Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wyatt Cheng should go.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by In the name of Zod, Nov 25, 2015.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Everytime that guy opens his mouth I disagree with everything that comes out. Now that he said how much he is in support of pro-team based experience I think that the damage he has inflicted on D3 is almost semiperm in the case of lost play base. Just looking at these forums along and the lack of activity pretty much says it all. The guy has no clue what-so-ever about what makes diablo fun. He's had his day, time to go.

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I'll admit that I haven't been all over his words of late but what did he say that has you upset? Give a few examples. Does he want to turn D3 or D4 into DOTA or require team based to beat certain bosses, like WoW? That would disillusion the single player base, which I am guessing is the majority of players these days.

3. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

I don't think it's just Wyatt. I think much of the team has misunderstood the game for a long time and the community that would keep this franchise live and kicking over all these years.

In the name of Zod likes this.
  4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Tell me more.

I am interested in seeing their posts and videos listed here where we can put up a case of misunderstanding the game and community. Not to present to them, of course. But to allow this community a better understanding of the developers and why they are making certain decisions or not. It would be good to see, for all of us.

5. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty much everything that has happened to the game since he has taken over the entire project. I really don't think he understands the game at all. Why has he made multiplayer the 'only' way to play Diablo. Why put a racing game timer into the game? Why put the only focus on the development of the game into sets. You couldn't make worse decisions. His recent views on keeping the multiplayer bonus after he agrees that even without it you would be better off in multiplayer than singleplayer is lunacy. The man completely lacks any rationale behind his arguments and continues to arbitrarily make the worse possible decisions for the game.

All he has ever done is keep switching the focus on how to play the game to give himself a job and keep himself employed. The players, the game just going around in circles continuously with no real improvement to gameplay that will attract players back. Changing the game completely with each patch is proof of how erroneous every idea he has had is or how successfully he has managed to make it look like something is happening when it isn't. Its not a matter of quoting him anymore, just like with jay the results speak for themselves.

Patch 2.5 sets rebalance, 2.6 sets rebalanced, 2.7 sets rebalanced..........

6. Ashlen

Ashlen Diabloii.Net Member

Uhhh, you do know Wyatt is not the project manager for Diablo 3 right?! It's Josh...

Winterfell and altermaven like this.