yay! diablo walks!

bruticus

Diabloii.Net Member
yay! diablo walks!

hey all .. been a few weeks since i've posted anything, but diablo just walked for me, and i can't think of anyone else that would care to listen :wink3:

anyhow, just when i create my necro's leveling game, i thought to password the game just for the heck of it. within a few minutes SoJs being are being sold. after about 7-8 minutes of a river walk, Diablo Walks the Earth!

i spawned him in Act 1 Cold Plains, and my necro (level 80 fishy) was getting pummeled by Uber D. i bring in my bowazon, who can at least hang with him with fire, cold and light absorb. after about a half hour of strafing, he finally falls.

ID'd right away: 20, 15, 9 .. not bad for my first anni! :thumbsup:

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
hey all .. been a few weeks since i've posted anything, but diablo just walked for me, and i can't think of anyone else that would care to listen :wink3:

anyhow, just when i create my necro's leveling game, i thought to password the game just for the heck of it. within a few minutes SoJs being are being sold. after about 7-8 minutes of a river walk, Diablo Walks the Earth!

i spawned him in Act 1 Cold Plains, and my necro (level 80 fishy) was getting pummeled by Uber D. i bring in my bowazon, who can at least hang with him with fire, cold and light absorb. after about a half hour of strafing, he finally falls.

ID'd right away: 20, 15, 9 .. not bad for my first anni! :thumbsup:
congrats on your anni :). nice one too btw

Boreal21

Diabloii.Net Member
He walked for me too :azn: I had been playing my hammerdin but knew he wouldn't do so well, so I brought in my smiter and dropped him in ~45 seconds for the first time this season.

11/20/10 was my reward :smile:

Zukarius

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats to both of you on the annis. I had the same experience. I left a game up to go and do something and when I came back I thought to check the message log (very important as I do this now all the time :wink3: ) and sure as heck Diablo walked. No one else had joined the game so I spawned him in the stoney field and finished him with my smiter. 20/14/10 to my surprise...

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh, DiabloClone *finally* walked the earth for me too this Ladder season, but it was in a Baal game and I was using my MF sorc... I tried to rejoin as fast as I could, but the game was full :rant:... Bad luck this time :hanky:...

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
Your fishymancer should have been able to take him easily. What you need to do is summon up some urdars or maulers. They have crushing blow and will eat through big D's life like nothing. If you have a decent level skelly mage, then get a few of them with poison. They'll prevent him from healing for a good long time. It's a walk in the park.

bruticus

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the love people. .. ya .. lots of strafing, but at least the zon didn't die. unfortunately, i don't have a smiter built up yet. =)

Zeek, i have a pile of spare skill points with my fishy - trying to decide where to put them; i think you've just convinced me to put some into revive!

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the love people. .. ya .. lots of strafing, but at least the zon didn't die. unfortunately, i don't have a smiter built up yet. =)

Zeek, i have a pile of spare skill points with my fishy - trying to decide where to put them; i think you've just convinced me to put some into revive!
1 point is generally enough for Revives :rolleyes:.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
You know, the doctors told him he'd never walk again, but he just wouldn't accept it. Through his determination he was able to get himsel out of that wheelchair. An inspiring story, to be sure.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it true that his legs were originally broken by a crazed fan who rescued him from a car crash, but was so upset about Marius dying she tried to force him to rewrite the story?

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
1 point is generally enough for Revives :rolleyes:.
Frosty is right. Usually you just need 1 point in revives and then plus skills will do the rest. I've killed big D with as few as 5 urdars. It just takes a little longer that way. Usually I shoot for 8-10. My plus skills give me that easily.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
More than 5-10 Revives just get lost or in each other's (and the minions' and mercs') way anyway.

GuinnessMike

Diabloii.Net Member
couldnt find em

Last night I entered a game and the screen started shaking and the Diablo walks the earth came up - there was 8 of us looking all over act one for him and never did find him. We found a bone prison in stoney but nothing else then lag started to creep in and it was getting dangerous
Is it always somewhere in act I?

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't think so, dclone will spawn where there is an super unique (let's say radament). You just have to go where there is such a monstter and dclone shold be here. Forgive me if i am wrong, i never hunted dclone.