Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

xslm? How do I use?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by viruszero, Mar 18, 2004.

1. viruszero

viruszero IncGamers Member

xslm? How do I use?

I have heard of the bot xslm on battle net. How do i use it?

2. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

dude. run while u can. u uttered the Bxx word.and i'm not talking bout cattle.net... :scared: :scared: :scared:

3. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

you not legally allowed to use bots with d2.... if you get caught they will likely freeze your accounts and at worst they will ban your ip or cd keys... its not worth it...

4. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

I think he's referring to the Market Bot that gives estimated values of common items. What you do is whisper "*xslm pc item" and should get a reasonably accurate response. The item responds to some "slang" terms of the items, so try different spellings and you should get it right. The bot also features some help commands you could take a look through.

Hope I could help.

5. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Man, People around here jump down the throughts of others so fast without reason, mencion the word bot and people are all over you, nevermind that there are a ton of bots on battle.net that are placed there by blizzard... yes some bots are bad, the ones you're not allowd to use.... but just because someone mencions the word bot does not mean they are out to cheat.

6. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i am not 100% sure but dont ppl use bots here for clans and chat? maybe some 1 should find out if this is allowed and whats not, i know ppl that have been running clan bots and chat bot for years and nothing has ever happen to them

7. decoy_sJ

i dunno bout what blizzard will do bout the bots though..i dun really know wat they do cos i dun use one..i got this funny feeling blizz will be out to get all who use bots and freeze their accounts just so they will buy another copy of d2 :lol:

8. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Yes, bots that play the game for you, but I highly doubt youd have your cd key banned over using one of the chat bots that blizzard put there! My point is that 'bot' is not a bad word, and just because you say it dosen't mean you're a cheater. Bots are just programs used for many different purposes, some are cheats some are not.

9. ScarabUndying

ScarabUndying IncGamers Member

All bots cause lag. I hate lag. Blizz hates lag. We all hate lag. Don't cause lag. OK? The program may give you an advantage (whether that's affecting play in game or not), but it makes very crappy things happen to others.

Actually blizz did not create any chat bots, that's just a rumor. In the eyes of blizz, all bots are bad. Hence this section of the EULA:

10. Jarulf

Jarulf IncGamers Member

Actually Blizzard once DID release a simple chat client/bot, they even have a special icon for it. Automating replies for it doesn't really change much. Last I was on bnet they still allowed it on (since I saw them) so appearantly your statement is not true or they would not have let them on in the first place!

11. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

that bot is useful. More than the trade forums. lol =x

12. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Yup. Even though it can sometimes take it 1 min+ to respond (cause of heavy use I imagine), it's still way faster, and seems pretty reasonably accurate with values.

13. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

ok go here this is a link to arreat summit, if u go down and look at the chat client that is what type of bot this "xslm" is. now if thay are not allowed, why would thay have this posted on the arreat summit HUH? :scratch:

14. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

Sadly, its been a while (h3ll long of a while) since blizzard did any actions to cleanse the realms.

So i think i'll use the trade value estimation b0t till blizz decides to do any at all.... :sleep:

15. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Well, it seems the arguments over bots flooded out your original question..

You command the bot by whispering to *xslm, e.g.

/w *xslm command

As Green_Squirrel said, the simple price check is:

/w *xslm pc item name

Two other useful ones are:

/w *xslm pc requests
    /w *xslm pc offers

..to list what items have been requested or offered by other bot users. If you then price check one of those items, it will tell you who offered/requested it and for what price.

/w *xslm help

..will get you some further info.

16. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

This bot is not something you "use".. it is a chat client permanently connected to b.net, which you communicate with by whispering. It's not at all the same sort of thing as a Pindlebot or Shopbot or whatever..

17. krzychnip2000

krzychnip2000 Banned

wowza..thats reallyt cool, ive never heard of this..and yeah, im sure its better than the freakin trade value forums...at least on uswest since not many people give pc's

18. decoy_sJ

ooh..i nvr knew that this bot can be used in this way..my bad my bad :innocent:

p.s. erm so where can i get the xslm bot? the link to arreat's summit shows the avatars :scratch:

19. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

You don't need to get anything. Just get onto USWEST and whisper to it.

/w *xslm help

Although, having said that, it doesn't appear to be up and running right at this instant. Oops!

20. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I think its some guy who sits at his pc and manually types out pc's
    that would explain the wait time, and it would so explain why it gives different answers for the same pc question, same spellings punctuation and everything