Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ww sin vs hammerdin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by derekdoo, Mar 31, 2005.

1. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

ww sin vs hammerdin

i read voides ww sin guide vs hammerdins and well, i dont find it exactly realistic. hammerdins who dont play with skill are not a problem yes, but skilled ones i have a harder time with. most of the time i dont play d2, which doesnt give me enough time to pratice vs hammerdins, thing is he cant hit me unless i stand at a certain spot but ww requires ya to move. i now start to lay some ls and blade fury but the good ones know how to tele fast next and spam hammers, and bf takes some time to go in and out of. anyone got tips for ww sin vs hammerdin dueling? btw fade doesnt lessen hammer damage right cuz its magic?

2. turmania

turmania Diabloii.Net Member

as you said so to duel vs hammerdins it takes some practice. you need to melee them with a ww, to do that you need to be close. if you use enigma the best way to get to hammerdins is to tele right beneath them and start making short ww's, but never tele on them whilst clicking on their name. just tele right to them without name clicking. it still is a hard duel. and yes fade doesn't help with them so u can use bos. i think only lower magic dmg items would help you but a bit, but its not advicable as their hammers are still powerfull 1-2 hits you might be dead.

3. papercut

papercut Diabloii.Net Member

Dont use DF vs them as this puts you right where their hammers come out from. IMHO this duel is a real ***** w/o enigma and max mindblast. I try to hit them once w/ ww and then namelock with mindblast unless either they charge towards or 8 seconds or so have gone by, and then repeat that. Always try to stay south of them, and wwing real fast like to the south or west helps avoid some hammers. Dunno, half of my kills come from just keeping away from them and being a mb whore.

4. Zangeif

Zangeif Diabloii.Net Member

Your game plan should be to kill them with mindblasts only, never try for a ww unless youre 100% sure you won't take a hammer to the dome. Tele away from them until they are off your screen, lay 2 wofs right at your feet, and 3 at the edge of the screen in their direction. If they tele on top of you, mb and then whirl directly down away from them, so that you don't cross their kill zone, namelock then start spamming MBs again. If they tele into the traps at the edge of the screen, start spamming mindblasts, and only tele in to ww in you are sure they are totally stunlocked and that you can get in a whirl before they get off a hammer. Don't use DFlight it is too slow and will usually result in a hammer to the side of your head. Ths is the basic idea but it's a lot harder than it sounds and takes precision and patience to kill them.

It's a hard duel and if both you and the hammerdin are very good I would have to think the hammerdin has the advantage. For hammerdins that don't use charge (most pubbies) it shouldn't be too ahrd as long as you don't make mistakes.

BTW, this is my favorite duel, it's challenging and lasts a long time. Very fun.

5. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli Diabloii.Net Member

use mind blast... if you dont have max mb... well... its gonna be hard... personally, i prebuff bo and take my cta off and put on 2x +3shadow/+3mb claws and mb them a LOT of the time and if i feel i have them stunned really well in traps/mb and their hammers are gone, i switch and go in and ww some

heres a way to get some ww's in: stun them with wof + mb... keep them stunned, recast traps, keep them mb'd, when all their hammers are gone (because they couldnt cast while stunned), tele/df in and do a couple ww's, recast traps, always keep them mb'd... that isnt really easy to do, but just practice at it

6. Zangeif

Zangeif Diabloii.Net Member

Yea, it takes a while to learn when you can safelt ww. Don't be too aggressive, go into the duel with the mindset that you will win with MB, and only ww when a perfect opportunity comes up.

7. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

what i do is stunlock them then tele in right at 7 o clock and do a ww in a clockwise direction
    if he loves to charge teleport at where you think he'll be charging and ww in that direction so he'll eat a ww
    something else i want to mention is when he's stunned then tries to charge out but you have a shadow near him he'll run into that instead
    don't ever try to play a tanking game with them even if it seems as if your winning it only takes 2 hits from a strong hammerdin to kill you
    don't ever get too involved with mind blast either he may desynch you and you won't even know it
    if you use enigma don't namelock tele him while he's running away you might tele into a hammerfield
    play defensively but be ready to move, don't worry too much about getting a lot of hits on him open wounds and mind blast are the main killers here
    open wounds lasts for 8 seconds :clap:

8. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

umm I was just wondering... after what I've heard the base AR of a WW sin is 7k, and the base defence of a hammerdin is 40k... let's say he has 75% block, and you're the same lvl (to leave out the last part of the calc)
    this will then be: 2*7500/(7500+40000) = 0,32 or 32% (if rounded up)
    now with 75% block it will be 0,32/4 = 0,08 = 8% chance of hitting at all. If you have two claws when you're ww then you should have the chance of hitting at 12 times (I think, though not 100% sure) 12 *0,08 = 0,95% so you should hit only 1 time for every WW, and that is to low isn't it? Just my 2 cent :)

Btw: I couldn't locate the guide stated above, maybe it will explain it to me ;)

9. papercut

papercut Diabloii.Net Member

You only really need to hit once, then just let MB and open wounds do damage, and then repeat after 8 seconds(ie after open wounds wears off).

