Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wwsin vs auradin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by johntorrio, Jun 3, 2005.

1. johntorrio

johntorrio IncGamers Member

wwsin vs auradin

this is my first wwsin and i must admit its not the best. I wasted about 11 points into stuff i didnt need like 6 into burst of speed and all the preskills to get to pheniox strike. I was dueling tonight and i did absolutly horribly.I got alittle over 3k life i use a +3venom chaos and a 40ias fools mod duel um'd claw.BP enigma shako 2xravens sandstrom trek t-gods trang gloves and maras. I was dueling acouple auradins and just got my ass whooped everytime.When i i went to df towards them they would just charge away. Necros are also a problem for me sorc's arent to hard i did beat a lvl 93 sorc with my 81 wwsin.What can i do to stand up better agianst auradins and how do i fight them if they keep charging away?

2. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

your friend the enigma armor is the solution to the bolded
    can you give me more info about auradins like what auras do they use and what attacks skills they use, i'm on nonladder so i know nothing about these

3. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

(from my future tactics guide)

Well built auradins can be very hard, actually. They will charge around the edges of your screen, not allowing you to get hits at all.

Killing them:

1. High level MB is required. Like level 40ish.
    2. 65 fastcast is required. You have to pound them with MB.
    3. 1 pt. in LS is needed, to stun them as much as possible. ALWAYS have traps up.
    4. When they retreat, MB them and then, from the MB namelock, hotkey-flash tele+WW to get in a free ww hit. Rinse and repeat. The key is to have MB, trap, teleport and WW all on the right mouse button and close enough to each other to quickly flash back and forth.
    5. Many of them will charge/smite as well, since their auras add a decent amount of damage and they may also have grief. Make sure to whirl away and be careful they don't fake you out in order to flash you with conviction.
    6. Keep the SM out to take any FoH hits, etc. and cause a little confusion.
    7. Don't be afraid to teleport out of range and regroup if things aren't going well.

4. '22'Souljah

sounds pretty similar to hammerdins

5. Speederländer

[QUOTE='22'Souljah]sounds pretty similar to hammerdins[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty close. But the feel of it is different. It's hard to describe exactly. You have a bigger margin of error with auradins. Hammer pallys you can die just by accident. Auradins it really comes down to avoiding getting flashed by conviction and booking out of there if you do, since that aura will slap you hard if it hits with conviction on. It does play different, but the same general tactics will work.

6. johntorrio

johntorrio IncGamers Member

will having 90+ all res reduce the dmg of the aura alot?

7. '22'Souljah

you actually need stakced resist since they use conviction to lower your resistance to lower their damage

8. Sumazndude

Sumazndude IncGamers Member

All I know is stack res = gg, :D.

9. Speederländer

[QUOTE='22'Souljah]you actually need stakced resist since they use conviction to lower your resistance to lower their damage[/QUOTE]

Do it right and you may be able to not stack res. I've had luck not stacking by good tactical use of traps, MB and quick tele away when I was flashed with conviction. But I do have max res in all situations and loads of life.

10. Speederländer

On a personal note:

I think auradins are the laziest, cheapest builds to yet grace the PvP landscape of Diablo 2. Simply put, they suck. Without exception, the auradins I have fought just charge around you, trying not to get hit, while their aura passively chips away at your life. Once in a while they'll smite you if they are forced to. It's a zero skill build. Some people playing them MAY have skill, but it's not required. Auradins allow amatuers and novices to win vs. much better skilled duelers.

11. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Lol ever read Acidrane 's guide to auradin in Bnet forums skills discussion forum? Its fun read.

12. '22'Souljah

according to the way you're describing them i don't think i'll need any extra gear swaps just for them but who knows i'll see for myself when ladder ends :]

13. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Sitting on your ass and clicking in a circle isnt that much easier then sitting on your ass and clicking at a specific target..

I hate when people say "a build is skill-less". Record yourself playing D2 from a side angle for an hour, then play it back. Your hand moves in about a 2 inch circle, at best. NONE OF IT TAKES SKILL.

14. Speederländer

Absolutely totally wrong. Apparently you don't duel at a high level. Otherwise you would have a different opinion.

Your characterization of dueling as nothing more than clicking on someone demonstrates you have no experience from which to draw.

What matters is what happens in the game as a result of your actions.

You say small movement in the real world means no skill is involved? Fighter pilots move their controls in "small circles" or back and forth or what have you while sitting on their asses. They train on flight simulators while sitting on their asses and doing the same. By your analogy, they have no skill.

15. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Having skill doens't mean that your mouse is moving at mach 5, it means that you take the time to know your enemy, know what to do against your enemy, and know how not to die.

16. Speederländer

Wait, I thought skill was directly measured by how far you moved your mouse in the course of playing a game. Man, and I bought that oversized mousepad for nothing. :rolleyes: