Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW IAS question.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Rawker, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

WW IAS question.

I read somewhere on these forums that WW only considers the IAS on your weapon. Is this true or does any IAS equipment you have affect it? Thats pretty much it. Oh and also, hows Doombringer for a weapon? I'm just not a big fan of Botd for some reason, so i was looking through my stash, and came across doombringer. The 40% bonus to AR seems nice, and so does the 20% to life. and for now this is just a pvm character, so yea:wave:

2. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Whirlwind speed is calculated based on weapon speed only. You can maximize WW speed by:

A. Choosing a weapon with a fast base speed (0 or less is preferable).

B. Choosing a weapon that has a high IAS mod on it.

Of course, choosing a fast base weapon WITH the IAS mod is best, and putting a shael or 40/15 in it is even better.

Doombringer is not bad to start with but you will find other weapons that are much faster and do better damage.

3. Rawker

Rawker IncGamers Member

Any suggestions for weapons?? i really like using uniques, so as far as i stick to PVM, i wanna use unique weapons. Any suggestions? ( i just dont like using a runeword on a barb, tho i still stick to fort)

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Well for 1-handed weapons, death cleaver, lightsabre/azurewrath, bstar or stormlash would be great. 2-handed I think windhammer and tomb reaver would be best.

You didn't mention what mastery you have chosen, so maybe you haven't chosen one yet.

You should be open to using runewords because they provide the best combination of mods. A Grief Zweihander will have great speed and damage. Beast axes will help your damage and attack rating. Also Ebotd, Doom and Oath are useful in whatever weapon you choose.

I think you'll find the best combination of weapons can be made in axes. You can make a whirlbarb that switches around between beast, doom, ebotd, oath and grief, depending on the situation.

Make 1 barb, use 5 weapons. Its fun.