10. TheKing

TheKing Diabloii.Net Member

cloack of shadow is nice vs hammerdims(-4k def), i use light traps vs hammerdims(works better then fire in my opinion)... if they teleport just ww down... if they play with charge, try to stun lock them(light trap+mb) and go for the flight and short ww`s...

11. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli Diabloii.Net Member

hammerdins dont usually have 40k def... they usually have more like 12k-13k... my hammer only has 18k if i put an exile on (which i would never do) and only 60% block with that cuz im built for hoz

12. jton

jton Diabloii.Net Member

dragonclaw = hammerdins worst nightmare.. always cloak a hammerdin then once hes cloaked play defensive and mindblast him.. once he teles near you and spam hammers tele under him and a lil to the left.. this is the safe spot.. dragonclaw works very effectively against them.. if he moves and you get hit with a hammer, tele away and mindblast.. its a hard duel.. but a good wwsin should beable to take 3 hammers.. you should beable to easily kill them.. granted your not always going to win, but my 4.2k life wwsin killed about 80% of the good hammerdins i dueled.. pub hammerdins forget about it.. jus wait for them to tele on you.. ww straight down in short wwsins and tele away... straight mindblasting them works but it takes practice.. its also alot easier if you have a shadowmaster to stun him and then to start mindblasting.. most hammerdins its pointless to use traps against, because all good hammerdins charge away.. if they do use charge then forget the whole mindblast thing and just tele around untill he un-desynched then you ww him and run.. dont be afraid to be defensive against a hammer, although most will talk **** to you.. they always end up going to town when you're defensive... i know myselfd some times its hard to be defensive because the duels last longer, so if you have no patience just dont duel hammerdins :p

13. jton

jton Diabloii.Net Member

another thing i forgot to mention is try getting a fools mod'd claw.. i personally use a um'd +2 shadow eth auto repair fools mod'd claw which works fine.. even better you can get a regular magic fools mod'd claw with double um's in it.. and ALWAYS use BoS against hammerdins.. using fade is pointless because it slows you down, and it helps because when you use a fools mod'd calw against newberdins you can trap lock them eZ because you have max trap laying speed due to the BoS.. it also helps running from them, i find it easier to run to play defensive then to tele, i rarely tele aginst hammerdins unless there very offensive.. it takes practice though, so dont expect to get it right away.,. it took me a good month on wwsin b4 i could easioly destory hammerdins, and to this day its still hard

14. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

dragon claw works but it's too slow for the pallies that know about the blind spot they'll close it real fast

15. jton

jton Diabloii.Net Member

[QUOTE='22'Souljah]dragon claw works but it's too slow for the pallies that know about the blind spot they'll close it real fast[/QUOTE]

not at all with burst of speed.. ive done it to the best of pallys.. and unless your slow youll tele away b4 they can attack u

16. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

couldn't anyone link me to the guide please? :) I would like to see it before I start to try finding weaknesses :lol: :D

17. jton

jton Diabloii.Net Member

what guide?

18. saito

saito Diabloii.Net Member

how long you mb them? I bet you run out of mana quickly, drinking mana is cheap, I think ww sins are so powerful because ppl controling them drinks tons of mana while others have no such need, I think mana drink unbalances all the duels, cuz most of ppl can't tele with enigma a lot because of poor mana pool, being fair player would make this type of sin useles what u think?

19. jton

jton Diabloii.Net Member

i hold 3 screen namelocks ez.. i barely ever run out of mana unless theyre defensive.. dont be mad wwsins own you, thats sure what it seems like.. wwsins are powerful because there only weakness is a wwbarb.. so newb unless youve ever had a wwsin sit down and keep ur damn mouth shut.. and if youve had a wwsin and you ran out of mana so quick, you suck.. plain and simple..

20. saito

saito Diabloii.Net Member

yes my ww sin runned out of mana sometimes although I could easily beat any one, but if you face good dueler mana isn't enough, that's why I sopped playing with it cuz it's just for noobs who can "own" in public games, but... ppl in public games are way weaker than those you face in prvite games, don't say that mana with enigma for ww sin isn't a problem how long do u tele until you catch sorc or smth else?