Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wth??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by The Void, Nov 3, 2006.

1. The Void

The Void Banned

Wth??

So I entered a game for act 2 and it said that my pala couldnt complete q 3 and 4, that I could complete it by joining another game, but the thing is that the qs weren't completed yet, I walked all the way to the claw viper temple lvl 2 and was almost the one that kicked the altar if it wasnt for fangskin killing me with his lightning bolts, anyway I got the amulet and did full staff but didnt got the quest, now I couldnt join the party at arcane cause I dont have q3 and I cant walk my way there.

So, what happened? everybody could do q except me, why? stupid diablo errors...

EDITED: now I just killed the sumonner and didnt get q D:

2. Kaisies

Kaisies IncGamers Member

If they talked to cain prior to you joining the game after they got the staff, then you wouldnt' be able to complete Q3 and Q4, as far as i understand it in my rushing sessions

3. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

IIRC, you have to be present when the Altar is kicked. If you are in town when they do it you can't complete the quest.

4. k/t

k/t Banned

Nah, you can be in town and get the quest when they kick it.

5. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

Dang, I need to start playing again. Stupid WoW invading all my D2 knowledge.

6. ZygFryD

ZygFryD IncGamers Member

So that you know, as long as you are in the party and in town while the other members kill Durial, you will get quest and advance to act 3.

7. The Void

The Void Banned

well, it was really a game bug, the qests werent done, I did summoner and vipers and killed duriel and now im in act 5 with my horadric staff still in stash!!

w00t for diablo bugs

Btw the other ppl in that game could do qs, just not me.

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

It's not killing Duriel, it's talking to Tyrael, last I heard.

9. k/t

k/t Banned

I'm pretty sure I've seen people get quest even when they didn't talk to Tyrael...and they were the only one getting the quest...

This game does some weird things from time to time. Like that guy in the other thread with the staff in act 5. Checking...wait, that was this thread. Hahahaha. That's what happens when you post at long intervals and it's 4:00.

10. The Void

The Void Banned

act 2 is the most buggiest of them all anyway, I remember that they tried to scam me several times in act 2 using a program that would make a pop-up window appear and stop diablo (in the old days when unique charms weren't able to get to the trade window).

Never got sucessfully scammed by them anyway so it doesnt matters, btw proof that I am not lying

11. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Talking to Tyreal finishes the quest.

If you are in a party and someone needing the Durial quest talks to Tyreal then you will get the quest too.

You need to talk to a NPC like Cain after getting both staff parts order to access the acrcane way point. After killing the Summoner you need talk to a NPC in order to take another players portal to Durial's tomb.

12. The Void

The Void Banned

correction, you need to talk to drognan after u complete q 3 to acess the arcane way point.