM and CE

DOOD UZE FAITH + ENIGMA AND BOTD AND OCCY RINGLETTES!!!11

Is this a MF character? If you're going to run WsK then 20 points in DV makes you a happy camper with your current skill set.

I did the RS/SM/CE/DV build a while back. After I got done spending all those skill points the rest went into Mages. With a handy +10 skills(Not that hard even untwinked by hell mode) my mages + LR could kill PI monsters when I could not break their immunity with Amplify Damage.

Arkansaw

Banned

MF is a priority but not the first, I'm aiming for something of an in-between that can get me through all parts of hell, especially the ancients and other parts that a maxed Mages or Dim Vision is not so useful. I've already had 12 points in Mages to get this far, Dim Vision will probably get the next few points, other than that it is quite faithful to the build with no points in Lower Resist (including the 2 pre-reqs LT and IM), Fire Golem and Bone Armor...yet (I'm still keeping those options open at Level 80 now)

Selway

Diabloii.Net Member

Once you max RS, SM and CE, you can pretty much do W/E you want. However, mages still suck hard. You dont need them to kill physical immune mobs. You have amp, CE and LR to do that. Mages blow. Then again, your other options are limited. If you plan on making a crushing blow Iron Golem put some points into GM.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Or a conc golem. If you're planning to make a conc golem, invest some in golem mastery. I wouldn't recommend dim vision though. MI personally like mages. They may not do much damage, but they give you some strategic advantages.