Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WWS and Pit running

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ems600, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Ems600

Ems600 IncGamers Member

WWS and Pit running

I have a WWS that I am going to upping as soon has i get my hands on a pul rune... But I was wondering if i put things into the sockets now will i lose them when I upgrade? Also, I am going to hopefully run the Pits in hell and I was wondering what would be good gear for doing this? Keeping in mind that I need near max resists for HC.

2. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

For HC, if you can get your hands on them, I would recommend using tals armor, mask, and belt to give you a nice amount of MF as well as resistances and hp/mana. You will have 40% resist all with WWS, so you'll be in the positive resistances with just that and tals. It should be pretty obtainable to reach max resists using some charms and possibly some from jewelry. The Tals mask should provide pretty much all the leech you will need, so that will free up your jewelry for other modifyers such as resists and magic find. The tals combination provides a little less MF than skulders/shako/goldwrap, but it should help you survive much better in HC.

As for your question about socketing, anything socketed in your bow will still be there after upgrading. If you want to remove the items in the sockets, you'll have to use the hel+tp scroll cube recipe. It is safe to socket your WWS before upgrading, though, because the sockets will remain the same when you upgrade it.

3. Ems600

Ems600 IncGamers Member

Well I just found a Lycander's... I still might go with the WWS, if for nothing else then the resists...

4. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

If you look through the new tables in Sasja's pitrunning bow comparison, an upgraded WWS can outperform an upgraded Lycanders Aim in damage. Add this to the resists, and amp damage for physical immunes and increased damage aginst monsters that take several strafes to kill(not so important in pit runs, but very nice elsewhere- also does help with boss packs considerably), the WWS is a very attractive bow. If you're worried about resists in HC, an upgraded WWS is one of the best bows you could choose.

5. Imconfused123

Imconfused123 IncGamers Member

i know i sound like a noob, but wat is a wws?

6. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Wild Witch String (unique bow):
    2 sockets, 170% ed max, 40% resists, 2% chance to cast lvl 5 amp damage (is that right? :D)

Arb

7. littlenec

littlenec IncGamers Member

wws is a witch wild string....I have one and never thought about it in .10

Everyone I talk to is mavs set for pits.

hunky was the one to come up with a wws build in 09
    and it ruled cows and anything else (little slow some times on killing bosses in hell) so I used wf for that.

wws is a mean little bow.
    in hell cows I had people just stand and stare....

mavs for pits because of good resist....100mf on set and lots of bonuses too.
    not to hard to get 200%mf I guess.

everyone talks pit runs....pals and javs take out clone like anything,is there any bow build that will do clone without 3 runewords that is.