WW Assassin

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
BS can only hit once per second, so they don't hit a lot when you ww through. I guess I'll be using it, but it's only because I can't think of anything else to use.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, yes, it hits one monster only once per second but if you whirl through a lot of monsters you hit a lot of things. It's probably not going to be game breaking but it's not totally worthless either.

barren

Diabloii.Net Member
Is this WW sin pvp or pvm? If it's pvm, I recommend max dtalon to be used with dracul's glove for the lifetap trigger so you can survive really tough mobs, like listers crew. Since you have no defense, you'll need ways of surviving, and dr from fade and claw block won't cut it. Instead of OW, use crushing blow. Claws don't do much damage, but they hit very fast and almost all of them make the last ww break point. Last, but not least, pile on life leech, and make sure you have "hit freezes target" equipment with a freeze merc to cut down on the damage you'll be taking. It's a fun build, very challenging though, but capable of dealing with any situation thanks to use of the blade skills, dtalon, and the entire shadow tree.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
All my chars are HC which makes her being PVP kinda unlikely ;) But no, I can't abuse life tap since I've already made her a trap-hybrid. I expect to use those to deal with iron maiden and extremly tough boss packs.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
I went with pure shadow skill, unless you count blade fury and shield, which I'll use to get through chaos sanctuary (dunno if it's gonna work, still far away from there).

Once you get on full nat's set, there isn't really anywhere to add CB/DS/OW though, I'll see how the pitiful physical/poison damage take me.

midnightvulture

Diabloii.Net Member
Wouldn't a strength runeword in your offhand claw give you some cb? It wouldn't be doing a whole lot of damage, but with decent +skills it might be workable. I've never played a 'sin past normal so I'm just guessing though.....

mv

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Went ahead and cubed 6 Lums, 3 Kos and 4 Guls for the runes to make chaos and made just that in a plain suwayyah:

Chaos
Suwayyah
'FalOhmUm'
One-Hand Damage: 170 to 227
Durability: 21 of 48
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 99
Required Strength: 99
Required Level: 57
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x246806b6
+10 to Strength
+338% Enhanced Damage
Adds 216-471 magic damage
35% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Whirlwind
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+15 Life after each Demon Kill
11% Chance to cast Level 9 Charged Bolt on striking
9% Chance to cast Level 11 Frozen Orb on striking
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Looks good, feels good, tears nightmare a new....... Anyway... :D So far my sin is doing great, ww is tons of fun to use with her. Only downside so far is that if she levels while whirling she gets stuck and I have to save & exit.

Now to pick an off-hand weapon... Hm... I think I'll go with a Shael'd Shadow Killer. Gotta go see if they hit the BP, though.

Thadar

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice claw there NF! I've never been able to get into the assassin in any build, but they always seem like they should be so much fun. Maybe I should try again. =) Keep goin and good luck.

Thad

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I know the assassin is the least popular char ever but you people are really missing out on something. She's very versatile and there are so many great builds. Much more interersting than the boring paladin for example who is always 1h weapon / shield and 2 hotkeys. :lol:

Disco-neck Ted

The Dark Library
Gargamella had some good tips on the subject of avoiding getting stuck while whirling. When he was close to levelling, he'd switch to BF for killing. Then again, he also reported that the reverse was true: starting to whirl too soon after throwing stars would lock him up.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At least you have some respectable traps to fall back on.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Not only that, I seem to get stuck for no reason too. Happened twice so far, had to save and exit every time.

Shaeled SK should hit the point though, I think the breakpoint is -13, so any claw with a shael can hit it.

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Well, I know the assassin is the least popular char ever but you people are really missing out on something. She's very versatile and there are so many great builds. Much more interersting than the boring paladin for example who is always 1h weapon / shield and 2 hotkeys. :lol:
I've always wondered how people do that. Even with the pally, I have at least 8 hotkeys :lol: Of course with the assy, I have at least 12.

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
Gogo Nightfish.

I was thinking Firelizards for the fire damage as an offhand, but SK gives a little freeze target. Hmm. a +2 Jade talon may be nice for your off hand. Here's a couple I like....

Plague Song
War Fist
One-Hand Damage: 92 to 112
Durability: 36 of 64
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 51
Claw Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xd928a0a2
+5 to Strength
+111% Enhanced Damage
+103 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Blade Fury (Assassin Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking

Brimstone Claw
Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 92 to 123
Durability: 40 of 48
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 99
Required Strength: 99
Required Level: 44
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x3665de9e
+138% Enhanced Damage
+49 to Attack Rating
Adds 23-74 cold damage over 3 seconds
+50 poison damage over 5 seconds
5% Mana stolen per hit
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking

Sure the damage sucks, but I like amp, unless my merc is using reapers then...

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys. :) So far I've been having good success with the traps. Slvl 32 on LS and DS in trapping gear so that packs quit a punch. Certainly enough to level her without getting stuck. Even though out of 13 levels I've gained since 57 I only remembered to do this 3 times. :lol: I suck :p

Just killed NM baal which means after a couple levels I'll take a peek at hell difficulty to see whether or not she cuts it there. :)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
No CtC triggers on WW. You could try to trigger stuff like that by attacking with a different attack before whirling but that would just take too long to be efficient.

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
No CtC triggers on WW. You could try to trigger stuff like that by attacking with a different attack before whirling but that would just take too long to be efficient.
No CtC with WW? As you can see I don't play barbs...However, DC or Dtalon would be very effective to trigger just as these skills are used to trigger life tap with dracs.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm certainly not going to trigger something with a 5% chance to cast before I start whirling. If I did that I'd never get anywhere. :D I just pop a potion, cast CoS and have at them. Whirl through once or twice, drop a couple Death Sentries if I feel like and GG. No need for lifetap or anything.