Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

YES!! I bested the Diablo Clone!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arkardo, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

YES!! I bested the Diablo Clone!

Hey all,

Finally! Diablo Clone finally showed up to face my lvl 89 Skellymancer. This was not something very smart of him to do.

After reading stories from other people about facing and defeating Diablo, I got quite tired from waiting for him. I used the "neverending walk bug" I've asked about very recently and when I got back to the game I saw the Soj counter going up! I immediatly tracked the ip-adress, but this wasn't even necessary. Diablo walked the earth. I was in a private game, so no worries about getting the charm stolen.

One of the main reasons that I was growing impatient is the fact that I know that I could beat him all along.

This is how I've spent my skill points so far:

- 20 Raise Skeleton
    - 20 Skeleton Mastery
    - 20 Corpse Explosion
    - 1 Raise Skeletal Mage
    - 1 Clay Golem
    - 1 Golem Mastery
    - 1 Summon Resist
    - 1 Revive
    - 1 in each Curse
    - 3 prerequists
    (22 skill points left)

This equipment leads up to level 45/45 skeletons and level 26 mages, with a level 24/24 Clay Golem.

This is my Summoner's equipment:

- Arm of King Leoric
    - Skin of the Vipermagi 49/13 (Umed)
    - Harlequin Crest (Umed)
    - Homunculus (Pdiamanted)
    - Arachnid Mesh
    - Bul-Kathos' Ring
    - + 3 to Summoning Skills Amulet (to raise army) / Teleport charge Amulet
    - Trang-Oul's Claws

Irrelevant equipment:
    - Nagelring
    - Magic Find Boots

On switch (also irrelevant):
    - Gull
    - Rhyme Kite Shield

Charms:
    - Hellfire Torch
    +15 to all stats
    +19% to all resist

- Seven Graverobber's Grand Charms

- Enough Small Charms to hit 75% Fire and Lightning resist

This lead up to 75/75/75/72 all resist.

My Mercenary (Nightmare Offensive):
    - Bonehew (ShaelAmned)
    - Ethereal Saintly Dusk Shoud of Might (1165 defense with just enough + Strength to be able to wield Bonehew
    - Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest

I decided to spawn Diablo in the Den of Evil. I raised my army and marched in. I expected to see Corpsefire first, before he would change into Diablo. This wasn't the case, however, and he caught me a bit off guard. Anyway, I used Decripify on him and teleported on top of him. The other monsters around where quite a bother, because they were pounding on me and even got me imprisoned with them once, so I had to use Full Rejuvinations on myself. I got a small bit out of his life bar before all my Mages were down for the count. I decided to retreat for a short moment and reraise the Mages and decided to see if their were Urdars in the River of Flame. Luckily there were and I revived three of them, along with two Finger Mages. I made a mistake and forgot to raise my mages; after I got Diablo down to about 25% of his life, my Mercenary died and I made another retreat to revive him I found out that the poison had worn off and he had recovered to about 75% of his life. Nevertheless, I attacked him head on again and got him down to about 20% when my Revives died. Also, my Full Rejuvination Potions were running out from fueling my Merc and twice myself. Despite this, my skeletons alone proved they could take on Diablo and finished him off.

And the Annihilus? I was VERY pleased to find out it's stats:
    + 18 to all stats
    + 17% to all resist
    + 10% to experienced gained

Things that I've learned from this encounter:

- You don't see the Superunique before Diablo spawns; Diablo comes charging straight at you. But then again, he might have been triggerd by one of my minions.
    - 75% Fire and Lightning Resist are enough te be able to teleport onto Diablo without losing more than 30% of your life.
    - Random monsters can be quite annoying; I have to find a way to deal with them.
    - Keep a reserve of Full Rejuvinations potions in your stack. Actually, I expected as much.
    - Level 45/45 skeletons are strong enough to survive Diablo's attacks.
    - With level 45/45 skeletons, poison mages and a Might Merc, you don't really need Urdars, but they're still useful of course.
    - Mages all die from a single Fire Nova. Be sure Diablo is poisoned. It might be worth it to max Raise Skeletal Mage just for the extra 190 poison length seconds to give you more room to breath between battles.

That's all. I wish all the people that wish to challenge Diablo Clone good luck! Remember, he is tough, but far from undoable for us Summoners.

EDIT: how rude of me. I've forgotten to thank all the people on this forum that shared their stories and gave me tips and advice when I asked for it. Without you people, this victory would never have been possible. So a BIG thank you to you all!

EDIT2: I think this thread is more in place in the Necromancer forum. Could one of the mods please move this thread?

2. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

gratz on the anni!

i don't have one; Diablo walked when i first got to d2x, but i had no idea what it meant at the time. he hasn't walked for me since! i'll try your method when i have a char worthy enough. :smiley:

3. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

was this on east ?

