Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW sin questions

Discussion in 'PvP' started by AntiTyrant, Apr 18, 2005.

1. AntiTyrant

AntiTyrant IncGamers Member

WW sin questions

1) Are WW sins really able to kill anything in PvP?

2) Does the magic / physical damage from chaos work on the off-hand? or would it be better just to use jade or a nice 15/-15 poisen faceted claw?

3) Is a 15/-15 Nats Armor better than bramble in non-melee cases?

4) Is the only way i can beat an evenly matched melee by the use of blade shield and thorns? cause that seems kind of cheap to me.

5) I don't want to be considered cheap out side the use of thorns, so what can i do to kill hammerdins without stun locking them? or is that my only viable choice?

2. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

That isn't true. They will not beat a BvC barb or pretty much any good WW barb. They have a chance at beating pretty much anything else provided they are built and played right. If you are using any armor besides Enigma, pretty much any decent caster will destroy you.

I believe it does, but it's not like you have a choice. You have to use Chaos on your offhand if you want to be able to use WW. ;) The primary claw of choice is generally Fury.

I believe so. Not because of the Thorns, but because of the significantly larger boost to your Venom damage.

Like I said before, the Thorns is practically useless except when used on minions. Blade Shield also will not play a huge factor in deciding a match against a melee target. More important would be stunlocking them if possible and correctly WWing. This means WWing away from your target in small WWs or making hit and runs in order to let OW do it's work. If you intend to simply WW through melee opponents you will die quickly.

Thorns isn't cheap, I'll reiterate that. It is practically negligible. Even if it did do considerable damage, it wouldn't help you against Hammerdins since they don't do physical damage anyway to be returned.

Stun locking a hammerdin may or may not work that well depending on how good the hammerdin is. If you try to stunlock them, they can simply charge out of your stunlock. Beating a good hammerdin will take alot of practice. Some hints:

- Never namelock tele to a Hammerdin unless you want to die really fast.
    - Ideally you will want to short whirl the south side of the hammerdin and get out quickly while your OWs goes to work. Once they are down to 1 hp, you can easily kill them with traps or simply Mindblasting.

I am by no means an expert WW sin player, but that's some basic suggestions I'd give to you.

3. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

most difficult build to up against would be a ww barb and wolfbarbs.
    dont understand what you meant by "off-hand," but how else are you going to whirlwind. unless your dual claw, jade would be reasonable to use only against casters if resist is needed.

4. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

wwsin>wolf barb.

stunlock = gg, thats how you beat most ppl.

you need enigma to be manuverable enough to beat casters, i.e. tele+ww is usually much more effective than df+ww.

you beat a hammerdin by always wwing away, keeping traps up constantly + mbing to keep in fhr when they are not charging.
    you will prolly need angelics+enchant too otherwise a good one with max block will be very hard to hit.

5. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

ive found that when i charge vigor it goes a lot better than just name lock teleporting wwsins. also i always have deaths gloves on against wwsins so they need to do massiv hitting to take down my mediocore din. but this is just from my own experience :p

6. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i dont think enig is necessary, bramble is an excellent armor for wwsin as it adds alot of dmg, and dont forget 50% fhr!

7. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

problem with bramble though is that you go way too slow to catch up to defesive windies. eventually they'll out mana drain you and then they'll slowly go in for the kill ; /

8. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Find me any Bramble sin that can beat my necro and I'll be thoroughly impressed.

9. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

yes my point exactly. any defensive caster can kill a bramble wwsin. only chance to catch them is with df, but against bramble sins i always teleport twice. once so that df gets locked, the other so i teleport away from the sin.

10. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

well maybe enig should be kept in the stash for some cases, but i think most of the time bramble + df works fine

11. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

really, the only time bramble>engima is wwsin vs wwsin
    other than that, the engima build does as good, if not better (mostly better) than a bramble build.

you lose psn dmg, but engima grants you a much higher life build and manuverability (r/w and tele).
    w/o bramble wwsins do enough dmg to take out most ppl if played right.

tele +ww is far more effective than df +ww, also you can get extended namelocks to suprise opponents or tele next to someone for a ww rather than ontop.

12. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

yes, having bramble in stash is not bad at all, it isnt just good against other wwsins, but also pallies,barbs,weredruis etc.

13. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

bah u can beat all melee but ww barbs by simply stunlocking them and if they are pallys, ww away when they charge.

ww barbs are impossible, dont even try. if you beat a ww barb with a wwsin, then the barb is one of the worst ever.

14. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I always thought it was Chaos on primary weapon slot and Fury on secondary?

15. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

i thought that your "primary" and "secondary" claws were determined by the position you put them in on your inventory screen. turns out that your primary is the right hand that shows on your character, not inventory.

most wwsins put fury as their primary since it has the best chance to trigger OW/DS.

16. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

1) Yes, WW-sins are very good against anything but WW-barbs, and possibly hammerdins and smiters (those are the ones I have a hard time beating). It does require more skill than playing a FoH'er or trapper or such cheesiness.

2) I'm not really sure what you mean. If you mean putting a Chaos in your off-hand, then yes the magic damage will work, of course. But a Chaos in primary won't add magic damage to your off-hand weapon.

3) I think bramble is alot better. As far as I know, -resists won't do much for you if they have extra "buffer" resists above their max. If they have 75% poison resist, and an extra 15% (not increased max resist, just extra excessive resist) it won't do anything for you. Bramble also offers other useful mods such as high fhr, resists, and the thorns aura can be good if people hit your shadow master.

4) You will never beat a WW-barb with equal items/skill/level as you. Period. If you mean by using ONLY blade shield and thorns - well you won't kill a naked pikeazon with that. If you mean by using these skills in addition to your other skills, well, thorns does almost no damage (except when they hit your minions), and blade shield is really not fantastic.

5) Thorns will do nothing to a hammerdin, since their attack is both ranged, and magical - not physical. Generally, there's three ways to beat a hammerdin - stun-lock, hit & run, or being a hybrid and using traps.

I personally never found Enigma useful. I kept one in my stash the first week I played my WW-sin, but I never really used it. Dragon Flight will be good enough if used right, and if it hits, it will venom the opponent and/or put them in some kind of recovery (block, hit recovery). Also, you don't need to actually click on your opponent to use Dragon Flight. As long as you can see them, you can just click sort of in their direction and you'll fly up there and hit them. Kinda like with FoH. And for Enigma to be an advantage, your character needs to be built for it (low/base strength, letting Enigma provide the str to use other items in order to have about 60-65 more vitality), meaning that you can't use Bramble in situations where your Enigma will be pretty useless, such as against melêé opponents.

But enjoy your assassin, whatever armor you choose. And if you find it hard in the beginning, please give it a chance. It requires some skill and learning. Don't just be another cheesadin or trappertrash.

17. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

dont hate on hammerdins :(

18. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

actually, to be good on a hammerdin requires alot of "skill" since you have to tele right on top of people or desync them just right. but if ur a beast like me its pretty easy :p.
    trappers require alot of skill too if you arent the type that sits and runs around in traps.

and wwsin w/o enigma is ez. df just cant keep up period, way too slow, and forget it if your going vs a nec and ge depry/hit golem.

19. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Dflight has worked fine for me, I've never felt the need for teleport.

20. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

then you havent been dueling anyone good.