Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Barb Wep Question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by GeorgeCostanza, Mar 23, 2005.

1. GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza IncGamers Member

WW Barb Wep Question

I am in the process of making a WW barb on Ladder, and am wondering if someone could compile a list of elite weapons for usage. I am pretty determined on the maul even though other options might be considered. I've got a friend who does 12K damage with his ETH BOTD Maul. Any Inisght is awesome.

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Welcome and like you i stated on ladder from scratch after returningto the game. Firstly decide on what weapon your barb's gonna use (Swords/Axes/Polearms/Maces) or if he is gonna go 2-handed or wears a sheild. Aim to hit -35 for 1-handers and -60 for 2-handers. If you can afford an ebotd why not go with a colo blade? You could use a shield and its much faster than an ebotd ogre maul which doesn't hit -60 ww by the way :D Also is this barb pvp/pvm or a mf barb?

3. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

If you're going to suggest a colossus blade, why not suggest a berserker axe, as it's far superior in terms of damage, normal attack swing speeds, and requirements. ;)

-Hal

5. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

No no, hype up the colossus blade more. I just found an eth CB and I want its price to be tip-top!

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Eth BotD great poleaxe > Any other eth botd set up

you will be leeching so much life that you won't need a shield

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

...except against unleechables and in pvp ;)

Still, I'd say the damage output is debatable, if you have two powerful 1h weapons that compliment each other well.

-Hal

8. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

I'm making a barb based on that guide, and I'm aiming for a botd great poleaxe. Granted, I dont have a vex or a zod, but eventually I will get them through trading.

There were a couple reason why I decided to go polearms.

-There were a couple builds that used very easy to obtain polearms (Bonehew/Tomb Reaver).
    - Since most people use act 2 mercs, there is no shortage of polearm runewords.
    - Plenty of decent unique polearms or polearm runewords to use if you cant get your hands on the build weapon just yet.

Personally, I disagree with Razgriuz about the looks department. Duel 2H swords look way better than a polearm.

-There are a lot of cheap fun looking runewords out there for swords. A couple that I liked were passion, voice of reason, honor. Even lawbringer and king's grace look great for the price. Non of these runewords costs more than a lem, yet have neat mods that would add many different combinations. For Voice of reason, a perfect roll would have the same ed% against demons as a base botd.

9. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

GeorgeCostanza, plz what ever weapon you pick do not use one like your firends ebotd tmual. All ways make shure the weapon first breaks the last wirlwind last break points then go with damage.

As in ya go with a ebotd greater pole axe it just kicks butt.

Also hal is right 2 good 1 handers do more then 1 big damage 2 hander.

10. batuchka

Hmm assuming this is strictly PvM - GreatPoleaxes have range 5 and its req compared to other elite polerms/spears (like Ghostspears) are really reasonable!

11. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

12. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

I think polearms look sweet personally. I just got to a level where I could use my Bonehew on my WW barb, and I love how he looks.

Tomb Reaver only needs 10% IAS to reach the last WW breakpoint. So "two" 40/15s isn't necessary. I am going to be socketing mine when I get it with a Shael, 39% ED jewel (self-found) and a 35% ed 5 str jewel (traded for it). A 40/15 is sort of a waste in a PvM weapon, isn't it?

13. bloog

bloog IncGamers Member

Double "oath" war spikes is fun too for ww. Easy access to frenzy, too.

14. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Right now my barb is lvl 73, and I am having a weapon decision problem.

I have two polearms to choose from. A Bonehew and an Obedience cryptic axe.

I double sheal'd the bonehew to hit the lwbp, but the obedience has more damage, enchant, crushing blow and all resists and defense. The only thing the bonehew has is prevent monster heal and lwbp.

Stat Info.

Normal:
    Bonehew : 113-590
    Obedience: 155-705, 254 defense.

After calls with fort armor.
    Whirlwind damage: Bonehew: 962-4991. Obedience: 1336-6046.
    Defense: Bonehew: 11267. Obedience: 12624.

So the obedience adds 374 minimum damage, 1055 max damage, and 1357 defense, while bonehew hits the lwbp.

So which is more important? Lwbp or more damage/defense/better mods?

15. batuchka

Hmm ok with my mf barb i had a choice of gf and an eth 'oath' balrog blade and i went with the bb and to this day i did not regret it as hitting lwwp means more hits and hence faster leeching of lose life via damage. Also having read changes in this patch apprently lower r/w gives you more hits when WWing and i have no r/w charms and the only gear that has it is my war travellers and i wish to test it out myself one of these days and wear a boot with no r/w and observe my WW hits :p So basically its not a fact but my opinion : get a weapon that hits lwwp :D Hope i helped