Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

X-bow IAS

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Fluffballer, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

X-bow IAS

I checked the amazon forum chart and found that you need 157% IAS on a speed 10 bow for the last strafe BP. Does this not apply to crossbows as well?

I took a Buriza (base speed 10 with 80% IAS). I shaeled it (100% IAS), am wearing that 10% IAS belt (110%), Highlords (130%), LoH (150%) and a helm with a 15%IAS jewel (165% total IAS). Results? Strafe comes oozing out like cold tar. What the heck?

2. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

I think Buriza needs 215% total IAS to reach the last breakpoint with strafe.

3. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

4. VoX Dei

VoX Dei IncGamers Member

As said before you'll need 215% IAS to reach last strafe BP with a 10 base speed x-bow.

Your current strafe with 10 base speed bow reaches the last BP (8/2 -> 8 frames initial strafe volley with 2 frames follow up volleys), whereas your strafe with Buriza (10 base speed x-bow) reaches only (12/3.5 -> 12 frames initial strafe volley with 3.5 frames follow up volleys). Conclusion: your bow is strafing MUCH faster than Buriza, however, speed isn't everything. Damage and other mods also matter, i mean maybe you are forgetting that Buriza is not the average x-bow, i.e., it has huge damage, 100% inbuilt pierce, adds huge cold damage, etc