WW Assassin

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you sure so many points in Blade Shield is worth it? The damage increase is small. The extra duration could help but you can recast it after each fight

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
No, probably not worth it. At least for the damage. But I'm kinda lazy and I prefer to recast buffs less often. :) I'll be sure to add those points last, of course.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
Full Natalya's gives huge PDR, rez, and +skills. You could wear Angelic Ammy/Rings, Chaos, and some Dracul's for OW, and still get the full set bonuses.

All this talking is making my stashed Ohm excited. I want to see how this WWsin works out.

-GG

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, I'm actually thinking about a nat's set ww sin too, with max CM, SM, Venom and fade, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass in normal/nm without any actual combat skill till chaos though.

Combinations of uniques can probably be much more powerful, but I'd like to use the set at some point, and I hate MA's.

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
crafted gloves? :D I wanted to start a WW assasin a while now.. but finding an Ohm is kind of priority of building one hehe.. your setup looks pretty solid NF allthough I would still recommend a point in SM. However if you actually choose to go without one you'll save quite some points which is also nice.

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
I just found an "acceptable" claw.

Superior Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 42 to 56
Durability: 30 of 48
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 99
Required Strength: 99
Required Level: 44
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xf88e85b4
+9% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
+1 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)
+1 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
Socketed (3: 0 used)

I too was thinking the Nat's set, I have a pair of gloves with +2 MA, 10% CB or 10% CB, 20 IAS.

If I didn't go Nat's set, I think I'd go pure melee. With DS as a support skill I could see

Venom 20
DC 20
Blade Skills 10-15
CM 10
SM 17 with +skills (so around 10,11)
Fade 1+
Prereqs

I wouldn't know what's realistic for HC, as I am of the beserker school of assassins. What's MB? Marrion Barry?!?

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Fafner said:
I too was thinking the Nat's set, I have a pair of gloves with +2 MA, 10% CB or 10% CB, 20 IAS.

I wouldn't know what's realistic for HC, as I am of the beserker school of assassins. What's MB? Marrion Barry?!?
MB is mindblast which IMO is slightly more useful than CoS.

If you're a WW sin, you don't need +MA skills since you're not using any. The ias on gloves doesn't work off claw anyway IIRC so all you need is a good %CB gloves.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
I would make a chaos claw in a non-superior claw without staffmod if I were you though, just so I don't have to fire up my gold finder every night.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, you can just repair it with the cube. That's really not so hard to do. :) That said, I wouldn't make it in a claw with mods I don't need. Like anything except weapon block or Blade shield. If I want to cast venom, fade or traps I'd just switch to 2 bartuc's or something.

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
@sunbearie

I know what MB is, I was just trying to be amusing and self-depreciating. My style of play is a bit suicidal sometimes. I love the you know what out of MB, now that I use it.

In terms of MA skills, my build would not be a trapper and would use the martial arts tree. Of course, I lack one Gul equivalent for said Chaos. When I build it, there will be many variants, and I'm sure the one most people tout is the best. I just want to try stuff out.

@NSX, I have a boatload of Ort runes and Ort equivalents, approaching 100. In fact, the only useful cubing of low runes is to make Ort runes or other crafting needs. But, you're probably right....Alas. I don't know which is harder, finding/cubing the Ohm or finding the claw.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm just too lazy to mule on any ort runes I guess, plus my stash is usually full of big purples and click on repair all is much faster than mule on boatload of ort's. :p

At 4 fpa, the durability goes down FAST.

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Fafner said:
@sunbearie

I know what MB is, I was just trying to be amusing and self-depreciating. My style of play is a bit suicidal sometimes. I love the you know what out of MB, now that I use it.

NSX, I have a boatload of Ort runes and Ort equivalents, approaching 100. In fact, the only useful cubing of low runes is to make Ort runes or other crafting needs. But, you're probably right....Alas. I don't know which is harder, finding/cubing the Ohm or finding the claw.
I guess i slipped into "explain things to nub" mode there :)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll see how it goes with the ort runes. :D If it doesn't work out I can just pause my assassin until some of my other 38 chars are past the hellforge. I'm pretty sure that'll get me another ohm sooner or later.

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
I'll use bladeshield mainly for style points and since I'll be whirling through stuff there'll be lots of contact with monsters so I guess that will actually be useful.
BS should be very useful, since it will let things like OW, freezes target, blinds target, PMH, etc kick in. Even if the damage the blades do is minimal, it's an excellent support skill. Remember that on multiple whirls (I'm assuming you don't really expect Hell baddies to drop after a single pass) you will probably hit different targets is important; you don't want baddie A healing up from your first pass while you're laying the hurt down on baddie B.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, if the things you mentioned worked with blade shield it would be very useful. Unfortunately, that is not the case. :)

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm almost certain that OW and Venom carry over to Blade Shield, but I have no idea about the rest of those mods.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Venom, yes. Open Wounds, don't think so. We'd have to ask thrugg or RTB to be sure but even the WW assassin guide stats that all that works is damage, deadly strike and that' pretty much it. No crushing blow, no open wounds, no nothing. I distinctly remember not using BS because basically nothing worked.

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
The thing about bladeshield I remember from looking trough the guides is that it's range 5 (very usefull while wirling trough a pack) and that it carries venom and OW (and some other stuff but these too). I remember it because venom and OW both are the killers in PvP... So, either I'm messing up now or OW is trasfered by BS :)

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Let's not go back to the old debate in 1.09. BS is useless in 1.09, can't tell if it is any better in 1.10. I remembered I tried in 1.09, and was very dispointed by the way it "works". I remember it can't even hit more than one targets at once, hopefully it is better, but I still won't waste points there. One major problem is the duration. lvl1 skill only last 20 sec. each lvl add 5 sec. That is nothing.