Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Barb

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SebOlsson, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SebOlsson

SebOlsson IncGamers Member

WW Barb

After I'm done with my MF Blizzer (right now Chaos Sanctuary Hell) I'm really in love with the idea of making a WW Barb with dual Lightsabers. But I'm afraid te damage won't be enough in Hell..

Is it possible to it anyway if you stack up with CB, DS and OW?

I'm thinking of something like this for equipment:
    Dual Lightsabers
    Duress RW Ornate Plate
    Guillames Face
    Up'ed Gore Rider's
    IK belt and gloves
    Highlord's Wrath
    Ravenfrost/Rare ring
    Reaper's on switch for PI's

Thankful for answers

-Seb

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. Skinnyy

Skinnyy IncGamers Member

Re: WW Barb

I've not really ever used a lightsabre, maybe it won't be the fastest killer, but it should be very doable.

I would swap boots for goblin toe. FRW makes you move across the screen faster when whirlwinding, resulting in less hits, so you want as little as possible. For that reason I would also take off the ravenfrost, you want to be chilled to slow you down even more for ww. Don't put any points in increased stamina/speed either. You will be really slow walking between targets, but it will make up for it when it comes time to kill.

Only speed on your weapons will increase your attack speed when whirling, so no need for speed on gloves. Soul Drainers (dual leech) are the top choice there. Then you could also change out your belt for something like SoE or Verdungos. For the helm you could consider Arreats if you really need resists, otherwise you could swap out your highlords for something with resists (the speed on Highlords does nothing, so you are really only getting the DS, so if you need resists I would get them here before swapping out Guillames).

Stick the reapers on a might merc. That will increase your damage all the time. And if you happen to meet an unbreakable PI, i guess the lit damage on your sabres will take it down eventually. Other wise you could consider a point in Berserk.

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Does having FRW really matter so much? Ok, you whirl through your opponents faster and hitting less, but you can start the next whirl earlier. Well, you spend more mana this way but other than that, both options work the same when you whirl back and forth inside a pack of monsters. Also, I feel it is nice to have FRW vs. mana burn. Whirling through the pack fast leaves them less time to hit you, which is good. IMHO mana burn is very annoying for melee characters, who use skills with high mana cost. Also, sometimes whirling is not a good idea (IM, unbreakable PI). Getting chilled while using berserk is not fun at all.

Aaaand...I would hate not having FRW, slow movement is annoying :tongue: My current WW barb has 30 FRW on boots and points in Increased Speed. I haven't regretted my decision one bit.

I wouldn't throw away a Raven Frost either. Getting slowed isn't important IMHO, and all the mods on RF are great for a melee character.

Soul Drainers are nice. LoH too. I chose blood crafts myself, for CB and dual leech. I prefer SoE over Verdungo's, often for a PvM character the only real difference between them is extra life vs extra life leech. I think it is better to refill the red bulb more effectively than to have little bit of extra in it. Of course, Verdungo's is better if you get lots of life leech from some other source.

I try to use Highlord's on my physical damage characters, even when the IAS doesn't help them. The DS on it makes a big difference in damage output. No DS or only low DS? Then Highlord's can give your character a ~30% bonus to damage over time. Yes please, gieb. However, I usually give Angelics combo for my WW barbs, otherwise their AR would suck (Raven Frost helps here too, btw).

Always put one point in Berserk, at least for a WW barb. You only need to spend one single skillpoint to get a nice backup attack.

4. Skinnyy

Skinnyy IncGamers Member

I have tried with FRW (increased speed, FRW boots, and Ravenfrost) and without any of those and found I prefer being really slow. When you whirlwind sloooow through a pack I find you are better able to land multiple blows on the same monster, rather than spreading your hits throughout the whole pack. I think that becomes even more important on a lower damage dealing whirlwinder.

But agreeably, mana burners can put you in a bad situation, especially if your whirlwind comes to the stop in the middle of a pack. But if you get mana burned while whirling, at least with a slow whirler you will get in a lot more hits before your whirlwind is over, giving a better chance to refill your blue bulb.