Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Xtreme WW assassin...plz comment

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Strider_pt, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

Xtreme WW assassin...plz comment

Hi guys. Im trying to make a variant to Voide's build which I must say is amazing. This build will focus on other aspects of the ww assassin. So here I go.

Stats

Str: Enough for gear without + from items. Around 130ish
    Dext: Enough for gear without + from items. More in here for AR is also recommended. I would think 150 in here is good enough
    Vit: Rest goes here. The whole thing with life is that with added points, it doesnt go up that much. There isnt too much extra that you get from 20 points extra here but its your call. I would put a balance so you have decent life and good ar.
    En: Nothing here or a little bit...ww takes up quite a bit of mana remember. Id say base - 50 at the most

Skills
    (in order of importance)

20 Claw Mastery
    20 Venom
    5-10 Weap Block (enough for decent block with all the + skills from charms and items)
    10-20 Fade (will max at end but put 10 to start with)
    20 Mind Blast
    10+ Cloak of Shadows
    1+ Shadow Master

Optional
    1 Blade Fury
    1 Blade SHield
    1 Wake of Fire

Tweak this section around. There may be too many skill points allocated.

Equipment

I play nonladder so all the gear I will put up will correspond with nonladder.

Helm: Crown of Ages (double UM or 5/5 psn facets depending if you have resists and what difficulty you play in)
    Armor: Nats Armor (5/5 psn facets or um if you need resist that badly)
    Claw 1: Chaos
    Claw 2: Fury/Jade Talon depending on if you need resists
    Weapon switch: CTA with lidless and dual +3 shadow skill katars
    Boots: Gore riders
    Belt: Tgods/Verdungos
    Ring1: Raven/Angelic
    Ring2: Raven/Angelic
    Ammy: Highlords/Angelic
    Gloves: Draculs

Note: if you use angelics, you may want to "cham" something.

Well thats it. If i get good reviews and when i get more experience, i will add how to beat the classes people duel with.

2. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Pretty good, cept for me and this is what i do. Bramble as armor, Poison Facet Shako, Trangs Gloves, And Trangs Belt. For me i like to take an advantage of Venom and since Draculs is compelingly usless its a good idea to remove it. (Open Wounds doesn't stack and Life Tap doesn't cast.)

[email protected]~

3. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

Seems like everyone is hystrerical about bramble, poison facets and trangs gloves these times for ww sins.. come on, there are ALOT of better options for ww sins than boosting poison damage.

My reasoning goes like this. Assuming level 20 Venom with 10 Shadow charms, 1 skill CoA, 1 skill highlords amulet and 6 skills from switch. This leaves you with level 38 Venom on pre-cast.

Avg. Damage with level 38 venom: 1015 poison damage over 0.4 seconds.
    Adding 50% + 25% from bramble and trangs gloves: 1776 poison damage over 0.4 seconds.
    Subtracting PvP penalty 1/6: 296 poison damage over 0.4 seconds.
    75% Resistance: 74 poison damage over 0.4 seconds per hit.

You could add alot more damage through lionheart/enigma/steelrend, these would all boots your damage through physical damage and as physical resistance is capped at 50% in the end it should add up to more?

4. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

Can you explain the 20 in MB?

5. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

I think Lion Heart is weak as compared to any other armor you can get today. True we do express Venom alot to our usage, but the reason why doing so is becuase not many in PvP do have poison resist and now being that you can use two things at a time, why not?

[email protected]~

6. Strider_pt

sup everyone. Just checkin on my thread. To me, I think that poison is a really good way to go so hyping up poison damage is really good. I see lots of Bramble+Psnfacet+Trangs gloves going around and wanted to try something different but if you want massive poison damage, thats the way to go. Ill probably end up doing that if i get my hands on a good bramble. A really good idea too is to put on lots of + skill items and cast venom, then remove those items and put gear on. I believe it carries over. 20 in mind blast may be a bit much. Mind blast at level 20 has a longer stun and a wider radius and a bit higher damage. This is intended to be the finishing blow if your ww doesnt do it in mid-ww. I have conferred with my friends and they say to max out cloak of shadows. It gets really insane by lvl 20. something like -75% from base defense on opponent and +85% on yours. This could be the assassins answer to high def paladins and barbs.

The assassin is underway for your information. Currently lvl 20 cuz im slow. Things looking pretty good except for the lack of life. But she seems to be doing all right. K gonna check in in a few days. Keep posting suggestions/questions. Peace

7. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

If you read my post correctly you would see that the extra 74 average damage of poison damage is hardly worth the gear slots you'll have to sacrifice compared to lionheart giving +40 stats and 110 life. Also steelrend would add remarkably more damage than venom as venom can be resisted 75% vs. physical damage only 50%. The reason in the augment should be obvious.