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

That's a pretty good Annihilus. Congrats. :thumbsup:

5. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Nah, I think this thread works good right here IMO... Good for other would be DClone hunters to have a read at other builds that can give him a good spanking... Congrats!

*Requiem_Death

6. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Congrats on your fishy and besting D-clone!!

7. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

This was on Europe, Soft Core Ladder.

Thank you all! I'm going to edit this thread once more; now that the adrenaline rush is over, I realized that I DID lose skeletons, and a lot of them at one point.

And once more tip: don't let the adrenaline get the best of you: my Necromancer walked around like a drunken tramp! :badteeth:

EDIT: Huh? I can no longer edit my post?

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

You can only edit within an hour of posting the original post.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

For single, strong targets I recommend a Kelpie Snare as a merc weapon - ethereal and upped, if possible. Together with the clay colem and decrep, he will become so slow that he isn't really a threat anymore. I never tried that versus the clone, but hell Diablo (being the toughest act boss for a summon necro IMO) normally cannot kill a single skeleton, as long as the merc and the golem can attack and he stays decrepped.

Beast and another Homunculus on the weapon switch would have added a lot to the hitpower of your minions. You will lose a skeleton or two when switching from AoKL, but their level won't decrease and with Fanaticism, your skeletons will do their work with far more enthusiasm...

10. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Good idea, but wasn't there a slow cap? If there is, it could be a good idea to use Ampify Damage instead.

I completely agree, but I'm still gathering the wealth for that and an Enigma. :wink3:

11. csaeon

csaeon IncGamers Member

you wrote a hell of a lot, i read some of it.. basically in the end, you beat that clone, good stuff! skellymancers for life.

12. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Congratulations!

13. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Well, tonight Diablo decided he would challenge my Summoner again. Apparently, he didn't learn from our last encounter. This time, he was still a challenge... but less than before thanks to some improvements to my Summoner.

After my last encounter with Lord Diablo, I decided to max my Mages, so I had less trouble with Diablo's regeneration. Also, thanks to the Bul-Kathos ring Ezbtuco gave me, my levels were now 49//49. Would have been 52/54 if I would have had my Enigma on that character at the time; it would be another +1 and I would have been able to use my Call to Arms and Marrowwalks. Also, in the adrelanine rush, I forgot to switch to my Darkforce Spawn.

Thank goodness I kept my amulet with Teleport charges for when I didn't have my Enigma around. While summoning my minions I stumbled upon a Skill Shrine, so half my skeletons were even more powerful.

Just as before, I spawned Diablo in the Den of Evil. This time, Diablo proved to be too weak for my minions; even though my Mages were soon gone, they had served there purpose, as Diablo was already poisened in case I had to retreat. It wasn't even necessary, because I only needed one quick retreat to revive my Mercenary, because I wasn't quick enough to give him a Full Rejuvination potion. But for the rest of the fight, none of my ordinary skeletons died to Diablo and they dispatched him in around one and a half, maybe two minutes. I didn't even need Urdars this time around.

The result is a 16/18/5 Annihilus, my second Annihilus so far. :wave:

EDIT: Ugh, forgot to mention the +1 I get from my previous Annihilus.

14. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Oh wow.. another!?

Pretty nice stats on both. ^^

15. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Yeah, guess I'm pretty lucky with those shiny things. :smiley:

16. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Haha, Battle.net people are totally wrong when they say Summoners are bad characters. They rock!

Congrats on those awesome Annis!!

17. monte cristo

monte cristo IncGamers Member

Of course summoners rock.. Back when I was playing often, I had just a summoner with whom I did hell rushes for people. Most of them were quite surprised. Not of mine, but the summoners capabilities.

Congrats on your two annis.

This is a little off topic, but yes - beast and enigma make your summoner shine even more... Hey... I began playing again some time ago with nothing and all. The first char I decided to make - a summoning necromancer. If you'd like to meet online or exchange some thoughts/ideas, it'd be nice. My accound on Europe Softcore Ladder is *pk13

18. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Nice, congrats on the Anni. What were your stat points like? Did you have any block or were you base DEX, all VIT?

I have a Summoner just like that, with Skellie Mages maxed out too... one of these days when I have decent gear maybe he'll be able to take on the Clone...

19. BaseWolf

BaseWolf IncGamers Member

I also killed D-clone with my Mf summoner.. i took the anni before the hammerdin and assa could find him ^^

20. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Hehe, I forgot to mention that I also used Beast; I really think it makes a difference.

Dondrei: I went all VIT, because that seemed to be a bit more populair at the time, but now that seems to have turned around, though.