Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Barb Guide. Short

Discussion in 'PvP' started by dumbpig, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

WW Barb Guide. Short

How to make Beat All Character without Too Much Fancy Wiggling:

Str: 40, + more if your anni is less than 20
    Dex: 40, + more if your anni is less than 20
    Vit: Lots
    Energy: 10

Skills:
    1 bash
    1 conc
    1 stun
    1 zerk
    1 leap attack
    14 leap
    20 ww
    20 ax mastery
    1 inc stamin
    7 inc speed
    1 iron skin
    1 nat res + more if level more
    1 howl
    10 shout + more if level more
    20 battle order
    1 battle command

Main Gear:

Arreat Face 40/15 ias
    Breast Plate Enigma
    Imp Shank Boot
    2x raven frost
    Arachnid Mesh
    Dracul Glove
    Grief Zerker
    Beast Zerker
    Highlord Wrath
    2x Heart of Oak (switch)
    39x 3/20/20
    1 anni

Side Gear:

2x Eagle Turn Rings
    Demon limb
    Vergundo Belt
    Gore Riders
    Crown of Ages (BerBer)
    Widow Maker (hel) *if your a pussy =)

Get it to 90+ to hit consistently and have good life and everything, max shout last.

How to Duel:

VS Blizz Sorc

Wear 2x Raven Frosts. Teleport to the sides and whirl long, blizz sorc have bad health no eshield, 2 good whirls and they're dead. Leap up and down to deter ice blast spamming or namelocks. Short whirl to death quickly if you have good enough gear to tank.

VS Fire/Lightning Sorc

Wear 2x Eagle Turns. Against No-Eshield, Leap up and down to deter aggression and chase and short whirl, chase circularly, so you dont get hit by spamming. Against Good Eshield Sorc, After hitting once leap away and wait a few seconds then attack again. Repeat 2 or 3 times and they're dead.

VS Wind Druid

Wear CoA. Against Regular windy, tele on top and short whirl to death, or wait for them to attack and short whirl to death. For high block high life defensive spamming windy, always tele behind or to the sides of them in no more than 1 or 2 motions, start short whirls. For extremely defensive windy, predict teleporting motion and perform long whirls in that area.

VS Bow Zon

Wear CoA. Teleport as little as possible as soon as you seen an attack, tele and short whirl. Against nonstop run zons, tele and long whirl in the direction of their running. If you are chased by alot of GA, whirl behind a rock or tree, or leap behind there. Dont try to tele it.

VS Charged Strike Zon

Wear Imp Shanks. Short whirl and spam mana potions.

VS Whirlwind Assasin

Wear Coa and Antidote pot prebuff if they are extremely good. Whirl and kill.

VS Trap Assasin

Wear eagle turns and gore riders. Exhaust the traps so assasin starts recasting traps. Attack while he is recasting and never when you have stun swirls over your head, start short whirls. If he runs away and there are few traps, continue chasing with whirl, tele, and short whirl. If he runs away and there are many traps and he spams mind blast, short whirl or leap slowly away, turning slightly each time, until you are either far away or behind some rocks. Repeat until dead.

VS Hammer Paladin

Use Demon limb enchant and wear Gore Riders and Raven Frosts. If he has a hammer field already up, leap two or three times to shift him around and teleport to lower left corner and whirl long straight up. If he has just started creating hammer field, triangle whirl clockwise until dead. If he charges, always teleport 1 screen ahead of where he's heading and perform long whirls in random directions, and do not follow him into hammer fields. The best time to attack is when he has reached a new location and has begun to cast hammers; teleport to lower left corner and either begin short whirls or whirl straight upwards. If you suck, use widow maker.

VS Smite Paladin

Wear CoA and vergundo belt. whirl as far as possible from the paladin as possible while still hitting. if he chases then whirl away. if you get life tapped wait for it to wear off. If you are a pussy use widow maker.

VS Foh Paladin

Wear Imp Shank and Eagle turns, use demon limb enchant. Teleport on top and begin short whirls. Against high damage foher, hide behind rock, tree, corner, or house until he comes near but green aura is not on. Teleport then, and begin short whirls. If you cannot tank him, Stay far away, attack suddenly, short whirl 2 or 3 times, then teleport away.

