Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Resists

Discussion in 'Druid' started by plasteredkittylizard, Apr 1, 2004.

1. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

WW Resists

Perhaps I'm just blissfully ignorant, but I'm having difficulties with a WW Hell viable setup that has enough resists to live. I'm planning on using a Ribcracker, so there isn't a shield slot to work from, and I'm looking towards either Jalal's or Guilarmes Face (depending on whether the +skills and resist all outweigh the melee advantages of Guilarmes). I'm also planning to use Gore riders, leaving me with body armor, jewelry, gloves, and belt as viable slots. Now granted, I could trade like mad for resist charms, but failing that route....Personally, I'm thinking that a Tal's Armor wouldn't be a bad armor for the resists, or else a Smoke or Lionheart armor...Alternatively, I could go with Kira's for the crazy resists....Would you guys say that its important to hit for as close to max resists in hell as a WW, or should I take the damage is king route and gear accordingly, and just shoot for positive resists?

2. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I'd at least try to hit 75% lightning and fire resists - consider laying of hands and highlords amulet and gloom armor (45 resist all) - dim vision for ranged monsters and huge defense (helpful if you have a defiance merc).

You'll need resist charms - no buts about it.

3. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

Smoke + Tomb Reaver + Jalal's Mane

however, if you ask me, the one you should at least max is Fire, then Lightning.

4. the1spoon

the1spoon IncGamers Member

I'm trying the "damage is king" route with one of my WW druids. He has positive resists, but only his lightning is maxed. All told, even with resists positive, hell hurts like, well, hell. I would suggest you do anything in your power to get your druid's resists to max. And yes, you'll definitely need those charms.

5. thaMcJin

thaMcJin Banned

i don't know what is a hell viable setup, but u druid is using similar as a ww druid. so here

dmg is king will work well if and only if u have around 30 life leech with fast attack speed, so u can leech u life back rite away even u have negative resis.
    u need 2000 life too, so u don't die in 1 hit.

shoot for positive resists, yup, but it is less fun thou. u will need max lighting resis when u do hell baal runs against souls, get a lighting absorb will make u the king of lighting resist. when i see those lord lands their fireball or fire wall on me i just run away, i say u may want to get like 40 fire resis if u gonna stand in the fire and kill. cold resis is good to have it because the lower u cold resist is, the slower u will kill and run away. psn resist won't matter, u can leech u life back rite away.

so max lighting cold resist and shoot for positeive resist with fire and psn. :lol: