Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yes, even Norway is a target for the Islamofascists

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sir EvilFreeSmeg, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Yes, even Norway is a target for the Islamofascists

So what do our Swedish and Norweigian (if there are any, I can't remember) OTFers think about this? I seem to recall a bunch of our Swedish posters saying that this kind of thing can't happen up there, they're not a target. Hmm? Seems that three of them were of the very group that it has been claimed so many times to not be interested in Scandinavia. Oops. Looks like you're a target too.

What is it going to take to convince everybody? It doesn't matter who you are, where you live, what you believe or how much you appease them, they have one thing in mind Convert or Die.

2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Thats basically it, they are at war with all infidels.

Only, that is not to be said.

3. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

a joke right?

4. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

No. They're serious. Convert or die. And they're quite happy if you die before you get the "privilage" of converting. After all, you're just an infidel.

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

what's the penalty in norway for cutting off the head of the israeli ambassador?

6. WhipsmartMcCoy

WhipsmartMcCoy IncGamers Member

More than "news reports" of thwarted "plots" involving alleged "terrorists" whose religious affiliation is always mentioned (but not what would be more relevant information -- specific socio- and/or geo-political affiliation -- and nothing about their sexual orientation -- just religious affiliation), with comments from Israeli or American officials.

We can certainly count on "terrorist" activity (read: bogus reports and false-flag ops) to increase as more and more doubt/suspicion/scorn is cast upon the American, British, and Israeli governments. Those who govern no recognizable nation-state are not the fascists to be watching out for.

At least this report won't result in a ban on headphones in an airplane carry-on or anything like that. *knock on wood*

7. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

So people have to die before you believe they're serious?!?

That's what you're saying, and it's sick.

~edit~ I seem to remember someone saying there would be increased attacks against Jews in Europe. Who was that? It wasn't long ago that it was said, and it was predicted that these attacks would increase in intensity pretty soon IIRC.

8. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Yes Talga, I predicted that as well. These libs are going to one day have to accept that I've been right all along. Either that or they're going to die.

9. WhipsmartMcCoy

People have already died, sadly, but simply pointing a finger and saying "he did it" isn't enough to convince me that the culprits are Islamic radicals when the evidence doesn't stand up, or has contradicting implications. I don't believe our nuclear-capable warships need to set sail for the Persian Gulf at the beginning of October or that we need to dump our water and toothpaste at the airport in order to be safe. I also don't believe Israel's government, military and intelligence as a collective wears a halo and keeps everything above the board. There's been so much irresponsible journalism, how do you expect me to believe everything read therein at face value? What, Israel has nothing to gain by the existence of a climate wherin evil Muslims harass innocent Jews?

Why does the consideration have to be narrowed to "serious" or "not serious," with no question as to the accuracy of the definition of "they" and "them?" What's more important -- that the "bad guys" be from the other team, or that they're caught? If your mom said the neighbors took the cash from your wallet, it doesn't mean you should ignore the fact that she in fact took it to support her heroine habit and immediately run over to beat on your neighbors with a baseball bat. I mean I know the 4-foot tall weeds in your front yard pisses them off, but they didn't actually steal the money.

I can be hopeful that the inevitably continued "activity" will be comprised solely of staged stunts and bogus reports; alas, it's probably a foolish hope. This report doesn't make me any more scared or paranoid of Muslims. It does make me relieved that another shock-you-back-in-place attempt was nonfatal.

Bearing down on the wrong enemy isn't the best of moves. We ought to pay more attention to just whose tails we should be chasing. In the meantime, if an extra deadbolt and a gas mask help you sleep at night, more power to ya.

10. dirkdig

dirkdig IncGamers Member

ECI, I completely agree.
    This Islamofascism has gone too far, their mantra of "convert or die" is starting to scare me. I've made up my mind. Islam is evil, so basically we need to tell all Muslims they need to change their religion or we'll kill them. :grin:

yes, I'm just being sarcastic/ironic. Please don't hate me

11. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Someone please to explain me in the simplest terms what Islamofacists want from us?

What have I and my family has done to them personally that they would want to put a bomb in our shopping malls?

12. dirkdig

dirkdig IncGamers Member

tacit approval of your government's actions

13. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

1. You seem to remember things you've imagined. We've never said we're not a target for terrorists. The RAF did some crap in the 70's that's sort of hard to forget. Also, the Iranians have managed to pull some terror stuff since then despite our mind bogglingly incompetent security police. There's terror a plenty here, and there's always been. The earliest terror bombing I in Sweden I know of took place almost a century ago. We have a longer history of terrorism than you. I know that it might be hard for you to imagine us being used to this... you being a hysteric and all. The US is what counts after all, and no one can top you in scareditude.

2. This wasn't even directed at the norwegians. Salman Rushdie's publisher was killed in Norway about a decade ago but I doubt any norwegians went completely insane with fear, Smeg style, over that one. It wasn't a threat to their society then and it isn't now. When things like that succeed it's embarrassing as all hell, but it won't wreck the local society.

Yes, you predicted that as well. You are truly the scaredest of the OTF. Teh wisdom of your postings! I hereby appoint you the OTF Professor of hysteria and fear. Congratulations. You've worked hard for this and it's finally paid off.

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Norway's contribution to the War in Iraq:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_of_the_Willing

LOL, someone needs to get the memo to Al Qaeda.

Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Yeah, Smeg's a real Cassandra.

Well actually Americans live in a democracy and moreover Bush was re-elected (just), so it's not just tacit.

15. dirkdig

dirkdig IncGamers Member

you're assuming he has the ability to vote. If he's under 18, then he has no say in government and therefore it's not expressed

16. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Or if they vote for the other guy or not at all...

But unfortunately that's not how democracy works, whoever is in charge is acting on the mandate of the country as a whole. I mean, you can't say "I'm not paying this extra tax because I voted for a candidate who was against it" or something, it's the same thing.

Majority rule sucks.

17. GrimAngelNamu

GrimAngelNamu Banned

/cheer

Someone actually knows who Cassandra is. Now we just need to shoot Smeg in the foot and all will be well.

18. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Why would the Swedes here care about Norway? It's not like Sweden owns Norway (anymore - tee hee). Skål to my friends in Norge and my kin and friends in Sverige.

It wouldn't be a Friday without a good cut and run fearmongering. Everybody panic?

19. WhipsmartMcCoy

They accepted & drank the coffee.

Democracy, republic, fascist state... we won't split hairs. And, you know, we and Diebold elected him twice, true. But rest assured we won't elect him again!

20. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

:wave:

When oil hits 100$/bbl we're taking Norway back.