Yahoo! Addressbook

Bullethead

Diabloii.Net Member
Yahoo! Addressbook

Well, I tried exporting my palm pilot contacts into Yahoo! address book.... Didn't work. I'm gonna go try finding some help. I totally wasted like, 2 hours of my day. What a frustrating experience.

Any suggestions?

bullethead

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
why don't you just write everything down and import it manually? Just takes a few more minutes...

Bullethead

Diabloii.Net Member
That totally defeats the purpose. I mean, why would Yahoo have a tool like that in the first place? Unless they are just putting stuff out there, for us users to go test, and if it doesn't work, then they like fix it.

Man. If they'd told me it was a stupid beta version, I would have lowered my expectations and been glad to offer feedback. Instead they put it out as is, and I expect it to work.

What dumbness is that?

bullethead

Usually find that in the (really) smallprint it'll say that it isnt guareenteed to work unless you have XXXX model, with XXX software blah blah.

Yahoo has had that 'feature' for years and I have never once seen it work.

Even Freet couldn't get it to work and he was a Super Mod at the time.

Bullethead

Diabloii.Net Member
I used their Formats too, didn't work. Where do we report it? At least they can get some feedback...

Ah whatever. I don't even want to bother with it anymore.

The vCard suggestion may work, but exporting like, 200+ vCards can get pretty boring. I don't know if you can export them all at same time though. The only way I've gotten a vCard working is one at a time.

bullethead