XP Installed - Can't get in - Keyboard problems! Help:) if

Njx

Diabloii.Net Member
XP Installed - Can't get in - Keyboard problems! Help:)

Ok, so I got my computer put together and all and XP is installed, I set the password with my keyboard and everything in the setup part of the windows installation and went through all that. My computer reboots and boots up XP and I have to type my PW in ... thing is my keyboard won't function. This is the administrators password screen thing. Ok - Whats wrong? Keyboard works everywhere else but in this screen , works in dos and to enter bios and it even worked in the setup... what's the dillio?

I have SATA hardware so I had to install XP with a boot disk that I made from my Mobo cd. ( Went with the gigabyte k8 mobo- not sure of the rest of the numbers in it, but I know its PCI express enabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated - hopefully promptly as I'm at my buddy's place using his computer. ( No internet at home currently !! ).
Thanks
 

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's a very important question - is it a USB keyboard?

If it is a USB keyboard, you're screwed. There's an issue with USB keyboards needing to be in particular ports of particular USB configuration. I ran into it with a Dell Optiplex GX280, and the keyboard will only work on the first port it was plugged into if that is the case.

There's a Micro$oft garbage page about how to bypass it with duct tape and a squeegee, but that process won't function on a GX 280 due to lack of PS/2 ports.
 

Njx

Diabloii.Net Member
jmervyn said:
Here's a very important question - is it a USB keyboard?

If it is a USB keyboard, you're screwed. There's an issue with USB keyboards needing to be in particular ports of particular USB configuration. I ran into it with a Dell Optiplex GX280, and the keyboard will only work on the first port it was plugged into if that is the case.

There's a Micro$oft garbage page about how to bypass it with duct tape and a squeegee, but that process won't function on a GX 280 due to lack of PS/2 ports.

No Its not its a p/s or whatever port.
 

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Njx said:
No Its not its a p/s or whatever port.
Sorry, unless you had attempted to use a USB keyboard prior to using your standard port, I've no further help.

BillyG wants you to reinstall... better yet, buy new product.
 

Njx

Diabloii.Net Member
jmervyn said:
Sorry, unless you had attempted to use a USB keyboard prior to using your standard port, I've no further help.

BillyG wants you to reinstall... better yet, buy new product.
new product? The keyboard works perfectly fine , not sure what your talking about.
 

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Njx said:
new product? The keyboard works perfectly fine , not sure what your talking about.
Sarcasm, son, sarcasm. Micro$oft never fully fixes their original products; they have to sell new ones to stay alive.
 

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
When my son was five years old he peed on Microsoft property there in Redmond Washington for all and in behalf of all who suffer at the hands of Microsoft!
 

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Cooked said:
When my son was five years old he peed on Microsoft property there in Redmond Washington for all and in behalf of all who suffer at the hands of Microsoft!
Good on him! Viva la Revolucion!
 
Top