WW Assassin weapon question

Mislan

Diabloii.Net Member
It's been quite a while, but I'm getting back to playing.

My question is regarding using of Fury and Chaos for my WW build. Does it matter which hand (left, right) either specific weapon is in?

Also, is this choice of weaponry still recommended vs going with +1 WW on each weapon?

Thanks in advance,
Mislan

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member
Left (glove-side) claw is primary by default.

Usually, you'd want Fury as primary, due to ITD, -25% target defense, and +20%AR mods, 66%OW (vs 25%), and because it has a bit more IAS (only primary claw's IAS counts for trap-laying)...on the other hand, if she also kicks, the CtC mods on Chaos only trigger if its primary...I don't think the magic damage on Chaos would apply to kicks, but if it does...

However, the +STR on Chaos allows for an automatic WSM-bug: if you make Chaos in a Runic/Greater Talon and equip it right (boot-side) and Fury in a Scissors Suwayyah/Scissors Quhab and equip it left (glove-side), and make sure that you can only equip the slightly heavier scissors claw because of the +STR on Chaos, it will automatically make the boot-side claw primary, resulting in bugged WSM of -45, which means you're already at fastest trap laying speed just from the IAS on Chaos [source]

WoRG

Mislan

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the response, WoRG! I had them equipped in exactly the opposite manner.

Currently in Hell difficulty and she seems to holding her own against most critters. I'm using an Act 2 Defensive merc with Upd Stealskull (IAS jewel), Sharktooth armor (4 x IAS), and Reaper's. Debating on whether on not to try Fortitude and Pride instead. Decrepify is triggering nicely with the IAS (I think).

Currently have maxed Fade, Claw Mastery, Venom and working toward maxing Shadow Master. Leveling has really slowed since she hit clvl 80.

Mislan

Last edited: