Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wutangs hammerdin guide

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by WuTangClan, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WuTangClan

WuTangClan Diabloii.Net Member

Wutangs hammerdin guide

*^-The Hammerdin-^*

Stats:

Strength: 120 for a nice nigma
    Dexterity:add about 20 points for Defence
    Vitality:The rest Life is so important on a hammerdin
    Energy:This is ur other important stat i suggest for every lvl add 2 Energy & 3 Vit

Skills:
    Max These In Order
    Blessed Hammer
    Concintration
    Blessed Aim
    Vigor
    Holysheild: The rest after u max ^

Equipment:

Helm-Shako
    Ammy-Maras(Res makes it better than nething)
    Armour-Nigma (the key to a beast) Uped magi for poor people.
    Weapon-Hoto (nice try and get a good 1 high res) Wizardspike (this is nice too)
    Sheild-Zak
    Gloves-Magefist
    Boots-Waterwalks or somthing else u can find with nice res and castrate mana
    Belt-Tgods (so good for absorb id use it) Arachnid(do i need to compliment) String (nice Damage Reduction)
    Rings- 2 Dwarfstar (mabey 1 raven and 1 dwarfstar id use 2 see below)

Pros

Good tanks
    Can teleport like sorces with nigma and cast rate
    Great def with holysheild
    Life (if you do what i said)
    Ability to solo( i have yet to see a hammer immune hehe)
    Fast killers

Cons
    Kinda hard to kill stuff in small places(like durance)
    Thats it realy

Strategy:

Ok, this is a great strategy for being able to solo and in my opinion if u want to be the best hammerdin. All u need is absorb. Hint you realy dont need to do so much more damage with plus skills absorb and cast rate is ur main priority.

To make up for the loss of having the 2 Dwarfstars instead of sojs simply get a few combat grandcharms. And use Thundergods belt for gods sake you will still be able to hit 10k and beast diablo in under 5 seconds. All that absorb will let you go through the Chaos Sanctuary without getting hurt. You will only loose little life due to ur Holysheild and the points into Vitality and when u get hit by venom lords or any spellcaster in the sancuary there spells will heal you due to your great absorb and restances.

This is the best possible build for a hammerdin in diablo 2 lod 1.10. I have only died one time due to lag while doing a solo baal run it was 1 of 50 so dont bust my chops dog. But my all time favorite place of course is chaos sanctuary because of how much my char owns it how much it is, the experiance and the great drops. I can garentee you 100 percent unless u lag very bad that this will be your best character you have made.

My Hammerdin was doing solo baal and chaos runs at lv 80 now im lv 89 and still doing it all the experiance was solo basically.

The true purpose in this guide is to show you that Absorb is very important and you will be able to solo if you follow the guide. Hope you enjoy

your friend

Wutang

2. koeraokse

koeraokse Diabloii.Net Member

there are already 3 hammerdin guides and this one isnt very good one I'd say, very high str and energy and very low vitality and dexterity. And there are only one equipment choise, but where are other options?

I think that people should like look what guides we have before writing a new one and if they do they should have suggestions for other equipment and maybe a different skill choises, maybe someone (like me) want to have a higher defense and block and max holy shield before some synergy...

:cheesy:
    *priit

3. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

Welcome to the forum WuTangClan. Here's our Guide Thread

Forum rules thread.

I think those are pretty much out dated. Besides a few.

:evil: Nice seeing a new member with the gusts to post a Guide as his/her first post.

I'd like to see new Guides (NL) & (L).

Members give the member your advice on the Guide. :drink:

4. WuTangClan

this guide may seem like a regular guide for hammerdins. But listen i tried just about every kinda of char and got it to around 80 plus and this is the char that i found to work regular hamerdins with no absorb dont last solo the point is you need absorb so i think if you looked close at my guide you would find that its not just like other guide this is a perfect hammerdin stats and all itried it all your wrong lol

5. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

My hammerdin doesn't use absorb and he kills everything in an 8 player game with no need for absorb...

They are death before they hit me.

Bert

6. WuTangClan

if you dont have absorb you probly have a merc who tanks everything for you and u get killed much more and use like 10 rejuvs everytime u get maged out so to conclude absorb is needed to be a good hammerdin ur wrong! lol

Wutangclan

7. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

If you're skilled enough. You don't 'need' to have absorb to be good.

8. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Or instead of wasting "2 out of every 5 stats" each time you level up in energy, simply drop a point into redemption, and flash it after you kill a group. If mana is a problem at all (which in my experience, with base energy, it was not) its easily solved with redemption. You'll have enough points to EASILY max hammer/synergies, and still put 1 in here, you lose no damage this way, in addition, you'll have a hell of a lot more life.

oh.. maybe with all this extra life, you wont "need absorb"?

-Matt

9. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

My hammerdin NEVER needs to use potions, simply using redemption is enough.

Yes i use a merc but i do as good without him (Chaos Sanctuary is lethal for an act II merc so i do it without him)

If you can not accept critisism then don't post your guide...

10. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob Diabloii.Net Member

HeavAngel you've got to be kidding me!

You think it takes "gusts" to write this drivel. Any sensible person would reject this guide based on grammer and spelling alone. Do you think what this forum really needed was another Hammerdin guide? Oh thank God, we've been delivered from darkness!

This guy was just spamming the LL and insulting all the veterans there, just yesterday.

11. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think a well-built and played hammerdin will really die in Hell act4/5 with zero absorb.

the max dmg hammerdin guide listed the following equipment for his lvl 85 pally:

Harlequin Crest socketed with perfect topaz
    Skin of Vipermagi socketed with perfect topaz
    Wizardspike socketed with Ist rune
    Herald of Zakarum socketed with Um rune
    Frostburns
    Mara’s Kaleidoscope
    2 Stones of Jordan
    Gloom’s Trap
    Silkweave boots
    3 combat Skills charms
    2 Offensive Skills charms
    13 6-7% smfc

do you see a single damage absorb item? regarding this pally, captain_bogus wrote:

Unlike your enigmatized pally, when my 2nd SCL hammerdin solo quested in Hell he did not have enigma. He did have 2 absorb items: tgod and raven, but they were more for boosting his stats (his base str is only 50!). He never used dwarf star as you highly recommended. He solo quested entire Hell act3/4 @lvl ~80 in a 3-player game (BTW he did not have CtA or skillers or mara's, the best item he had was his pdiamand HoZ). When fighting Hell ancients, he survived a worst lag that lasted at least 30 sec when 2 ancients were still alive. From lvl 1 to his current lvl 86, he never died except once when I was begged so hard by several other players for help and although I knew he would very likely die I still decided to help and he indeed died.

Before switching to enigma, the real threats to this hammerdin in Hell were

1) obvision knights: they instantly killed my merc many times with IM. And their spirits do hurt.
    2) stygian dolls: other than relying on my merc, I don't know how to kill them safely in a big or full Hell game.
    3) poison: very annoying, though you shouldn't get killed by only psn.
    4) places where b. hammers are nearly useless.

Everythign else was easy (perhaps except for Nik's CE). Obviously, none of your absorb items can deal with those real threats.

After switching to enigma, all those threats have been mitigated:

1) He could tele on top of ob knights and kill them first
    2) he could tele away to escape dolls
    3) +14 life/kill on enigma can help him "resist" poison
    4) in the places where BH is ineffective, he could tele to a right place and lure monsters there, or simply tele past them.

Your pally's stats are not even close to perfect.

Your end-game str will approach 230, but you won't use a big Maul or wear Sacred Armor.

With only 20 extra points in dex, you may hardly get max'ed blocking at 85+.

With 2 pts per level into energy, you are reducing your pally's total hit pts by 6 every level
    = loss of 500+ hit points @lvl 85+
    = a potential loss of 1000+ hit points when you get BO/Oak.

12. Masas

Masas Diabloii.Net Member

To quote a very subtle post that would fit this situation perfectly made by a fellow forumite:
    On to the topic - On statpoints you should rather go base Strength, base Energy, enough in Dexterity for max block, rest into Vitality.

13. WuTangClan

hey ive made many differant hammerdins with differant stats and all an d this is what i came up with all other hammerdins werent even close to as good as this one. I can sit in the chaos sancturary without moving for about 1 min, and I when i come back My hp is full because venom lords melee then heal with fire and the mages use lightning which non stop heals me so this char is definatly the best build for solo chaos runs.:)

14. mxxerr

mxxerr Diabloii.Net Member

I think you really don't need two dwarf stars. Because absorb works like resistent.
    15% first absorb is equavlent to 30% fire resistant. Since the resistant is capped at 95%, one dwarf start is enought if you already have 75% resist all (which you should if you have hoto, mara, hoz).

To me, the worst enemy is those little stinky doll, and they didnot do elementary damage.

15. WuTangClan

dolls are easy if you know how to deal with them on a hammerdin at least. You must know the way ur hammers swing and have the cast rate to kill fast high damage dealing enemys

16. mxxerr

mxxerr Diabloii.Net Member

Baal or diablo's elemental attact is nothing compare with this little stinky's attack. I have seen many times that high level hammerdin (or bot) die or left the game because of these little ones, but I never saw them dead on baal or diablo.

Increase your blocking will avoid their attack. So I would rather put more on dex, than on energy.

17. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

i doubt u will need absorb items when u againt monster.

with above 75res in hell u can tank every elemental attack pretty much.

18. MagicMoron

MagicMoron Diabloii.Net Member

Let's see you tank hell conv gloams.

19. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

well then absorb wont make difference since ur resist get lower as well.

absorb are only good when have max resist + absorb. A 50res with 20% absorb is not better than 75%res.

20. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

well then absorb wont make much difference since ur resist get lower as well.

absorb are only good when have max resist + absorb. A 20%res with 20% absorb is not better than 75%res.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.