yes i got hacked (quiting?)

sic_of_it_all

Diabloii.Net Member
yes i got hacked (quiting?)

Hi guys,

this is a sad day for me. i got back from school logd in and what did i see. the hacker got in my main acc.

i first checked if it was the only acc that he got in 2, and thanks for god he didn't got in to the others.

but lets see what he got from hacking me:
2 x arrach
1 x sup nigma
1 x eth coh
1x perfect hoto
1 x one pissed gamer
1 x 31 hoto
1 x maras 30
4 x soj
2 x cta
1 x upd viper
1x infinity (my pride and joy)
1x spirit 32 %fcr
1x griffon socked 5/5 light die
1 x my dignity

so after seeing al that missing and i don't want to make a astemant of the worth off it all. he killed my hammerdin and light sorc.

i still got 4 accs that are not hacked but i´m in dub if i still wanna play this game after getting ****ed up like this by what i think a frustrated teenager with no life.
maybe it is time to close diablo 2 and have more free time to spend with my daughter. it would take my another 2 years more to get the stuff back

so let me think it all true. if you see a giveaway tread in a couple off days you know the answer !

but for now,

change your password and pray

edit does any 1 knows about a new hack. because i see 2 many off this **** happening to the community

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
Well you are kinda sick of it all, arent ya? :grin:

Nah, dont quit. Take a break if ya want to, and start out fresh on ladder reset.

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
How did you get hacked? Do you use any third party programs like maphack or something? Did you register an email with the account that got hacked? What about your other accounts, did they have a registered email? Have you scanned your computer for viruses and trojans? If you enjoy the game, then you should keep playing, don't let assholes discourage you, that's what they want...

gorf

Diabloii.Net Member
They stole your dignity?

That is one powerful hack! Sorry, couldn't help myself. Remember, it's just a game, and building up is half the fun. Best of luck.

Gorf

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I have to agree to gorf. You just lost a few items. Dignity is stolen when you have suffered humiliation of a far worse kind.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Most often its probably using the same username and pw in another insecure D2 forum. I'm reasonably sure that is what happened to me.

A new trend is pimply geeks that scour trade forums for "rich" characters and then try to brute force the accounts.

The response has been everyone making accounts that they NEVER discuss on any board and putting all high value items there (having all their mf and powerful chars there). Then they use public dummy accounts to trade.

he best suggestion is just to make a hideously complex password using the guide posted by another member on this very forum titled "how not to get hacked".

sic_of_it_all

Diabloii.Net Member
Well you are kinda sick of it all, arent ya? :grin:
yes i'm sic off it all. i see 4 years off playing and enjoying the game go to waste

They stole your dignity?Gorf
i can't laugh about it. just how i feld atm

How did you get hacked? Do you use any third party programs like maphack or something? Did you register an email with the account that got hacked? What about your other accounts, did they have a registered email? Have you scanned your computer for viruses and trojans? If you enjoy the game, then you should keep playing, don't let assholes discourage you, that's what they want...
i did not use any third party programs, i love the game to much to do that kind off ****.
and all my acc have a registered email acc. but i don't think that is the problem.
and still pissed, in a couple off days i will decide if i will play again or not.

I have to agree to gorf. You just lost a few items. Dignity is stolen when you have suffered humiliation of a far worse kind.
i know your right krischan just the way i field then.

The response has been everyone making accounts that they NEVER discuss on any board and putting all high value items there (having all their mf and powerful chars there). Then they use public dummy accounts to trade.
yes this would be best. but muling and trading would take a long time. but i will keep it in mind if i start over agian.

he best suggestion is just to make a hideously complex password using the guide posted by another member on this very forum titled "how not to get hacked".
i read it now. just did not like what he said about if you got hackd you desirve it

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
At least be thankful that you had that stuff, instead of being pissed. I've been playing since early classic days and I've never been able to figure out how to get valuable stuff like that, and I've lost many accounts and have had to start over from scratch due to losing passwords and crappy b.net account expirations (just recently again a few months ago actually). I think deep down you enjoy the game, you just are letting this incident affect your thinking. Look at it this way, you would have 'lost' all the stuff and had to restart anyway come ladder reset (I'm assuming they're ladder accounts, scuse me if they aren't).

sic_of_it_all

Diabloii.Net Member
At least be thankful that you had that stuff, instead of being pissed. I've been playing since early classic days and I've never been able to figure out how to get valuable stuff like that, and I've lost many accounts and have had to start over from scratch due to losing passwords and crappy b.net account expirations (just recently again a few months ago actually). I think deep down you enjoy the game, you just are letting this incident affect your thinking. Look at it this way, you would have 'lost' all the stuff and had to restart anyway come ladder reset (I'm assuming they're ladder accounts, scuse me if they aren't).
srry to say but i never playd ladder so al item are non-ladder. but never less the valua off it al is around 35-40 hr i think. so a big hit on my wealth.

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never had anything close to that, so I can't relate with you. I'm lucky if I even had one account that was valued at maybe 1-2 HR...lmao. And well, the more time you spend focusing on what you lost and your 'wealth' the more depressed you're gonna get. Start by at least being thankful for what you had. Yeah, it sounds corny and cheesy, but at least it gets your mind into a positive state instead of wallowing around in negativity. The mind seeks what it holds. For me, it's not about the items I have, but the fun I have playing the game, and how in the middle of killing some random monster I might think about some important issue and meet new people (a relaxing effect). Yeah, I'm weird...anyway.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Losing your dignity would entail stripping you naked and parading you around the streets of your local city. You just lost some 1's and 0's.

Nonetheless, sorry you got hacked. That does suck.

smeer

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry you've got hacked. I know how you feel because recently I have been hacked too. From one of my accounts they stole 3 grief PB and one umed SS.

1) I don't use any 3rd party programs like MH or the like
2) I'm pretty sure my PC has no trojan, keylogger or whatever. I scan my PC with 4 different scanners (virus and spyware) on a regular basis. After I had been hacked I scanned my PC with the 4 scanners again, checked for unknown/strange processes and registry and found nothing
3) I have a FW active, and my PC is always patched
4) My diablo acc is different than any other acc I use elsewhere (eg forums) and I use a pw that cannot be brute forged cracked easily
5) If I need to access dubious sites I use my virtual machine that is restored on a regular basis

What I do expect and because the number of persons reporting a hack is growing fast lately, is either a keylogger that isn't recognized by most virusscanners, or a flaw in the serverapplication. The later is more likely IMO. I know battlenet uses IRC channels and I think someone has found a way to sniffer the channels. Maybe in the backend the acc//pw isn't encrypted, however I sniffered on my PC when logging on to dia and saw that the clientside is encrypted. Does someone knows if the serverside is encrypted?

Then again looking on forums like this you can scan for userid's so although it is encrypted you already have some patterns (acc names) to search for (however I don't know how strong the encyption is...does someone know?)

The thing is people can earn quite a bit of money by selling dia stuff, and since knowone reports these kind of things to the autorities like police, anti-virus companies etc, the chance these hackers get caught is extreemly low.
Imagine going to the police reporting well I want to report I got hacked and loosed my magic sword...please investigate this for me with all means possible....:scratch:

Edit:
forgot to mention... When I got hacked I also did a security scan from another PC (portscan, trojan scan, cgi probing etc, and did not find any security hole....

plant

Diabloii.Net Member
Another option comes to my mind: start playing another game, like hc ladder. You'll get used to losing 'valuable' stuff in no time :laugh: Starting all over again (and again) will give you a new view on the value of items and lvling etc.
I did my transfer to hc ladder about one year ago and I've only regretted it the first time I lost a 70+ lvl char :rolleyes:

Just an idea. Still it amazes me that it's so easy to get hacked even if you haven't done anything wrong...

bergbusen

Diabloii.Net Member
also got hacked 1 week ago..=(

im thinking the same as you, guit playin for a while or maybe play somtimes for killing hour.

i start i think hc next ladder for new challenges. ****ing also hate those little ****ers which dont enjoy just play a good game.

best luck to all you guys.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
maybe it is time to close diablo 2 and have more free time to spend with my daughter. it would take my another 2 years more to get the stuff back
Hello sic. I became very teary eyed and almost cried when I got to this part. if you don't hang out in the OTF you don't know me, if you do then you probably know I lost a marriage in which 90% of the reason why was because of my involvement with diablo2. I don't know how much time you play everyday but if you're spending more than an hour or so and you have a daughter, you're throwing your life away.

If you think you're playing more than what would classify you as addicted or obssessed like I used to be, get the CD, get a hammer, in front of your daughter (and/or wife) smash the CDs and vow never to play again.

I know it's quite radical. If I had known earlier my game addiction would end the marriage, I would never have played D2, not for one second. The two years you will spend getting all that stuff back can be two years tantamount to better quality time with people in real life, your daughter to start with.

But if you have your gaming under control, I apologize for even posting this.

rykuss

Banned
i know, but still i feel bad.
Hey man, I know exactly how you feel. Good thing they ONLY got one of your accounts though. I'd suggest you take a break, cool off for a few days, weeks whatever it takes. After a few days of steaming about it, I threw down on some SP. If you haven't tried it, oh man are you missing out! Once you're used to endless stashes, no more "ZOMG NOOB TPTPTPTP!!!!111111!!111" and no lag, Bnet just seems.......well like Bnet.

I'm playing around on Bnet again, but not to the extent that I did. It just took time. It was always more about the folks here on the forums for me anyway. Once I came back and started spam....er I mean chatting it up with everyone, the rest fell into place. Hope you don't leave the forum over this. I did but in time I got over it. I know the saying "it's just pixels" gets old and might seem harsh at first but really, that's all it is.

On a more positive note, 2007 seems like a great time to be a gaming fan. So many awesome titles are coming out. I'm most likely going to go the route of C&C 3: Tiberium Wars but that's just me. HG:L looks promising as well. :wink3:

sic_of_it_all

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello sic. I became very teary eyed and almost cried when I got to this part. if you don't hang out in the OTF you don't know me, if you do then you probably know I lost a marriage in which 90% of the reason why was because of my involvement with diablo2. I don't know how much time you play everyday but if you're spending more than an hour or so and you have a daughter, you're throwing your life away.

If you think you're playing more than what would classify you as addicted or obssessed like I used to be, get the CD, get a hammer, in front of your daughter (and/or wife) smash the CDs and vow never to play again.

I know it's quite radical. If I had known earlier my game addiction would end the marriage, I would never have played D2, not for one second. The two years you will spend getting all that stuff back can be two years tantamount to better quality time with people in real life, your daughter to start with.

But if you have your gaming under control, I apologize for even posting this.
my daughter is 2 years old and i play the game for lets for 3-4 years. after the birth of my daughter i'm playing less and less because i really don't have the time and not willing to put more time in it.
my wife and daughter are the most important people in my life and diablo is a game that i'm fond off. but never less i loved playing it.
but your right maybe it is time to give the cd 2 my daughter and let here break it in 2 a billion pieces (my wife will break the other 1) and move on and the 2-3 hours that i did spend each week playing diablo i will spend playing some games with my daughter.

but i feel srry for what happened 2 you and your marriage. but thx for posting this because it got me thinking. so thx.