Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Build around various equipment

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Jinnaka, May 24, 2005.

1. Jinnaka

Jinnaka IncGamers Member

WW Build around various equipment

Okay this is the barb I'm planning on making, please mention anything that you think would improve him, he's a pvm ww barb.

His equipment:
    Arreats Face
    Leviathan
    Highlord's
    Carrion
    Raven Frost
    Gore Riders
    Vampbracers
    T-gods
    Gaurdian Naga
    Doesn't have a second weapon yet.

Merc equipment:
    Eth Rockstopper
    Shaftstop
    No weapon yet

20 WW
    20 Axe Mastery
    20 Shout
    20 BO
    1 Concentrate
    1 Berzerk
    1 Warcry
    1 Iron Skin
    1 NatRes

Will this build work? Is it viable in Hell difficulty? Where should his stats go?

2. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Only problem is the weapon. Remember, your killing speed is pretty much the focal point of pvm since survival is pretty simple with a barb. There are plenty of weapons you could afford with that gear, I would trade for one of them.

An ethereal Oath axe/sword is cheap and you will be satisfied with it's killing speed in Hell.

If you're NL, Kingslayer and Crescent Moon are both cheap runewords that should work fine.

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well there are holes i.e are you planning to dual weild or go axe/shield and have you invested any pts into dex? I would definitely ditch the Guardian Naga and if you have a high ed Buther's Pupil just shael it and upgrade it until u can find/trade for something better like eth Oath small crescent/ettin hehe. A Stormshield is THE shield for barb in hell pvm imo :D That and a verd's takes care of your dr..if you do intend to have a shield that is. For me on melee chars (any) i look for armors that either give +ed, proc mods (cb,ds) or resists and perhaps considering how your economy is a Fort/Duress/Lionheart or even a Rattlecage would be options? If you could land a nice dual leecher/resists/ar rare ring then gloves could be some 10%cb/stats, Steelrends or even LOH for nice demon kills. Also i like 1 pt into Find Item as even with 0 mf its a nice skill for horking socketables @ the pits hehe Lastly look for dmg/leech for merc weapon. An eth 'Honor' warpike is hell viable but even better are eth hone sundan yari upped and eth Obediance r/w in thresher, etc
    I have to say best axe would be eth death cleaver or ebotd zerker - hope i helped :D

4. Jinnaka

Jinnaka IncGamers Member

I plan on duel weilding, so I should look for two butchers pupils? I was wondering, the Levia only has 18DR so should that go on my merc while I where the shaftstop or the other way around?

Oh and my barb is on Ladder

5. batuchka

Well ya buthcer's pupil isbetter than guardian naga and you could choose to save pul runes and level to your 70s in nightmare and get an eth oath axe later :D Hmm shaft has +life on top of dr and could be boosted by BO so ya maybe pass the levi to merc is an idea as well.

6. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

I would rather go Lionhart instead of Shaft/Levi. With Lionhart you get ed, res, str,def, life. And its dirtcheap. Or even a Duressarmor if you got a Um around.

7. Jinnaka

Jinnaka IncGamers Member

How much dex should he have? Remember he plans to be a duel weilder in the future.

8. batuchka

Well Sorcyone has a guide to a dual wielding WW mf axe barb and recommends double eth ettin oaths and dex is left at base value. Makes sense so much more life and if you need dex just use charms or +dex items :D Hmm i also like Lionheart and for WW barbs i like to make it in a medium (not light or heavy) kind or armor like Boneweave and it has style points too :p If you plan to mf then maybe Lionheart/Duress is your levelling armor and upped skullers or tals armor be your mf armor i guess :D

9. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

hmmm.

just becareful in chaos sanc. zerk your way through i suggest. also... you should stick with shaft or levia.. i think dr is crazy important in the later acts. also. have 2 dwarf stars and a t gods so that you can survive in chaos (venom lords) and act5 (souls)

good luck~

10. Jinnaka

Jinnaka IncGamers Member

Well right now my base dex is 70, should I start over? Did I ruin him?

And I have a Bonehew, would that be a good merc weapon?

EDIT: Also I've noticed mana leech may be a problem later on down the road, right now I'm using a Manald Heal but when I hit level 60 I want to use my Carrion Vine

11. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

if your going max block, ya you messed up. if your going duel weild (which i think you are right?) then its survivable.

12. Jinnaka

Jinnaka IncGamers Member

Yes I'm going for duel weilding currently he's level 48, 130 str, 70 dex, 100 vit, 10 nrg without his equipment on.