Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW assasin vs WWBABA

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MasterAkihabara, Sep 30, 2006.

1. MasterAkihabara

MasterAkihabara IncGamers Member

WW assasin vs WWBABA

i heard that WW assasins are a KICK A** character!!!! and that venom attack that has like small time to do their poison damage! WHOOO!!!! thats just SEXY... but Would a WW assasin do a great job in pvm and against a WW BABA? Lets just say that both characters have perfect gear.. SO WHO WOULD WIN GUYS??"?

2. Smithenator

Smithenator IncGamers Member

er, do you mean pvp? Because neither are that great in pvm

3. fleeflicker

fleeflicker IncGamers Member

A ww barb would own a ww assasin all day long

4. Smithenator

not really, a pure wwsin probably, but my ww/trap beats almost all bvb I come across. Bvc are a pain in the nuts though, very very hard to beat, impossible if they are good.

5. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

lol @ "SO WHO WOULD WIN GUYS??" you are obviously new to wwsins.

wwsins can pvm but are not too fast at it, and you will find the claws break faster than you will find gold to repair them (unless you use suck claws with no automods) Not a good choice for pvm asn if you ask me, but doable if you really want to.

As for dueling barbs, wwbarbs have a huge advantage over wwsins in terms of class matchup. wwsins are more caster killers and a vs all class, they perform very badly against barbs although they can take down other opponents barbs will struggle with. A wwsin can not win unless the barb is really horrible, although a lot of barbs in pub duel games are.

6. Bune

Bune IncGamers Member

My WWsin (2k trap dmg) takes down 90% of barbs, only the ones with fully decked out gear + charms seem to be able to take me down.

7. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

90 % of barbs are trash. I see a pattern here :rolleyes:

8. fleeflicker

fleeflicker IncGamers Member

I was talking about bvc anyways not bvb becuz they are gay...bvc with any skill takes down any hybrid assasin with traps...just go the the assasin forum and read the wwsin trap guide that is on the first page..read what it says about fighting other chars.

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Conclusion: he beats only trash barb?

Just guessing though.:tongue:

10. Smithenator

I have read it, multiple times to see if I missed anything, and did I not say pretty much what it said? BvB are not a big problem, BvC are damn near impossible to kill.

And if you were talking about BvC, then say that, dont make me assume you were talking about 1 type of wwbarbarian. Especially when there are at least an equal amount of both out there.

11. mclarke

mclarke IncGamers Member

i have a ww barb, and i killed all ww assas apart from 1 excedingly expensive (and nice) build, never lost to another, he was hybrid, and he claims hybrid > simple ww, i would put bets on that guy being right, hes tried the assa a few times and his current build is VERY nasty.
    If i was to guess what he used it would be somethin like this:
    Coa (ber ber)
    enigma (i THINK he tele'd cant remember duelled him 2 months back, might have been bramble)
    trangs gloves
    arach/dungo
    gosu fcr str dex ll ml @ res rings (not all of those stats ofc but thats some of the things he would likely to have on em)
    gosu 15+ fcr amu
    gore riders
    chaos + fury claws
    shadow/trap skillers high life
    life/mana + max dmg ar life scs
    anni
    torch
    cta + spirit (think he used spirit wouldnt surprise me if he didnt so he would get less str so more vita)

any noobs can work out stats + skills

12. order

order IncGamers Member

i personally dont find many bvcs to be a challenge. u just have to know the right dueling strategy and know when not to be caught laying a trap or out of a ww animation. there are some with insane amounts of skill and wealth (3/20/20s) that can be pretty nasty tho.

13. lendial

lendial IncGamers Member

pure ww sin lose flat out vs barb.
    hybrid ww flat out loses vs barb unless the barb doesnt sorb.

this is like a druid vs foh matchup, simply not a good idea to try.

