Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Druid Question..

Discussion in 'Druid' started by DaMNeD, Mar 14, 2004.

1. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

WW Druid Question..

Hey,

Thinking to start a new WW Druid in Bnet (dont know how, if i can) in a few days, just wandering, i've got a:

a WW Druid level 73 (single player this one)

20 lyc, 20 ww, 20fury, 20 oaksage
    warclub "honor" + 2 AR bonus & lifesteal rings + amulet with app. 60 life
    same with boots, gloves and belt (faster hit recovery)
    apprx. 1200 defense Ornate plate + some safety bonuses
    a socketed helm with some life + AR bonus

in total (with oak sage) 3500 life but low resistances

a character like this. Would it do anything good in Bnet? If not, how could i improve it?

Any suggestions would prove quite useful.
    Thnks

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

The Skill setup is good...

The items are weak... but that's an SP/MP issue. You'll find better stuff online to help you out.

Just make sure you keep the Feral Charged, and have at it. i'd say try and get a Weapon switch for Elemental Attackers and/or Pi's. You want to be able to eliminate them too. Tiamat's rebuke is a nice shield for that purpose. (+Res, +Elemental Damage)

Mercs are valuable contributors too... Consider leveling one.
    A1 is nice for support against PIs.
    A2 is great for the Auras he can provide. (Might, Defiance, Holy Freeze are usually the favorites)
    A3 isn't as good as the others. only the cold one is passable and that's because he freezes. Time is cut short in Hell though.
    A5 is a solid tank... better for a Pally who already has various auras though.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Druid Forum!!! :D :D :D

Yeah you'll definitely find some better rares/uniques/set items on Battle.net, especially if you run into any kind souls who can donate some of their less valuable gear to help you get started. Just remember not to beg! ;)

Good luck!

4. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

i'm just wandering
    at home (SP) i've been playing "players 8" with around %200 MF
    is it any better in Bnet?

5. alainpp66

Well, you can't control the amount of people in the game, so usually it'll be like you're playing between like players 3-5. Often it'll be players 1.

Item finding isn't any better on B.net... but there are just So many people, that it's easier to acquire what you need. Trading runes, and Pgems will get you better gear then you're using. Ex: IK Maul.

6. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

how do you trade in Bnet anyway? I've heard that there are shop kind of buildings (did not really believe but seems logical)
    or is it just simply character trading with another character?
    and the currencies? gold? gem? rune? other items?

7. alainpp66

Simply character trading. Click on them, and if they agree to open a Trade Window, you'll go in and you can show each other your items for trade.

Pgems for lower items, Other items can be traded, Runes are the main currency on Ladder.

Off-ladder, it's sadly duped charms and High runes(Jah, Ber, Cham, Zod).

8. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

Thnks for answering all these questions btw.
    Got some more though :)
    Is it the same in Bnet? Playing? Anything other than SP?
    and i've read that there are some world events? What are they? It says "players should be used to a quick and hasty save&exit"
    I have some doubt about playing in Bnet because i need to get an original copy. Does Bnet worth it?
    And about the connection speed? I have 56k Dial-up. Steady 5k connection.
    Do I need a faster connection?
    Lastly, about other players? Beginners? What do they do? I mean it a mid character runs into a high-level character? What happens? And what if you die?
    Thnks again :)

9. alainpp66

Same on B.net... Not exactly. There are more people to play with... you'll have to keep in mind the majority of people behave like jerks just because they can though. That's why it's good you found this forum...

There's 1 World Event, it's the Diablo Clone. He, and only he, can drop the best charm in the game.

I think that little piece of advice "players should be used to a quick and hasty save&exit" is just for Hardcore players and isn't really related to the World Event.... just general Game play.

Hard for me to say about connection speed, I'd think it's good but I have a Cable connection... (Even though it seems at times it drops much lower than 5k)

Beginners will be at a disadvantage. You don't have the items others take for granted. Start by collecting Perfect Gems and Runes... Then trade those for other items. MF items could serve you well at that time.

Level doesn't mean too much online... Anyone can have a High lvl char and it's almost expected. Just because you're level30, doesn't mean you'll be killed or helped by every lvl50+ you see. I warn you, either one can happen though.