VS Barbarian

Wear Coa and vergundo belt and Whirl and Drink Potions. If you want to win against a BvB build, use widow maker and teleport.

VS Poison Necromancer

Leap up and down until poison necro has come near and been knocked back. Teleport though the poison nova and begin short whirls. Antidote potion prebuff if necesary.

VS Bone Necromancer

Wear 2x eagle turn rings and gore riders. Attack only when there are no spirits visibly following you. Begin short whirls. If there are spirits following you and you are mid whirl, run for half a second before attempting to tele. Better yet, start leaping. Bone spirits cannot hurt you even if they hit you, while leaping nonstop. If Necro is far away and you are not attacking, leap in place. when you see knock back animation, namelock and teleport. Use corner and rocks to get rid of bone spirits and invisible bone spirit. To escape from many spirits, start leaping. This stops the necro from chasing as well as makes you immune to bone spirit. Attack as soon as no spirits are following you.

VS Public Game

Wear CoA, 2x Raven Frost, and Imp Shanks as default. This gives you protection vs every element and type of damage; you will not die to blizz, arrows, or fire instantly; however your damage will suck. Then replace pieces with arreats, gores, and eagle turns if the respective dangers are not present; i.e. no blizz sorc, dont need ravens; no physical damage, dont need coa.

General Things to Know

Always leap in place, the goal is to create a knockback field.
    Always combine running with teleporting since running doesnt make you pause.
    Whirlwind Desyncs more and more the longer it gets, so you can hit things you normally wouldnt think you'd hit.
    Always play offensively, even against hammerdin, since correctly done it is stronger than running away and teleporting back.

If someone is giving you a hard time because of too much -Resist, then you can use two um-runed wizardspikes combined with resist stacking fcr rings and thaw/antidote pots as fit, giving you well over 350% of any resist you might require as well as 8 frame cast and unlimited mana. The method for using open wounds only damage is to touch 3-5 times until their health is gone, then perform one short whirl. I have never found this to be necesary to beat anyone, but if they give you a hard time and you just want to win, this is how to beat any elemental damage caster easily without using absorb.

You will beat everyone you come across. Nothing will win in a 1v1 and only more than 3 or 4 people at once will have a chance against you in public game. If you lose, its cause you played badly and didnt follow the instructions. The hardest duel is High block marrow-bugged necromancer with max block, DR, and wizardspike gloves. However, proper using of leap to delete bone spirits and possessing a high quality Grief Weapon will cause those to lose as well.

Dont ask why there isn't something included in here, it probably is already. Or you didnt look hard enough.

2. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

why 40/ias in arreats :cheesy:

besides the dupes :rolleyes: ....

-jordy :king:
    -----------------
    nvm, i guess its for widow :lol:

3. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

Do you really need hotos on switch instead of just +3 bo weapons?

What are the stats on those duped rings/boots so people know what stats to aim for if they dont want to use dupes (most people on this forum i imagine). Also as far as i know all dupes are on non ladder only but grief is ladder only.

Isnt it an option to use less or even no points in increased speed or heavy armours to get more hits when you ww through people?

What about angelics for fighting high defense characters?

4. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

Also when a pally is charging away you can still name lock them. Even if they are desynching badly a name lock tele ww willl still hit them about half the time you just have to ww in the right direction.

5. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

Your bonenecro strategy is misguided. Like Windy's, u have to play is aggressive. Get in their face, don't give em time to get setup or think. (don't be BM and jump them, I just mean be on their ass from the word "go")

I usually get at least 40% fcr from gear, or use a Wiz (duels last longer due to their life, but u can siwtch out the trangs for dracs and still hit the next BP).

My point is u don't want a lot of homing, irresistable damage floating around all the time for you to play the dodge game. FCR, tele-ww them. If they stay only semi-mobile, go for the spiral run and let their spirits chase u....then tele ww em and run off.

Running is superior to tele for dodging spirits, if they aren't major fcr necros who tele like total nutters, stay on the ground most of the time and use ur head. If they do tele like nutters, u don't want to be leaping in one space so they can get a lucky bonespell of on you for awhile...tele like a nutter too, guess their moves, all you need is 1-2 wws and u own em.

6. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

finally a pro guide from a bvc barb player
    be careful though this forum has a lot of haters that cry about duped items so they might close this thread

7. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

read my section on boner again. and then, if you dont agree, ill introduce u to real boners and then you can read my guide again and follow it.

---------------------------------

stats on fcr rings: 10 fcr 31 life 71 life 15 all res
    stats on imp shank: 20 fhr 30 frw 18 str 49 lr 35 fr 22 pr

slow-barb build: yea, for a single target on a single whirl slow movement does more damage. however short whirling in triangles compensates for this, and run speed saves your ass against all sorts of stuff like traps and bone spirits and whatnot

if you're using 39 3/20/20, angelics give you about 12 or 14% greater chance to hit than using ravens. if you're using highlords, that gives you about 28% (0.79*34%) more chance of double-damaging. obviously highlords/raven is better in every single circumstance.

--------------------------------

40/15 ias in arreats combined with highlords gives you a 12 frame berserk swing after being golem-slowed, as opposed to a 13 frame one if you didn't have it. I think this is worth more than the 9 str you could have as another mod.

8. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Why does people keep saying "USE THESE ITEMS" and then mention like 3-4 of the duped godly rare items, which are 1) only available on that realms, 2) bloody damn expensive and 3) alot of people go out of their way to avoid using dupes.

Why not suggest something leggit, goddurnit!

Edited out something that didn't matter anyway.

9. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

because i want to piss off dumb purists like you who cant deal with the game.

other than that, this guide was labeled "how to make beat all character", not "how to make a barb that can beat hell fallens with 2 baranar stars because i cant afford botd"

10. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Sweet, make a guide for a build that's only available on one realm, and then insult people who point it out. GJ! A++

11. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

grow eyes please, notice how i listed stats on dupes, all the realms have corresponding versions that only a dumb pvm player trying to flame would not know of.

12. Kamahl

Kamahl IncGamers Member

wow what a waste of forum space lol , your strats are worthless and your gear choices are bleh also lol why even bother writing a guide if it involves you potting to beat a char lol

13. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Well, it seems that you have at least got one thing correct while playing Diablo 2: your ID for this forum.

Go dumb pig.

14. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

gear choice bleh strats worthless lol trying dueling me with any char u want, bring 1 friend too and ill heal every two duels in a 2v1. after i post screenshots of me gambling your gold then you can speak again

*blobs uswest

15. Kamahl

Kamahl IncGamers Member

unless you have east stuff i cant duel you lol (unless frisky lets me use his stuffs oo)

16. semisonic9

I'm east ladder with the barb stuff, feel free to show me the error of my ways. *JoeReid, on tomorrow Im sure.

Even though I'm pretty wealthy, I've been trying to trade for 3/20/20s for awhile. No dice. This happened in my thread too, ppl seem to depend on duped charms...seems like an unsound theory period.

17. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

er i'm getting flashbacks of that ghost guide except this time it's barbarian
    a good guide gone to waste because of 'legit' people :(

18. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

hmm, i have a feeling all of these people attacking my build are the same people that i've been kicking through public games and who have been whining AA, hack, pot, or team... only on the forum they change the wording to "omg 3/20/20", as if not 70% of pubbie necros dont use wiz glove.

If you have a problem with the effectiveness of the build, you can come fight me, if you win more than 20% then you can come brag about how my build sucks. Most likely you will die 10 : 0.

If you have a problem with the equipment, i really can't see why. All of the stuff is droppable, and if i went around using 39 3/19/19 charms, would that make you feel better? in fact that makes wealth even more important, since the duping of 3/20/20 allows everyone to have equal gear, thereby making skill the only differing factor.

Otherwise there would be two garbads owning the realm with perfect legit small charms and all you dumb purists would be kissing his gore riders while simpering and flattering.

Oh yea, in fact i do have a set of legit large charms. When i use them i lose about 100 damage out of 6300 and lose 200 life and gain 300 AR. If you think that with 7800 life instead of 8000 u suddenly can own my build, feel welcome to try.

19. semisonic9

Great....so what about ladder again?

20. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

what about it? u wana go buy yourself some legit charms or wait till ladder ends? or are you expecting me to find out how to hack you a bunch of 3/20/20s into ladder? on ladder you have grief meaning you have more damage than me anyway even thogh i have a 414 botd, fill up on the 20 life scs then. duh..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.