Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yea so I'm typing this from a beach in the Carribean... if

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by diablo loves donutz, Jun 11, 2007.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz Diabloii.Net Member

Yea so I'm typing this from a beach in the Carribean...

These past few days have been something and I got a feeling it can only get even better from here. We took a flight to Atlanta Friday, then took the next flight to Saint Martin, or Sint Maarten. It's off the coast of Puerto Rico if I'm correct, and the place is spectacular. It's half French and half Dutch, but the cultural difference from America is very obvious here.

There are a few odd things that might take a little time getting used to.

First of all, legal drinking age is 18, but they don't even enforce it. When we first got here, my brother and I (He's 20 and I'm 17) got a beer at the bar with no problems what so ever. By the way, the beer of choice here is called Carib. Apparently it's a lager, but it tastes more like a Corona.

Crap....uhhh my dad just popped in and we're heading off to another one of the beaches real soon and we've got to go now. I'll try to get him to let me use this thing again so I can update you guys on all the cool stuff here.

Talk to everyone soon.

2. Star Dust

Star Dust Diabloii.Net Member

My god. What are you doing on the internet?!

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I agree, you are in one of the most beautiful places on Earth filled with beautiful scantily clad wimmins and you are on a laptop.

I'm a geek and all, but damn . . .

4. Yaboosh

Yaboosh Diabloii.Net Member

Corona is a lager.

5. Zombie Brian

Zombie Brian Banned

I heard they have pirates there, so good luck!

6. masterazn

masterazn Banned

"Surrender your booty!"

7. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

I am a frequent visitor to the Caribbean, and oh, how jealous I am.

8. Stan

Stan Diabloii.Net Member

update everyone when you get back. seriously, don't even touch a laptop or computer unless you're back at home.

that "crap...my dad" should be "sweet, my dad just", fyi ;)

9. LonghornRob

LonghornRob Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I agree with them. Mostly because I came back from South Padre Island, off the Texas coast, and I didn't touch the internet for four days. Swimming, shopping, eating, barhopping and flying this rediculously large kite were all I did all weekend.

10. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

You were an hour from me, you ******.

11. LonghornRob

LonghornRob Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm, beach and girlfriend or Bortaz? No offense, you're a great guy and all, but it seems to be an easy decision here.

12. Heilage

Heilage Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to life boy, this is how you live it. :)

13. FrankWest

FrankWest Diabloii.Net Member

You're right, it does! So why didn't you go see him? I'm sure the little lady would've understood, and the beach wasn't going anywhere. :grin:

But yeah... at a resort on the beach in the Carribean? You'd all have to suffer through a few Frank-less days. I don't think the forums would even cross my mind.

Though I might log on just once to make a post on the OTF taunting people who are stuck back home working their boring, soul-sucking 9 to 5 jobs while I go frolic on the beach and... and... HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!

*peers at the OP* :evil:

14. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

Do they serve the Carib together with a slice of lime as well? :hide:

15. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!

16. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Fine, buy your own beer. I'd have even taken you into Mexico!

17. diablo loves donutz

Always.

Well now that I have time to straighten everything out I'll give everyone on the lowdown here.

I can understand the jokes about how I shouldn't be on the labtop at all while I'm down here, but I was mainly using, and only twice, to check my email as I've been talking to my room mate from Gov. School recently.

Yea, this place is perfect though. Everyday is something new and it seems to get better and better. We've been to several of the beaches, including some of the French "optional" nude beaches(I think I'm scarred for life now) and went snorkling a lot.

I'm also enjoying the lack of law enforcement and the very low drinking age. I've had no problems walking up to the bar and getting a shot, although you usually meet a lot of other friendly people who are more than willing to buy you shots lol.

The place is half french and half dutch as I mentioned before and it's a nice relief from back home. There is a big contrast though from the nice beaches, resorts, and restuarants from the ghettos and poverty that you drive through.

Well I'm going to keep this short since we're having a Texas Hold'Em tourney in a few minutes, so I'll leave you guys with some more details after we get back home Saturday.

18. FrankWest

FrankWest Diabloii.Net Member

Aaaargh, he's back on the computer again! AGAIN! *Goes and steals donutz's vacation from him*

...*twitch*:wink2:

19. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Any naked hotties on the beach? Because that's the defining factor as to if I am going to go there or not.

20. diablo loves donutz

Hey guys, I'm finally back home so you can stop ragging me ffor typing from there:grin:

Uhhh.....well we did go to a few beaches where it's clothes optional, and a majority of the people did wear them. There were a few topless girls, decent looking but not spectacular, but the problem arose when you walk further down the beach. There's a few scattered rocks and then all of the sudden you come upon a beach where there is a much more nudity. Let me just say this, "I was scarred for life". Pretty much everyone there was 50 or older it seemed and should simply keep their clothes on. Ever seen Eurotrip?..Yea it's a lot like that scene.

It might all depend on where you go since there are many more beaches, you might just get lucky finding some good spots. A lot of it has to do with drinking, I mean, a friend and I were hanging out in the jacuzzi when two chicks just walked in topless. Alcohol can make people do some pretty crazy stuff.