WW name lOck Trick QUestion?

JustLikeIt

Diabloii.Net Member
WW name lOck Trick QUestion?

So i was dueling with my barb, and i was dueling a straff zon and so i name lock ww him. When he straff he die and i was like this far from him _______
. So Is this lag/bugged or just the trick of ww name lock? the zon say i tele lag ww him and i got a fort on so can someone tell me why this happen?

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm guessing

JustLikeIt said:
so can someone tell me why this happen?
Better to hear from the pros on this, but I think this is the desynch that is regularly mentioned (blob's guide specifically mentioned greater incr speed to facilitate desynch kills). Better to hear from rik, bigrob, mcm or morotsjos though, I might be wrong on this.

JustLikeIt

Diabloii.Net Member
I have no idead what u mean /what u talking about lol. im ma noob to ww barb stuff, need some help cna u explain deeper?

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Attempted response

JustLikeIt said:
I have no idead what u mean /what u talking about lol. im ma noob to ww barb stuff, need some help cna u explain deeper?

Since I dont quite understand it myself, this is probably the blind leading the blind, but it appears that when you move quickly, as you would when chasing a zon, and you namelock (as I have done, with regular success), the server seems to have some difficulty keeping track of your actual location on the map (think of it in terms of when the game lags, and you are standing before Akara waiting to buy some mana pots...or so you think. Then the game "synchs" and you suddenly find yourself still standing at the entrance to the blood moor having a chat with a hoary necromancer). This would be "desynch", where your movements are out of synchronization with the server. The same thing happens, as best I can tell, when you ww on someone. They continue to dodge and move, they seem inches from you (in terms of screen space), and suddenly you hear the pleasant sound of clang-whump-ahhhhhhh!, and the zon dies, seemingly well before you get to her. The bank has erred in your favor. Collect your 200 gold. Grab kleenex for the weepy zon and get ready to go again.

Make sense?

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
to be clear

calibansfury said:
The same thing happens, as best I can tell, when you ww on someone.
In stating this, I dont mean you always desynch when you ww, just sometimes when ww'ing over a large area/extended period, and even then it's not a guarantee it'll happen.

Hope that helps--

calibansfury
uswest ladder

JustLikeIt

Diabloii.Net Member
calibansfury said:
Since I dont quite understand it myself, this is probably the blind leading the blind, but it appears that when you move quickly, as you would when chasing a zon, and you namelock (as I have done, with regular success), the server seems to have some difficulty keeping track of your actual location on the map (think of it in terms of when the game lags, and you are standing before Akara waiting to buy some mana pots...or so you think. Then the game "synchs" and you suddenly find yourself still standing at the entrance to the blood moor having a chat with a hoary necromancer). This would be "desynch", where your movements are out of synchronization with the server. The same thing happens, as best I can tell, when you ww on someone. They continue to dodge and move, they seem inches from you (in terms of screen space), and suddenly you hear the pleasant sound of clang-whump-ahhhhhhh!, and the zon dies, seemingly well before you get to her. The bank has erred in your favor. Collect your 200 gold. Grab kleenex for the weepy zon and get ready to go again.

Make sense?

Wow after reading this i get it!!!!
and so u think is desync? if i ww namelock the zon?

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
JustLikeIt said:
Wow after reading this i get it!!!!
and so u think is desync? if i ww namelock the zon?
Yes, I think that's what they're talking about, as during duels such as this is the only time I've seen such an effect take place, and would be the only thing I can think of that I'd refer to as "desynch".