14. order

order IncGamers Member

i kill most sorbers anyway. for my build the traps are mainly there for casters, fhr stun, and low res characters anyway. most barbs just dont know how to duel properly against a well equiped hybrid.

a pure sin could win vs barbs fairly easily with specialized gear. i have a antibarb/ pally setup ive wanted to try for a long time, but i would loose my ability to take down most casters so i havent tried it yet.

15. Kabouter

Kabouter IncGamers Member

Any *decent* barb will beat any *decent* wwsin. Unless you are fighting a barb you can outclass (say in items and skill) you will NOT win this fight. Barbarians just have more life, pure damage (sands are enough to decrease a wwsins poison damage), defence (you need AR gear, he doesn't), and if I'm not mistaken: more range.

16. order

order IncGamers Member

many dont take into account sins have useful skills as well. venom (double duration in hell) = 5k+ x 2 on most sins = more raw power than most physical since the only thing that really affects it is -psn duration and if any barb has to use it then w.e not worth my time to duel. sins also have traps ie. stunlock with mb and some decent damage as well, a shadow, clawblock (60%), close or maxed dr from fade allowing a wider range of advanced gear, thorns aura, cloak of shadows.

maybe i should build it just to prove it will tear barbs to pieces.

17. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Mmm?

A BvC has about 1-2k more life.
    More AR
    More defense
    Leap to make your standing at traps useless
    More powerful WW (as Venom can easily be reduced)

I've dueled quite a wide range of ww/trap hybrids. The best one was close to even with me, but still it was ~3-1 to me.

Seriously if you have to whine over something like usage of Andy's Visage, you're quite a sore loser. If you do so, then can I not come and say that you using 50% DR and 60% block is noobish because that reduces my damage to pathetic amounts?

Damagewise, a WWsin might have the upperhand due to high elemental damage, but that's also the flaw, as elemental damage's reduceablity is greater than that of physical damage's.

I do not know how many BvCs actually even bother dueling WWsins, but I think I am one of them. And all of the WWsins so far have been an easy-ish duel.

And no, for some of them, I've NOT out-geared them. But it's a fact that most duelers are overall pretty crappy.

And this "stunlock" is quite useless vs. Barbarians, we have WW and Leap, you know?

There was been like three WWsins I've dueled more than a few times. One who is Finnish, and he used Spirit of Barbs and Bramble versus me, so I had to be careful about not hitting the shadow. Then there's my friend Chris. His WWsin wasn't much of a duel, as it was built on some odd private small leagueish rules, such as that CoA was banned, whereas my BvC was geared with the best possible items (it was on Open). Then there's this one WWsin who was a ww/trap hybrid. He was the hardest of them all, even beating me a few times.

But overall, a good barbarian should never lose to a good WWsin. And by "good" I mean in items, knowledge, gear, connection, in all aspects. WWsins are like littlesisters to WWbarbs. Of course a WW/trap hybrid will have a hell of an easy time versus a BvB, since the Assassin can simply teleport away and abuse traps. As for BvAs, I could guess they would be the hardest duel due to max dr, max block and still high life and damage. BvCs come second with their very high life and DR, but they lack on blocking.

18. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

basically i think Ce Olba is right.

hmm Ce Olba, you are on eu sc nl right? So am I.
    i think i am pretty much unexperienced against barbs, because i dont like to have to prebuff and use ar gear against them; this is too much stress for me when im in ffa games.
    but if you have time, i would like to have some duels against a good barb, just to get the feeling so i can join the discussion.

19. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, there is this one problem: I've not been playing for five months because I simply CAN'T. Something about my PC is freakishly wrong and it won't let me play any games. Meaning I get error messages or the PC simply restarts.

But yes, I am on Europe Softcore Non-Ladder. Current account would be olba[akc], but planning to, if I ever get back to D2, to move to my old account, olba

20. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

hmm ok, btw i heard youre poor, so i might be able to help you out a bit with sc's or w/e ... anyway, if you ever get your comp workin again, pm me please =)