Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wut's up w/ Power Strike?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by 5N4K3, Mar 22, 2004.

1. 5N4K3

5N4K3 IncGamers Member

Wut's up w/ Power Strike?

I've made a pure Javazon.
    20 into all 5 Lightning synergys
    a few in critical strike / jab / pierce

She easly breezes through Hell with LF and CS and the occasion Jab (which is an underestimated skill I think)
    But since I do have all 5 Lit skills maxed I am wondering about Power Strike. It does about 12k dmg right now but I can't hit anything with it!! I have a ton of AR gear / charms and it doesnt help .. mabye its a bug? Anyone know why PS isn't dishing out the damage?

2. EnDrIn-SK

EnDrIn-SK IncGamers Member

u dont need to hit the enemy, the light dmg always hit.. but to do lot of dmg the target must be big (more bolts will hit)... but a question: HOW THE HELL U GOT 12k DMG?? u usin griff eye? wut lvl are ur skills on?

cya

3. 5N4K3

5N4K3 IncGamers Member

Power Strike is lvl 29

Using:
    Uped Eth Titans 193%
    Gaze
    SS w/ 5/5 lit facet
    Enigma
    Tgods
    Cats eye
    Rare +2 java / 3 ml / 10 ias gloves
    Sandstorms
    Anni sc
    (rings vary .. always changing trying to figure wut to wear)

Also have mighty merc that boosts ed

After all of that I have 1K-12K on power strike ... actually I think its close to 13K. And with about 7 java skill gc's could be .... I dunno .. 15k-17k mabye

4. EnDrIn-SK

oh no... i got confused.. i thought it were charged strike... as the guide on the forum sais the dmg on power strike is charmin but the way it atack sux... if u have a 12k power strike u should have a 5k cs... it will give sumfin like 8-10 bolts (not sure) and if them all hit thats about to 40k to 50k max dmg! much better no?? :thumbsup:

Just remembered: Another thing why charged strike is much better! it doesnt need to hit the oponent so no ar is needed and u dont have to waste pts on penetrate and stuff (the lightnin bolts are unleashed when u strike).... so if i would be u i would start usin just charged, lightning and lighnin fury :thumbsup:

5. 5N4K3

5N4K3 IncGamers Member

Yeah Charged Strike and Lightning Fury are all I use .. I have no need for any of the other skills. (other than Jab on Lit Immunes)

Power Strike is just a synergy, but seeing how it is doing 16k dmg now .. I was wondering why it wasn't just destroying monsters. I don't ever use it tho .. just wondering.

Charged Strike does about 4.5k w/ 9 bolts ... pretty nice

(btw I now have a good bit of poison dmg on .. so figures are off a lil now)

thx for help :)

6. EnDrIn-SK

no problem :thumbsup:

as i have seen ur zon uses enigma... is she an mfer (pit dunno) or she was made for pvp??

cya

7. 5N4K3

5N4K3 IncGamers Member

I mainly built her just for the fun of it. But she destroys everything so fast that now she is my main char that I play. Yes I went from mfing w/ my sorc to my zon. Kills a lot faster .. not as high mf .. but I dont care. Does it all .. mf / hell rush / dclone / tele / runs fast / destroys cows (for finding crafting items) / and althogh I dont duel I could prob get her set up to be pretty good at it. Killed a lvl 87 sorc w/ 1 Charged strike hit .. and then again w/ 2 or 3 lit fury. But then again thats a sorc ... I'll have to mess around /w that if I plan on dueling.

8. 5N4K3

5N4K3 IncGamers Member

btw .. why the pit? I do Pindle, Andy, and the chick that drops runes (countess?)
    Andy is by far the best at dropping for me. Got a HOZ in 10 runs.

9. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

The pit can drop any item in the game and its a lot easier to find than Andy. Just go to the outer coister(sp?) waypoint and follow the beaten path.

10. 5N4K3

5N4K3 IncGamers Member

Black Marsh wp

Are you sure the pit monsters can drop any item in the game?

I've found 2 x HOZ and 3 x Tals ammy in about a month (among other lesser things)

I dont think I'll be going away from andy for awhile :)

11. EnDrIn-SK

outer cloyster snake, bcus its very near to gate and gate is very near of the pit :thumbsup: and yes, the pit can drop every iten in the game, andy can't drop lvl 80+ itens i guess =P
    only problem of the pit is havin to clean it all :lol: but andy is fine.

12. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I used PS and LS with my Javazon, I noticed the same problem, awesome damage with PS but I had trouble hitting, I was dissapointed.