WW Barb guide?

DistortedRiff

Diabloii.Net Member
WW Barb guide?

I've found some nice gear for a WW barb (or at least I think I have..), but I dont know a thing about them other than maxing WW :embarrass:

Any help would be great

Ifrit18

Banned
20 in "your" mastery
20 Battle Orders
20 Shout
20 Whirlwind

Enough str to use your stuff
Enough dex to use weapon or enough dex for blocking 75%
vitality is your best friend. lots go here
Energy don't even think about it!

Have 2 +3 warcry weapons in each hand and cast battle command, shout, and battle orders for a nice boost to hp and defense.'

Warcry grand charms are always nice. vita small charms are also a bonus too.

Once your top 4 skills are maxed, you can put skill points in increased speed, natural resist, iron skin or maybe "find item."

Equipment:

Swords-Botd etheral weapons such as colossus blade, beserker axe, great poleaxe, ghost spear. These are simply the best.

Shield: Stormshield if you can use.

Armor: Shaftstop, "Stone" armor, "gloom" armor, "enigma" armor

Rings: Ravenfrost and some other ring

Ammy: Highlord's ammy, seraph's hymn are good choices. Maybe even metalgrid if you need resists and att rating.

Gloves: Steelrend or IK gloves

Boots: Gore riders or war travs

Helm: Arreat's face. Simply good.

Charms: Vita small charms, a high end annhil charm, WC grand charms or Combat grand charms.

L_Clan_Dalamar

Diabloii.Net Member
would a doom or a the other new elite, the one with the fire.... do for a ww barb? i play hc and am not that rich. otherwise ill be going with the conc build.

L_Clan_Dalamar

Diabloii.Net Member
here is the rest of my equipment that i can use btw

weapon: doom/flamebellow
armor: guardian angel
shield: gerkes
belt: tg
boots: gore rider
ring one: ll ring with a little res
ring 2: ll ring with a little res
amulet: eldritch
helm: havent found a decent one yet but have an ik helm which ill use
gloves: magnus skin might be a choice or ill go with my good old loh
I am using shield for sure cuz in hc without a shield it is very difficult.

so would this setup be better with conc or ww? i am hoping to achieve high lvls with this char and will probably find new stuff as i go along as i m also planning to do some pit runs. this is hc btw dont forget :) thx to everyone who might answer

tpiercymtv

Diabloii.Net Member
WW is NOT viable for hell. My char is lvl 79 Max master and WW with 250 ar raven plus a whole butt load of ar charms. This baba can't get past Act 2 due to his pitiful 4500 ar. You need like 8k ar to finish hell, and to get that you'll need a dru with HOW and a pally with FAN. Needless to say I'm putting this guy on the shelf and thinking of going for zerk no dex build.

QuickShifter

Diabloii.Net Member
A Ethereal Hone Sundan does ok

tpiercymtv said:
WW is NOT viable for hell. My char is lvl 79 Max master and WW with 250 ar raven plus a whole butt load of ar charms. This baba can't get past Act 2 due to his pitiful 4500 ar. You need like 8k ar to finish hell, and to get that you'll need a dru with HOW and a pally with FAN. Needless to say I'm putting this guy on the shelf and thinking of going for zerk no dex build.
In my experience WW -barbs are quite viable. I used an Upgraded ethereal Hone sundan and did fine. The only places that gave me trouble was the worldstone keep with the gloams and the Oblivion Knight casting iron maiden.
I noticed that my barb picked up speed after lvl 80, another thing is to get a might merc with a good weapon and high defense armor. My might merc only died to Iron Maiden or when I died.

That being said yes WW-barbs have it alot tougher in 1.10 but i think that apllies to all meele styles.

A bit of topic but has anyone tried a maxed Howl in places like Worldstone keep and the pit? My ideas is it may be a good way to separate the champions from the minions while giving the safety to equip alot more MF.
IF a barb can combine safety with alot of MF it should be a very good killer in 1 player games since "Find Item" virtually lets you kill every monsters twice.