If you die, you lose gold... In Nm/hell you lose exp too. You just have to retrieve your body then... Others can't pick up your items.

If you leave the game and join one again, your body will be at your feet when you start. You won't be able to regain the exp you lost though. (If you retrieve it from the monsters who killed you, you get Some exp back)

10. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

Diablo Clone? Could you explain some? I really did not get it.
    So it's quite like playing at home with some other characters (jerks) :)
    And about acts? Which act do you play usually for example? And the shopping? Items, for example? Same, or almost the same like SP?
    I got the experience and gold loss part. Same in SP.
    I believe you start with a simple level1 character. What should a level1 char. do? Start slashing & hacking? Or just join a party(if the let you) and wait to level up?
    Thnks again, you're been really helpful..

11. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

The dclone is also called Ãœber Diablo is the big bad mofo that spawns when you sell enough SOJ(abbrevation for stone of jordan if ya didn't know), this only works on the realms though.

He's not really that tough, he only regens really fast and has high resistances to everything. Not so fond memories of having to hit the guy with a spineripper, with my mf sorc!

12. alainpp66

There's a Message that can show up in Hell games if you're lucky. (The World Event) "Diablo Walks the Earth".

This means Diablo Clone will come in as the next Super Unique(Or just Unique?? Haven't met him yet) monster you see.

Shopping is the same as SP... done less often online since it's easier to trade with other players.

Lvl1 Character should start hacking & slashing if you plan on playing the game... If you just want to MF, someone can give you a Rush so you can level. (They basically kill all bosses for you) Once you hit lvl24, do Ancients and then Baal until you find you're strong enough for Nm. Many wait until lvl40.

13. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

What's the difference between a hardcore and a normal char.? I know about the single death thing.. Better drops? Harder monsters? Lower resistances?

And what's so special about this SoJ? If I'm not mistaken, i remember it as an unique amulet?

Any players playing in Hell dif.? It's too hard for my char. for example. A 74 level druid with 3500 hitpoints. I can't handle even "players 1" in Hell.

And a general question:
    A WW druid, around level 75. Average damage shown in char. page is around 1500 (Not high enough i know) and uses level 20 Fury skill. Hit points aprx. 3500, defence rating aprx. 1500. Attack rating around 6000. Mid-level resistances.
    Meets a sorc. They start PvP (i dont know what's it is exactly called)
    Sorc. is around level 80, max 1000 hitpoints, relatively low defense rating (lets say 1000) Mid-level resistances also. Logically the druid should kill the sorc. with a single Fury blow. I mean 5 consecutive hits. Should do 7000 damage min. Sorc has 1000 defence and 1000 hitpoints?
    How does this work? Any explanations would be really useful.
    Thnks :)

14. alainpp66

Nothing else is different. Just single death.

Unique ring. +1 All Skills, solid mana % Boost... not much else. Good for casters. Became currency(Long ago) because of it's value for +Skills and fixed stats. Still a very nice item.

You'll find with team mates and better gear, Hell isn't as hellish.

Logically the Sorc won't let the Druid hit her.... she's quicker just because of teleport.

There are also PvP damage penalties to make things last longer. In pvp, damage is divided by 10.

15. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

doesn't that make sorc. and casters more powerful? a melee char. simply relies on its damage (maybe life) where a sorc. counts on magic.
    but if the damage is divided by 10, then a melee char. is basically nothing?

16. alainpp66

Casters ARE generally more powerful in PvP.... (Especially with inexperienced duelers).

They should both definitely rely on life though....

Casters damage is divided by 10 also, giving a melee char more time to get the hits he needs in...

17. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Actually p v p damage is cut to 17%.

18. DaMNeD

DaMNeD IncGamers Member

could you please tell me the advantages of playing as a caster?

19. alainpp66

Mep, are you being serious?? (Just read Doc's other post so I'm wary of sarcastic comments right now)

Advantage to playing as a caster is usually Range. You can hit them while they can't hit you.

Some can deal massive damage, while others whittle them down... but all keep their distance because when face to face, casters will normally lose.

20. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

All p v p damage (physical, magical, elemental, poison etc. etc.) is cut to 17%. So 100 damage will do 17 damage.

Many believe elemental damage is cut to 25% - don't listen to them as I've yet to see any proof of this.

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin