Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

x% Chance to Cast Spell Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Serdash, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

x% Chance to Cast Spell Question

Ok... this is for all of the technical people out there that test these things.

I noticed a couple of times while leveling my strafer, that she would inherit casting delays.

What do I mean?

Ok, she was using Goldstrike Arch and a Thundergod's Vigor. Each of them have a chance to cast Fist of the Heavans. I would notice that when FoH was cast, I would inherit the 1 second(I think) casting delay from FoH on any of my attacks. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm sure I saw my strafe and magic arrow turn red and I couldn't use them for that breif second.

So do you inherit the casting delay from things? Or am I just crazy? :uhhuh:

2. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

The only response that I can provide is yes, you are crazy. I'm not sure about your casting delay problem though. I just thought I'd give this thread a friendly *bump.

3. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

i believe so......not that you're crazy but there is a casting delay with those skills. i remember asking about it when i used to have my online zon

4. Brass_Monkey

Brass_Monkey IncGamers Member

I can remember hearing about the same problem in 1.09, zons with Atma's Scarab stopping for a second when the Amp Damage went off. Sounds like the same thing, but FoH has a casting delay whereas Amp Damage doesn't
    </Monkey>

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

You're not crazy. I've noticed it with certain items, such as T-God's that my "zapazon" uses, Rising Sun my necro used to use on hell meph runs, in case councillors broke loose and started spamming Hydra, and (I'm not sure on this last) Tiamat's Rebuke, which my zapazon used until recently, when it popped a Hydra.

The odd thing about this is I've never actually noticed the delay being as long as the delay for the cast spell is. My theory is with certain 'procing' (Bliz's term for '% to cast' stuff) gear, your char takes a split second to 'cast' it, but unlike a regular casting, it can't be interrupted. Still, while doing so, you can't act. I've never actually had a problem with it so far, though- much less than I had with the first incarnation of Kalita, my zapazon, before I rebuilt her without those Fend-breaking Dodge/Avoid/Evade skills.

6. StellarDust

StellarDust IncGamers Member

It seems to me that Blizzard has made it so that all skills with cast-delay would put a brief delay on all skills. For example, if you use a sorceress with high fcr and cast a meteor (or hydra, or FO) and then quickly switch to teleport, you will see that you can't teleport for that brief moment. The problem in 1.09 wasn't that you can't use other skills for a sec with amp, but the arrows that you shoot will not come out while you're casting a spell.

7. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Yes it does present. If I use flambellow on my barb and firestorm went off, I can't frenzy for a bit and the button is red. Same reason I don't use goldstrike on my strafezon. Now I'm trying to avoid using using such items.

8. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

You're not crazy. My strafe zon uses an upgraded Goldie herself and I've noticed it. It doesn't really effect my play though. It's maybe a 1 second delay (I'd say it's actually less but I haven't timed it), and in any case it has a pretty negligable impact on overall play, IMO.

9. Mammon

Mammon IncGamers Member

Just thought I'd fan the flames while everyone is brainstorming...

I used a Snowclash on my telsladin for a while and it seems to me I recall seeing the casting delay evidence (the skill square going red), but if memory serves it might have only been the right one...

I might have to admit to a little loss of sanity just to fit in with the rest of you I guess :scratch:

10. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

no you're not crazy. if you remember my post sometime ago about my chaos feral claw, i've noted that whenever the orb was casted, i can't do any attack. so i think it's a new way blizzard want things to work.

11. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

The puzzling thing is that a casting delay should NOT affect any skill which does not have a casting delay--e.g. if I cast Frozen Orb with my Sorc I am not prevented from spamming Fireballs while the casting delay of FO wears off. Since Magic Arrow and Strafe do not have casting delays (unless someone wants to tell me different!) they shouldn't be affected by this...