WW Barbarian

WWbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
WW Barbarian

I am at lvl 47 and I only do bout a hundred damage with my barb.I was wondering if someone could help and tell me a good sword or something because I couldn't kill anything in nightmare, or kill baal easily. (or his minions) My strength is about 130 maybeor around that, so I thought it would help. My barb is a WWbarb, and I use bash as my main attack. My mana runs out after two WW and it sucks. I was looking for somthing that would help my mana out so and suggestions on armour please tell me. One more thing is my armour. Its only 600 and I know people have way better armour and when I tell people they laugh. So I also need some suggestions on what armour is really good, or some socketed items for rune words and what runes go with what cause I have NEVER used runes. Btw i havn't saved any of my points and im not going to see what skills i have points in just that i have 20 sword mastery and 14 WW and 3 natural resistance, 6 battle orders, and some other suff but im not sure on everything. Thx in advance

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
WWbarbarian said:
I am at lvl 47 and I only do bout a hundred damage with my barb.I was wondering if someone could help and tell me a good sword or something because I couldn't kill anything in nightmare, or kill baal easily. (or his minions) My strength is about 130 maybeor around that, so I thought it would help. My barb is a WWbarb, and I use bash as my main attack. My mana runs out after two WW and it sucks. I was looking for somthing that would help my mana out so and suggestions on armour please tell me. One more thing is my armour. Its only 600 and I know people have way better armour and when I tell people they laugh. So I also need some suggestions on what armour is really good, or some socketed items for rune words and what runes go with what cause I have NEVER used runes. Btw i havn't saved any of my points and im not going to see what skills i have points in just that i have 20 sword mastery and 14 WW and 3 natural resistance, 6 battle orders, and some other suff but im not sure on everything. Thx in advance
See my previous post on help on barb building, I go into a lot of equipment. I'm just wondering--are you still using the starter's hatchet? How in the world are you doing so little damage? My barbs break 100 damage I think in the teens. Crescent moon, manald heals, or IK pieces for 10/10 life mana leech is what you need to get for now. Bash isn't a great attack, I'd suggest concentration. Here's what you need to do: a) vastly increase your damage through better equipment--a butchers pupil would be a decent start for axes, bloodletter for sword, b) get mana steal, which, when combined with your improved damage=no more running out of mana when pvm, c) start using ww as your primary attack, with zerk or concentrate as your back up attack when iron maidened or against physical immune creatures. When you have mastery and ww maxed you'll do nice damage, and with the steal you can ww continuously. A ww barb doesnt use bash as his primary attack, he uses ww, naturally.

Also, what realm do you play on, I might be able to help you with gear?

calibansfury
uswest ladder

WWbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
calibansfury said:
See my previous post on help on barb building, I go into a lot of equipment. I'm just wondering--are you still using the starter's hatchet? How in the world are you doing so little damage? My barbs break 100 damage I think in the teens. Crescent moon, manald heals, or IK pieces for 10/10 life mana leech is what you need to get for now. Bash isn't a great attack, I'd suggest concentration. Here's what you need to do: a) vastly increase your damage through better equipment--a butchers pupil would be a decent start for axes, bloodletter for sword, b) get mana steal, which, when combined with your improved damage=no more running out of mana when pvm, c) start using ww as your primary attack, with zerk or concentrate as your back up attack when iron maidened or against physical immune creatures. When you have mastery and ww maxed you'll do nice damage, and with the steal you can ww continuously. A ww barb doesnt use bash as his primary attack, he uses ww, naturally.

Also, what realm do you play on, I might be able to help you with gear?

calibansfury
uswest ladder

I'm in the useast realm so I don't you would be able to help me.

WWbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
another thing is no im not using the base axe. I am using something else but its a sword and it does like 30/60 or somethingplus the bonus I get from sword mastery, it does bout 100/250 maybe.

WWbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I finally ot some decent stuff and now im doing 400 somthing to 800 somthing so its getting better.I have IK helm to but im not sure how lond till I change. I also got ali baba and I was wondering if it was any good. I like it because of its magic find ability but i dont know if it is a keeper or not so I thought I would ask.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
If mana leech is a problem and u have no other sources of mana leech consider:

1) Silks Of The Victor Ancient Armor
2) Manaheal ring
3) Angelic ring+ammy (damage taken to mana and AR)
4) Stealskull Casque (dual leech)
5) Wilhelm pride set belt (dual leech)

Alibaba is a keeper as there are many builds employing them on switch to magic find. A pair of echoing swords (+3 warcries) boosts your BO/Shout a bit so they would be better :D I agree with maxed BO/Shout these acts as synergies for Conc/Zerk (with a point) and in the event your mana bulb is not enuff to support WW then these attacks, depending on situation would be an option. Good low/mid lvl swords would be a pair of Bloodletter Gladius as they boost sword mastery and WW by a bit. For swords in PvM a target of an ethereal oath in elite sword is realistic for players who couldn't afford ebotd, etc. Cheers :D

WWbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish I could remember the name of the sword i have right now or even what it does but all I know is that it was better then anything I havve had so far. The armour I have is a set item for like heavenly somthing,but its just the body armour. I like it cause it haas 600 defence and an added 600 defence so its really good for a total of 1200 defence from one armour( I think anyways). I was also wondering if it was better to have a sheild and sword, two swords, or one good two handed sword whitch is what I have right now. thanks in advance again.

I just made my WW barb, and I tell you... I pretty much SUCKED so badly until level 76 when I got to use Immortal King full set. I felt like a Javazon waiting to get to level 30 for Lightning Fury, only it was until level 76.

Looking back now I think I could have solved this by adding mana and life leech, since I had almost 0. :p But now it's good. I'm practically never dieing and this is my favorite character ever, even funner than my DT Assa! ^_^ Go IK Whirlwind Barbs!