Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wut Tha!!??!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MeMyselfAndI, Jun 13, 2005.

1. MeMyselfAndI

MeMyselfAndI IncGamers Member

Wut Tha!!??!!

I'm in the halls of vaught (sp?) in hell and come across those poison shooting salamander thingies. 32 summon skelly, 32 skelly mastery, lvl 79 act 2 merc lvl 13 Iron golem. My skellys merc rush the salamander thingies and instant death. I don't mean instant death for the salmander things, instant death for the skellies, merc and golem. when I say instant I mean there one sec and dead the next. Anyone experience this before?

After I picked my jaw up my brain said "run forest run".

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Hehe. The Pit Vipers ("those poison shooting salamander thingies" :D ) are bugged. Even more than Gloams. Fortunately they don't spawn that much.

3. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Salamanders are hardcore. You don't go all up in their house starting drama fool.

:lol:

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Yeah something to do with their poison effect hitting over and over again or something?
    They can be a pain, your best bet is to try and make your stand as long as you have a safe way out since running upto them is about the same as running upto a bosspack of gloams.. :)

5. Greyeagle

Greyeagle IncGamers Member

Yeah those are some scary monsters. They don't seem to get as much notice as the Gloams, but they are worse in my opinion.

I've had a lvl26 Valk (backed by a lvl 26 decoy) go poof in a heartbeat. Anyone who's played with a high level Valk knows that even in the worst of situations the Valk doesn't just go poof. Running that area (with those monsters) on autopilot can be fatal.

6. MeMyselfAndI

I had my experience with a boss gloam thingamabob too recently, only time my necromancer died. was in the izual area and saw a streak of lightning from off screen. Next thing I know there's red text on my screen saying "you suck, press esc and try again". I went back to get my body and saw the critter, I think his name was Puke Licker the Stanky or some such colorful name. What the hell was I thinking when I considered making a hardcore character?

7. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

Weird. Running with my sorc, I am usually relatively happy if wsk 2-3 spawns with serpent magus packs, and if they are not paired with OKs or Gloams I generally clear the level. They never really posed a problem to either her or my merc, even though neither is particulary well-equipped. (I usually don't even get hit, but if i take too much poisoning it is no more than an extra 3 seconds to tp home and get it removed)
    Or is it only Pit Vipers but not the Serpent Magi? Or just me being lucky?

8. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Halls of Vaught vipers are different, Artagas. I had simmilar experiences, like MeMyselfAndI, with my rather twinked fishy. Skellies go up in air like nothing, merc cost me 6 resurrects at least, rather scary. Funny thing is though, it only seems to be harmful to minions, perhaps someone knows why?

9. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

They can harm you too, but when I was in the Zod tourney and trying to beat them w/ as low a level as possible (and using tactics instead of my normal "rush it all") I finally gave up re-rolling the monsters down there and went with them.

The bug is most likey to happen if you stand on or directly next to thier bodies or in the poison cloud when they die (for a necro, minions are more likly to do this than the necro), it only triggers sometimes, but you can tell when it does by the sound. You get repetedly hit, everytime the poison damage would apply. I had a barb w/ lots 'o iron skin, 1000+ life w/ BO and I'd still see his life bulb drop noticably. Minions are toast. More rarely, you can get the multi hits when standing in the poison clouds and they aren't dead yet, but staying out of the poison cloud when they die and away from the bodies for a bit after they do will reduce the chance of "wackiety-wackiety-wackiety-dead"

10. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Was it in hell? I was fighting them in hell difficulty recently with my avenger and he had 1200k life, 90% poison resist and died approximatly in second and half or two. (was enough to hit antidote or rejuv, but he still died several times)

11. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

haha, i lost a hc assassin to them in hell recently.

12. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

For any melee builds I'd just reroll. No way in heck am I getting near those things...

13. cft

cft IncGamers Member

@grayeagle I think they don't get notice as much as gloams because Halls of Vaught is optional... you don't really ever need to set foot in the red portal to finish the game.

Me, I like having the red portal remain so I can run pindle and/or merchant farm. And since I'm not really clear on what causes the red portal to close, (and cause I'm chicken of Nilithak's CE blast), I usually skip the Halls altogether...

14. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Yep, those things are more deadly than nilly's CE. Now I just skip thta quest altogether after seeing my 5k HP barb went down before I can reach the potion button.

15. MeMyselfAndI

I can tell you what causes it to close. When you activate the waypoint on lvl 2 of that area. I personaly like killing Nilithak. Let your merc/summons lead and atract the critters in the area and take the CE. Go around when Nilly thak is all alone and away from the corpses and lay the smack down on him :D

Anyway, I've been down there a lot. That was the 1st time I've seen the poison bug. I'm guessing it's pretty rare like others have said here.