Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

xtra zealot points.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by aarbroga, Sep 4, 2006.

1. aarbroga

aarbroga IncGamers Member

xtra zealot points.

Ok Im level 85 and have 5 xtra points to spend. I am wondering what people think are the best way to spend them, my build is max zeal, sacrafice, fantacism, holyshield, and 1 in smite and salvation. also 1 in all the prerequisites. My resists are all maxed now, I want to be able to do ubers as Im sure I could now but I wanna hear peoples opinions thanks

2. Baki

Baki IncGamers Member

I like defiance, it is a synenergy of HS. Which gives you more def.

3. yiuman

yiuman IncGamers Member

The way I see it you have three options. To me the choice depends on your equipment

Option 1) Defiance (like Baki said), synergy to holy shield gives you more defence - never a bad thing. Most useful for PVP I think.

Option 2) Resist auras. You get +1max resist for every two hard points in the appropriate resist aura. Depending on your equipment you might want to put points in resist fire or lightning (the 2 most dangerous) to make you that bit safer. This also can increase your vengance damage (if you have it as a one point wonder like me to deal with PIs). Depends on your equipment - if you use guardian angel maybe not so useful, but a 95% Fire/Light/Cold 90% Poison resists would be fun to have. Especially with some absorb too - you could just laugh at elemental damage - even gloams.

Option 3) Blessed Aim. Not often mentioned with zealots, but each point gives a passive 5% bonus to your AR. Can help with hitting. Bear in mind that you already get a substantial % AR bonus from fanat and zeal so +AR is probably better for you than %AR but still, could be a useful addition.

Basically once fanat, zeal, sacrifice and HS are maxed, the other skill points are just gravy and can serve to customise/improve your character a little. I don't think that they'll make or break it.

4. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

well if u are having trouble with mephy i suggest putting the points in the aura that combats his conviction aura... otherwise put it in a passive skill as it would benefit u the most