Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wuts the best bow for strafezon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by theone37, Feb 28, 2004.

1. theone37

theone37 IncGamers Member

wuts the best bow for strafezon

im making a strafezon with freezing arrow as the other skill. I would like to know wut is the best bow for this build. Im guessing lycanders or goldstike. which one is better between them. also, is there any other bow thats good that im missing. not including wf because thats too expensive for me. your suggestions would mean a lot. thx

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well lyc is great and upgraded it can pack some punch.

the whole mav set is good to but that might be to expencive for you i have no clue of what you have or can afford.

but of the 2 bows you listed i would go with lyc. +4 to all bow skills arent bad

3. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Upped witchwild?

amp, deadly strike, resist... I'm really considering this bow for my strafer...

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

upgrade buriza?

I was just taking another look at this bow, and I know I'm a zon noob but I'm thinking of upgrading this for my FA/strafe zon than WF. Let's see Buriza's stats:

Two-Hand Damage: (82-99) To (139-412) (110.5-255.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 41
    Required Strength: 110
    Required Dexterity: 80
    Base Weapon Speed: [10]
    +150-200% Enhanced Damage(varies)
    + (2.5 Per Character Level) 2-247 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
    Adds 32-196 Cold Damage - 8 Second Duration
    Piercing Attack (100)
    Freezes Target +3
    +75-150 Defense(varies)
    +35 to Dexterity
    80% Increased Attack Speed

Pro vs WF:

1) super fast - 60% more ias than WF.
    2) 100% pierce
    3) extra cold dmg and duration for frozen arrow.
    4) 30 more dex.

Con vs WF:

1) No mana steal
    2) No knockback
    3) Less ED (WF has 250%, this has upto 200%)

Not sure what a buriza's damage would be after an upgrade...

So what do ppl think?

5. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

I believe Xbows have a cap on Attack rate thats much lower than bows... so WF is faster than Buriza in the end. I may be wrong though.

6. mjagger

mjagger IncGamers Member

Just keep in mind if you upgrade buriza the str req would be 163

7. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Goldstrike is better then Lysander's Aim. Damage to Demons, Damage to Undead, 150% Bonus attack rating, 50% IAS >>>>> +20 to dexterity, 20% Enhanced Defense, 20% IAS and 8% mana leech.

EDIT: On a side note, I personally hate Xbows for strafe. But, to balance out the game I've always though that Strafe should've been used only with an Xbow, while Multishot only works with regular bows. It makes a lot of sense. Xbows are "mechanical" and you can theoretically have them hold extra arrows and fire them in succession like ammo in a gun. With a regular bow you can hold multiple arrows together and fire them all at once, giving you a spread-out pattern of multishot.

Plus, it makes the otherwise Xbow class of weapons less useless [Esp. the Demon Crossbows]. :)

8. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Actually, no.. it doesn't make sense... even crossbow's fire one at a time.. two maybe... but three is not possible. I'm pretty sure of that.

Anyways, Alll crossbow's are slower then bows in d2 generally =D except maybe for the Chu Ko Nu and the demon crossbow. Even with the ias on buriza, you'll still fire slower than a WF zon.

9. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The fastest X-Bow can only reach a 11 / 3 strafe and Burizo can only easilly reach 13 / 3.5 or 12 / 3.5 whereas Windforce and most Bows can reach a 9 / 2 strafe without much trouble. Good X-bows are slower but usually more damaging and have peirce and other mods not found on Bows.

The choice between Lycanders and Goldstrike depends on how much you want to use FA with the Strafe. Lycanders gives +4 to bow skills and that makes FA a lot more damaging, while GS is basically faster (easier to get a faster strafe) and the extra damage to demons and undead helps a lot for strafing. So decide between Strafe with some use of FA (then choose GS)and using Strafe and FA fairly equally in which case it's Lycanders.

Overall, I'd say it also depends on the mods on the bows themselves. I've found 3 Lycanders on the ladder so far and all have a low %ED (below 165) while the 3 GS I've found have all been good with the best being 248%ED and with 177%ED to Demons. So the decision between them and which to upgrade was obvious for me.

10. Nair

Nair IncGamers Member

I second that

Witchwild is definitely a good bow

saves all your points in critical strike
    free lv20 magic arrow for immune
    together with amp makes your damage time 4!!

11. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

You sure witchwild grants level 20 magic arrow? lol... I didnt know that... is it based on character level? lol

12. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

no andrew the wws level 20 MA is not based on char level.

from the sec you equip it you have a skill level 20 MA

i dont known if you get the level 20 ma ar bonus but that would be very sweet as its

+181% ar at that level

13. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Okay, just checked Arreat Summit, yup =D level 20.

14. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

All xbows are way slower than bows cause of their inherent speed. No amount of ias will make them faster than a bow. That is buriza's only flaw, its slow speed. However, it's damage and other awesome mods generally make up for its speed. A 3.5 strafe isn't too bad. As for deciding between lyc and GSA, my FA/strafe zon uses both. GSA for strafe and when I FA, I just switch to my lyc. BTW, if you are planning on doing primarily pit runs, FA is useless, virtually everything is CI in the pit.

15. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

It makes a hell of a lot more sense then an amazon firing an arrow, reloading it at the speed of light and firing 9 others in a row.

16. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

It's magic!

It's magic ppl. Of course, it would be cool (and weird) if the zon can set up a machine gun nest :D