True that not alot utilize maxed poison resistances in public duels, but try duelling 'skilled' duellers, they will all have maxed out their resistances thus leaving your poison almost nullified.

1) Mind blast doesn't increase radius per level afaik (confirm someone?)
    2) Poison isn't worth it compared to the mods of other gloves/armors.'
    3) Cloak of shadows is hardly worth the points compared to other skills.

8. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

I can kill 3 good WW sins at once with my WW barb with only putting on carrion wind, because they use psn as their main damage, so I think physical would be better

9. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

Im pretty sure mind blast doesnt increase radius per lvl. but when it comes to the gloves....atleast trangs is certainly the way to go if ur gonna be a ww asn. think about it. attack speed doesnt matter, leech doesnt matter, life tap from dracs wont even cast, open wounds can be nice but chaos an gores give u plenty, gloves have low defence anyway so the ~70 from trangs is forgiven. armor is a slightly different story. at that point i believe its about what you want more. i think the extremes here would be Stone (so you dont get hit so damn often), or bramble (much higher psn damage). these are of cource for the slightly wealthier, which i find as the original poster said Nats armor works well. and Cloak is WELL worth points. i believe in the low 30s you just about negate your opponents defence (-95%) and for a decent shadow skill asn she can reach that easily. -95% defence. what can be more useful to the asn who needs to get hits in FAST if she plans to survive her duels? most classes can take out assassins very quickly, its all about how fast she can take them out.

yah probably, but assassins inherantly do very low damage. i was able to get mine to achive around 2400 max per claw if i gave her firelizards (this is with the skill dragon claw, i have no idea what it would be on a reg attack) that is low compared to the much much higher other classes do. 5k barbs and paladins, 5k bowazons, elementalists doin anywhere from 4000-20000. venom is essential for an assassin to be effective, but yes it cant be her only source of damage. the problem is with physical most characters have max dr making that low damage they do, much lower. (even casters now all use stormshields :hanky: ) barbarians are very tough to kill with an assassin being that they are more or less a tank class. they seem to naturally take hits much better than anyone else.

10. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

5k bowazons? :cheesy:

not easy at all in 1.10...

11. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

eclipsedk, is there a way to calculate how much a 60%/14 steelrend + lionheart's 20% e.d. will add to, say, a 120/120 str/dex build using 2x 340% suwayyah? i'm curious now if it's noticeable or not

12. Strider_pt

My mind blast radius was incorrect. It stays at whatever it was. I agree that poison is really one of the only ways to go with assassin primarily because they have low physical damage. Keep posting

13. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

Its easier than you would think. a good dexazon with a inventory full of duped 3/20s can achieve much more than that. im not sayin everyone go get urself 40 3/20s because thats just lame, but its possible, and face it the top ones are going to have them.

14. Strider_pt

Ok heres my updated build

Stats

Str: Enough for gear without + from items. Around 130ish
    Dext: Enough for gear without + from items. More in here for AR is also recommended. I would think 150 in here is good enough
    Vit: Rest goes here. The whole thing with life is that with added points, it doesnt go up that much. There isnt too much extra that you get from 20 points extra here but its your call. I would put a balance so you have decent life and good ar.
    En: Nothing here or a little bit...ww takes up quite a bit of mana remember. Id say base - 50 at the most

Skills
    (in order of importance)

20 Claw Mastery
    20 Venom
    5-10 Weap Block (enough for decent block with all the + skills from charms and items)
    10-20 Fade (will max at end but put 10 to start with)
    5+ Mind Blast
    20 Cloak of Shadows
    1+ Shadow Master
    1 Burst of Speed

Optional
    1 Blade Fury
    1 Blade SHield
    1 Wake of Fire

Tweak this section around. There may be too many skill points allocated.

Equipment

I play nonladder so all the gear I will put up will correspond with nonladder.

Helm: Crown of Ages (double UM or 5/5 psn facets depending if you have resists and what difficulty you play in) (Switch: Shako)
    Armor: Guardian angel, Bramble, Nats Armor (5/5 psn facets or um if you need resist that badly)
    Claw 1: Chaos
    Claw 2: Fury/Jade Talon depending on if you need resists
    Weapon switch: CTA with lidless and dual +3 shadow skill katars
    Boots: Gore riders
    Belt: Tgods/Verdungos (Switch Arachnids)
    Ring1: Raven/Angelic (Switch: Soj)
    Ring2: Raven/Angelic (Switch: Soj)
    Ammy: Highlords/Angelic (Switch: +3 Shadow Skill amulet)
    Gloves: Trangs
    Note: if you use angelics, you may want to "cham" something

Switches are for precasting venom and fade or BoS. Very helpful