Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

yep, i'm a newb.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Volkrof, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Volkrof

Volkrof IncGamers Member

yep, i'm a newb.

i've been playing for about two weeks now and yesterday i beat normal difficulty. the first week i was kind of just getting a feel for the game and the second week i made a new barb with the IK set in mind.

right now i'm lvl 45 and need to kill andy to finish act 1 nm.

my question is how do i buy/trade eq? in the guides i've read that as soon as their character turns 30 or whatever they start to equip the IK set pieces, but at that level isn't it impossible to find the items? so, obviously they must be buying them or trading, but that's whats got me puzzled. how does a low level trade/buy with somebody that's going to already have everything a lowbie has?

i need to start getting better eq because NM is a heck of a lot harder than N was. my poor barb is frozen most of the time.

thanks.

2. BricBrac

BricBrac IncGamers Member

i would say start collecting pgems/rals/junk jewels to trade on the trading forums and get yourself some nicer items

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

start with a ravenfrost...you should be able to get a very low dexterity on for a few pgems

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

All the IK set pieces are easy to obtain for a few pgems each except for the armor. Thats worth a mid lvl rune (~pul) on ladder.

5. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

The above posts are relevant if you are playing on the realms. IF you are playing SP, then its going to be a little harder.

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Or, possibly, easier. The Single Player Forum is extremely friendly to newcomers, hosting an item giveaway thread. Many useful items can be had for the price of an e-mail address. Also, being able to use the same map for MF'ing, and manipulating the /players x setting, allows for very effective item finding. Finally, being able to use ATMA to mule and save any items is immeasurably easier than muling on the realms.

- Noodle

7. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown IncGamers Member

Volkrof,
    I have been playing 2 months now and without a shadow of a doubt the best MF character you can have is a hammerdin. Forget about your barb for the time being and build yourself up a hammerdin. I read a forum on how to create a hammerdin about 2 weeks ago and I have a hell MF character now and have had him for 8 days and the drops I am getting are great. At lvl 45 a hammerdin can do almost all of nightmare solo and that is without great gear. Get yourself some good armor initially and try to get hold of a wizardspike and shako through trading. I have a lvl 78 hammerdin that does solo Mephisto runs in hell. He does around 20-30 an hour of these. I dont kill anything but Mephisto on these runs. I sprint straight down to lvl 3 durance of hate, kill Mephisto, and take the goodies. Mephisto can drop almost everything in the game and with 148% mf I have picked up 4 pieces of the IK set (some pieces 3 or 4 times), 3 of the Aldurs, 3 of Tal Rashas, wizardspike, chanceguards, shako, string of ears and a host of other set pieces. Picked up some great unique armor as well. One with 1250 defense, one with 991 defense and 3 socket holes (considering enhance defensing this so I have 2000+ defense armor lol) and a guardian angel which I wear that has 800 defense and boosts my resistances to 90% for all. These are items I have found in a little more than a week. Initially my character was weak and got killed 50% of the time he did Mephisto runs but as I started picking up unique items and boosting my character I became tougher and tougher to kill. Now I rarely ever die and it is usually due to the server skipping and knocking me back 10 seconds and a horde of undead stygian dolls trapping me in a corner. And for the record my hammer is very weak. Only does 4000 damage. I have invested heavily in holy shield and have 5000+ defence for 7 minutes when it is activated. The guide is located at http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=502 and it is awesome.