Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by SebOlsson, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SebOlsson

SebOlsson IncGamers Member

WW Barb

After I'm done with my MF Blizzer (right now Chaos Sanctuary Hell) I'm really in love with the idea of making a WW Barb with dual Lightsabers. But I'm afraid te damage won't be enough in Hell..

Is it possible to it anyway if you stack up with CB, DS and OW?

I'm thinking of something like this for equipment:
    Dual Lightsabers
    Duress RW Ornate Plate
    Guillames Face
    Up'ed Gore Rider's
    IK belt and gloves
    Highlord's Wrath
    Ravenfrost/Rare ring
    Reaper's on switch for PI's

Thankful for answers

-Seb

2. TitanKid

TitanKid IncGamers Member

Re: WW Barb

If your going to go with dual weapons it needs to be either Ebotd CB, or Zerker Axe. Lightsaber simply will not do enough damage and they don't give you all the mods that a Botd does. And the all important life steal.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Dual Lightsabres would've been great in .09 for survival, but Whirlwind was different then and it would've been pointless to dual-wield the same weapon without things like skills or absorb. It would've made you immune to lightning, but I think losing the ability to block would've gotten you killed. Even now two different weapons still holds more advantages, so I recommend against it, as well.

4. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Okay. Lightsabres can work! First, everyone's gonna tell you that Lightsabres are easily beaten by a lot of the more powerful runewords in terms of damage. If you're okay with that then, let's get to it!

You won't be outdamaging the bigger weaponry, but you've already found the way around that - stacking CB/DS/and a little Open Wounds. CB should be the first thing you look for, DS is fine if it comes on gear, but doubling our little damage isn't that substantial in this case.

Armor - Duress is awesome. ED/CB/OW, some resists, and a bit of cold damage. I'd save the ornate for something else. I'd much rather stuff the runes into a Dusk/Wirefleece/Archon just because I hate the Faster Run/Walk that's tagged onto the heavier armors.

Boots - Non-upgraded Gore Riders work great. You don't need the extra strength, so no need to upgrade the boots. Also take a look at Goblin Toe boots. You miss out on a little DS, but gain some hefty CB instead.

Belt - Gloves - I'd drop the IK stuff. String of Ears + Soul Drainers is nice. Or String with some nice Blood crafted Gloves. Or Venom Grips work.

Amulet - Highlord's works. Personally, I'd go with a Metalgrid if possible. Huge AR and some resists. If we can't hit anything then our CB isn't going to do too much.

Reaper's Toll - Give this to your Nightmare Act 2 Offensive mercenary. He'll break PI monsters. Also you might set him up with a Guillaume's face and whatever armor you want. This gives him some nice kick.

I'm generally not one to advocate the usage of high runes, but with a setup like this and some more powerful weapons in hand you'd do some serious damage.

That's my .03 cents.

5. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

What are you talking about, what advantages lol?