Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Questions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ruick, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Ruick

Ruick IncGamers Member

WW Questions

Hello, new poster and new barbarian here. I recently started collecting some IK peices, i read into barbarians alittle bit and i'm interested in making one. About builds, i pretty much want a ww barb... i don't know about you guys, but i hate "one-mob-at-a-time" spam clicking, and the ww crowd control is nice since im normally used to MS zons,etc.

Weapon choice: I real want a 2hander, since i'll also probably be using the IK set i already have a IK Maul. My friends are calling me foolish though for not wanting 1h / shield? what do you guys think? imo, the huge + cool looks + (ww = suppose to have a big dmg wep? ).

Third, I'm noob...yes i'm noob but can someone explain / link the "WW breaking points".

Also, I do have my fair share of items - but my general d2 experience isnt as much as most of you... by "pit" what zone are you referring to?

The build "Titans" what do you mean? Using Titan's Revenge? I'm lost :xeek: .

PS. Most of these questions probably have been answered, i did try looking for them but i either missed them / they werent answered fully... though giving me some links or responding positively would be a great Help. Thanks guys, and this is a great forum.

2. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

Titans are barbs who pump str and use a big arse 2 handed weapon, maxing out

ww
    mastery
    bo
    shout
    beserk

3. bigballerpaul

bigballerpaul IncGamers Member

dont listen to those who call you foolish for not using a shield with a ww barb.

when using ww, you have what you call breakpoints. a breakpoint is 1 of 2 things that factor in to actually how many possible times you can hit a target with a single whirl. the other factor being the range of the weapon. to hit a specific breakpoint, you need a specific amount of IAS (Increased Attack Speed). ****ONLY IAS on the Weapon itself is counted in reaching a breakpoint**** external ias, such as from your gloves, etc, does not help you reach a ww breakpoint.

Since you are planning on using an IK maul, ill just make it simple for you: you need AT LEAST 30IAS to reach the last ww breakpoint for 2 handed weapons. you can have more, but there arent anymore breakpoints you will hit. the easiest way to get the 30ias you need is to put 2 shael runes in your ik maul. this will give you 40ias, and you will still hit the 3rd ww bp.

The Pit - this is the cave/hole in the ground/dungeon area in act1 in the tamoe highlands section.

Titan Barb. Basically a titan build is a build that places ALL stat points into strength. Titan barbarians arent as much of a tank as other builds, due to low life (no points in vit) and no blocking (no points into dex). The life you do get from the build comes from your gear and charms and the coveted barb cry - Battle Orders.

so there ya go. hope that helps some. you might not want to go with a titan barb for your first build. but thats a whole nother post my friend. :xmad:

4. Ruick

Ruick IncGamers Member

Wow thanks for the answers, i have a few more new questions tho :xsmile3: .

1) So the Pit is a real good place to MF now?

2) I'm actually interested in the Titan barb idea, why do you not reccomend it? I'm skilled in terms of just good survival with a melee if that's what you mean (little hp). Any extra advise would be greatly appreciatied.

5. Pisken

Pisken IncGamers Member

1 : yes

2 : dont go the pure Titanbuild as your first Barb.... you will die :p , make a semi titan , aiming for about 400 str and some points in vitality , not as cool as a pure badass titan , but lot more safe :)