Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yaboosh Goes To Europe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Yaboosh, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Yaboosh Goes To Europe

Well, coming this summer, I am off to invade our neighbors to the eas....wes.... right. I am flying into London on the 16th of June and flying out of London on the 9th of July. That gives me 3 weeks in Europe.

We are spending about a week in the UK, then heading to continental Europe for the remainder. It is going to be me and my friend just getting drunk, meeting new people, and having a hell of a lot of fun in our last summer in college.

Tips on partying in Europe? I want to emphasize not as much seeing places as meeting new people. That is just my style. Suggestions?

We are going to be visiting Paris, and getting a rail pass, so we will probably be going through Switzerland, Italy, maybe Belgium?, Germany?

Should be a grantabulous time.

2. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

The Paris Metro. You can see places and meet new people, and you're still welcome when drunk, as long as you're not falling on top of little girls.

Buy Swiss chocolate.

3. Akira

Akira Member

Be sure to get a continental breakfast while in continental europe.

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I recommend the Duncan MacLeod special, dance a tango and have a swordfight on the Eiffel Tower

5. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

I didn't care for Paris at all but it was a long time ago so perhaps its improved. An incredibly filthy city full of rude people with projectile crapping pigeons with dysentary wasn't my idea of a good time.

On another note, don't skip Holland. :D

Dutch

6. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

You forgot the dog crap on every damn street! Living there for 4 years, liked it the first 3-4 months, hated it the rest. Rude people and my relunctance to learn french= Paris -1

7. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

And the hot chicks didn't peek your fancy?

Note: Take above sentence however you want it, even with a side of fries.

8. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Come to Sweden. Land of averted eyes and envy.

9. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

What do you envy? And I must say that traveling through Sweden (particuarly the countryside) with a Japanese wife got us all kinds of non-averted glances. :D

Yaboosh: The rail pass is a sweet idea. Switzerland is absolutely stunning, especially for a Florida guy who doesn't know what a mountain looks like.

If you have the time to go this far, the Czech Republic is supposed to be an amazing place to be--the best beer in the first world and prices more like the third world.

10. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Yeah, durf, I have heard great things about Prague, but as a first time trip, I will probably focus more on the Western side of things.

Switzerland is probably going to be a definite thing, for that very reason. Having never even seen snow, and a hill basically being my only experience with height, it should be a grand experience.

11. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

As far as night life and meeting people, Spain is supposed to be a blast. Everyone naps the afternoon away and all the restaurants and tapas bars and what not open at 9 or 10 at night. You can stand around and barhop and meet tourists and locals alike.

EDIT: I went skiing in Switz. in this area. It's about an hour and a half from Geneva, near Gstaad in the Bernese Alps. Fantastic views of the Matterhorn and the Aguille du Midi and Mont Blanc in France. I stayed with a friend who was teaching at a school in a little town there, and the mountains were stunning, ringing these deep green valleys with huge chalets hundreds of years old all over the place. I loved it.

12. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

That is a possibility, but my traveling friend will have already spent 6 weeks in Spain when we meet in London, so we might visit Madrid or Barcelona for a bit, but nothing extensive.

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

Make sure there is a Europe by the time your done! Also, see if there are pokemon toys!

14. Akira

Akira Member

That's Japan that's rife with pokemania.

15. th5418

th5418 Banned

So! French kids or german kids could be interested into pokemon pr0n too!

16. PloX

PloX IncGamers Member

17. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Spain,Italy or Greece. Shiny happy people. :flip:

18. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

indeed, the women too :lol:

Dutch

p.s. All the czech beer I have tasted was awful, can you recommend a brand Durf?

19. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Don't know nothing bout beer's :buddies: , but woman's with more .... are way ... far more ... uhh :surprise:

20. TheAmoeba

TheAmoeba IncGamers Member

Hey, long time lurker, very few post-er.

I went to europe with my girlfriend the summer before we started university. We did the whole ancient ruins type things, but I do have ideas for your vacation.

1. Decide on a budget. This is the most important part cause stuff in Europe (especially in Paris, Italy, any touristy place) will be super expensive. When I went, it cost about $2500- $3000 canadian for 3ish weeks (including flight)

2. The whole rail thing: pick one or tow countries and try to find a pass that works in them. We thought it would be cheap taking the trains, but it turned out that we spent nearly $600 canadian each for Pairs to Italy (lots of cities but not as many as we thought we would see). The trains are expensive unless you get a package. Bus takes too long for most of the major cities (Paris to Switzerland is something like 12 hours - though I don't remember exactly).

3. Want to meet people? Stay in a hostel as much as possible - if you can handle it. Not much privacy, shared bathrooms, full unless you make reservations (use the internet). You do meet lots of people there (unless you're quiet like me, my girlfriend is the talker).

4. Go to Ibiza! This is the party capital. They have clubs open 24/7 (so I hear - some open when others close in the morning). Watch out though cause this place is supper expensive. My bro spent something like 35 euros on 500ml of water (from the clubs, of course).

5. Both my girlfriend and myself don't drink so we had water. Get food from grocery stores to save money. Stuff like soap and shampoo, buy it from there cause it's just more weight to carry around if you back-pack.

6. Paris is kinda crappy. But still nice to see once. Again, really expensive. If you're not sight-seeing or into museums and the like, then maybe don't even see it.

hope this helps
    The Amoeba