Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW barb needs help dueling summoner necromancer

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by CaimDark, Sep 9, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

WW barb needs help dueling summoner necromancer

Hey guys,
    I have not played for 5 years, until last month, when I decided to try a PvP WWbarb after my friends convinced me to make a new character to play with them (I only played paladins back in the day), even though I know they are no longer the dominant force they once were. I'm now a level 80 WWbarb, which I think became very strong, with very good equipment. My poor foH paladin friend did not stand a chance. However, I was, to my surprise, since necros used to suck back in 1.09, literally destroyed by my level 84 necomancer friend. The boring part is that he always spends a long time gathering monsters between duels, but anyway... the first time he Iron Maidened me, and I killed myself with my WW. Later I realized that I could counter his IM with berserk, though not being able to use WW literally cripples my character. I tried, and the results were a lot better, but when I still couldn't kill him. He just teleports around all the time, and though I also have enigma, I can't keep up because his curses slow me down, and when I do manage to land a solid blow, he quickly gets back to full health with full rejuvenations, and eventually his sea of monsters (which somehow manage to deal a lot of damage to me even with my 50% damage reduction, 74% block rate and over 10000 defense) kill me.

He looks invencible against my barb, but I think my greatest weakness is lack of knowledge. As I said, i have not played in a long time and my current D2 lore is close to zero. So... what can I do to send the Sob back to the burning hells once and for all?:evil:

2. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

use a lifetap wand

lifetap>im+ minnions or simply w8 for the revives to run out or, use tele zerk as this will allow u to hit without getting dmged by IM.

Mind listing all ur barb stats and gear etc? This will help alot more for me ando others to give advice.

3. CaimDark

Oops, my bad. My full dueling gear: Breath of the Dying executioner sword (I'm still trying to find a 6 sockets colossus blade), StormShield (PvM and against certain characters I mostly use BotD two-handed, but put on the shield when the situation calls for it, such as when I tried berserk on him), enigma, Arreat's Face, Highlords, raven frost, bul-kathos, soul drainer, verdungo's hearty cord, immortal king boots (for lack of anything better). The stats when fully equipped:

STR: 249
    DEX: 180
    Vit:402
    Energy:base

full resistances

I tried to teleport and berserk him, but it did not work for the reasons I mentioned above, not to mention that I only have a single point in berserk, while WW is my main skill.

I never played with a necro, and did not even know about lifetap, and I just bought a lifetap +5 wand with 97 charges. It looks very good indeed, I guess that's the first thing I'm going to use on ANY oponent! But can it protect me from the Iron Maiden? He told me his IM stands at 400%. What's the PVP penalty? Even if it's 50%, it's still a hefty 200% damage returned, while the lifetap only gives 50% back. I remember vividly that the first time I confidently WW through his pack of monsters I was dead before I even finished the move...:angry: If I let that happen again, I will be forever shamed before the ancients...:sad2:

4. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

actually they are pretty strong if you ask me
    weapon you should use is grief berserker axe
    life tap wand and leap him out of minion stack then tele on top of him and ww to kill

5. CaimDark

I maxed sword mastery, so anything else is out of the question. I could a grief sword, but why? BotD looks A LOT better.

Won't the 400% Irom Maiden still kill me?

6. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Life tap overcomes Iron Maiden. You'll heal faster than you die.

7. Cope

Cope IncGamers Member

Well first of all tell him not to use full rejuv potions. That isn't much of a duel when one or both of you is using those.

8. CaimDark

Thanks for the tips guys! It worked wonders!! I even stopped using berserk and went back to what I do best: WW. That life tap is king. He never even saw it coming!! :grin: And it gets better: after dying many times, he and my other friend, a level 74 sorceress, teamed up against me... and I won!!!! Many times. I slaughtered them both without dying once!!!! I should have recorded that, it was so beautiful!:cool:
    Speaking of which, can we record duels? How?

That's no longer a problem. He's still using rejuvs, but I only need to land a single WW and they are dead before they even think about hitting the full rejuv button!!

9. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

yeah, just keep enough gold to repair your lifetap wand.

10. ubermoose

ubermoose IncGamers Member

Leap to separate his minions then just berserk the necro. Necros with a lot of minions cant be killed very well with ww as most of the hits hit the summons.

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Revives= gone after a short time.

Lifetap = auto-leech everything.

12. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

Doesn't Howl scatter the summons?

13. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Correct.

Plus it works damn fast with minions in PvP. This is the way I beat most Windies.

Also, hitting your opponent with a single-blow hit that can be interrupted WILL be harder than hitting your opponent with a multi-hit moving attack that cannot be interrupted.

14. CaimDark

Agreed. That's why, when I ran all over the place trying to avoid his minions and berserk him, only to have him teleport away all the time, I lost. After I started using life tap and just WW when I was close enough to him, intead of madly WW through his minions, won. Next time I will try howl, and my life will probably be even easier.

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Heck, you can just provoke the Necro for a while and he will teleport on top of you (he will anyways, as he will think you will WW). Then if you can, leap and zerk to death. I did this with Fortitude.

Just remember that Howl overrides Life Tap.