Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yay! Thank you Andariel!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Silkweed, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

Yay! Thank you Andariel!

So lately with my necromancer I've been doing these big runs. A typical games goes like this: I warp to the Cold Plains and gather my army of 10 skellies, and 3 magi, then I proceed to the Outer Cloister and make my way to the Pit. Once both levels of the Pit have been cleared, I warp to Cata 2 and make my way down to Andy. Once she's dead, I head on over to the Lost City and clear out the Ancient Tunnels once I find them.

The problem is that I haven't really found anything spectacular. So far, my best finds have been the BK Colossus Blade and Sazabi Cryptic Sword. This has really been frustrating because I keep reading about all these upper class players who find Shakos and Tal's Armors and all of Griz set, etc... Most of the time, the items I find aren't much better than what I might find off of normal Mephy. I seem to keep finding Gorefoot boots, and it's wearing thin. However, the experience is pretty good, and so I keep doing these runs in anticipation of them one day paying off.

So the other day, I opened the doors to Andy and my minions started to widdle away at her health. Now, while I'm casting decrepify on her, I'm secretly thinking to myself "Yeah, yeah. Die already so you can drop me a bunch of rare normal items. Then I can make my way to the Ancient Tunnels..." Andy dies and I hit alt to see what's she's left me. A couple rares, a green breastplate (*groan*), a golden ring...

WAIT.

"I take back all the terrible things I said about you, Andy! Thank you! Thank you so much!!!" I scream aloud in joy. I can barely contain my excitement as I clear out a few straggling zombies and carvers. In a quiet game of temptation and anticipation, I make sure that every monster is dead before warping back to town to ID my new ring. As I right click my tome of ID and hover my cursor over the ring, my heart is already racing at the possibilities. Maybe it's a Ravenfrost with perfect dex? My sorceress could sure use that... Or maybe it's a BK ring with decent LL? That would look good on the assassin I'm making... Maybe it's a Manald Heal? You can never get enough ML. Or maybe... just maybe... it's a Stone of Jordan.

My mind races at the idea. The things I could trade for - I could get that Shako I've been looking for for my Necro! Or I could use it... I think about the +1 to skills mod and how it would affect my entire skill tree, from curse radius, to skeleton life, to golem speed, to bone armor absorbtion...

All this in the .3 seconds it took me to ID this golden treasure:

Nagelring
    Magic Damage Reduced By 3
    +57 To Attack Rating (a mere 7 away from minimum)
    Attacker Takes Damage of 3
    15% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Item

Yay! Thank you Andy! For nearly the worst possible unique ring that could have dropped and getting my hopes up so needlessly high.

Back to the Pit I go...

2. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

lolz keep trying, you'll get something, wif 270ish mf i got Blackcloak luna which is ok if ur not one of those ppl who has to have stormshield :thumbsup:

3. Silkweed

I just wanted to make a post reassuring people that lots of MF runs don't always guarantee good items. All in good fun of course. :)

I run with about 150% MF, which isn't terribly much, but it keeps my resists near the 75% mark. Tonight I found Baranar's Star. Tomorrow night, who knows?

4. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

Never hope for an SOJ. I have played since Diablo II came out with breaks in between and just found my first SOJ this week. However, don't stop MFing; I started a sorceress last week and MFed NM Andy and NM Meph when I could and now I do Hell Andy (HEll Meph when my BO barb friend is on... otherwise it's kinda scary with my bad sorc). I now have pretty good stuff; wyrmhide skin, wiz spike, lidless, shako, magefist, Gheed's, Gull, and I have found Guardian Angel, SOJ, Arreat's, wizardspike and a bunch of other mediocre stuff. Sure, I'm not finding Tal's armor left and right, but within a short amount of time you can build a pretty good MF sorc and then start MFing for your other characters (although I admit I have become addicted to MFing and have been doing it quite a lot).

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Did I ever tell you that I once gamble for ammy with my lv 82 necro just because it seemed the only item worth gambling on (not expecting anything but a rare) and I got a Mara's?

Oh I did... :)

Just goes to show how people have different kinds of luck.

In my third game this morning I got msged by a friend that he found a Unique Monarch after 90 mins of Hell Meph runs.

Once you'll be on the sunny side as well.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I found five (5) SoJs in 1.09 only. Playing alot, but not excessively. Somehow, there seems to be enough SoJs on the (non-ladder) realm for every player to have found 20 SoJs... That's weird :scratch:

7. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

It is strange but I follow a similar path with my skellymancer and he has not found too many great items in the Pit. It also takes about 10 minutes for me to make a combination Eldrich/Shenk/Pit run when I am moving at my optimal speed. With my magic find trapper,who is no good at anything except running Eldrich & sometimes Shenk, I find that I can make about 25 Eldrich runs in that same time period. This is with ID'ing the items and selling them for gambling cash. I have found a whole lot more from Eldrich than from my combination runs because I can make so many of them in such a short time period.
    Tal's armor & a shako from Eldrich have helped to make me continue to make those runs. So whenever I have the time I run Eldrich about 30 times then make my skellymancer runs about 10 times.
    Some days chicken, some days feathers but a trapper that just runs Eldrich can do so many so quickly that people really should consider this as a part of their magic finding routine.

8. Silkweed

I've got a trapper too, but she can't get past Act 5 NM since she's all lightning. Same problem with my Blizzard sorceress. My necro's the only one who can do Pit runs safely and effectively.

Found another Nagelring today (27% at least). God I hate that ring...

9. annr

annr IncGamers Member

give them away, someone will appreicate it ;)

besides they are like level 7 not bad for new characters

10. Silkweed

Andy dropped me yet another unique ring today. This time it was a 17 dex Raven. That one's going on my sorc.