Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wtf?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Steven Hazani, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I'm gonna hop on and give it a shot. Not so much to really test things, as I tend to avoid the PTRs, but because it's just tempting to find so many shiny things.

3. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Not interested, nope you cant make me join PTR, just gibe me a TG already on live...

4. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Holy ****

5. tougeznut

Lol this is quite hilarious really. I filled... FILLED my inventory with legs in a T6 run all on the same level. Quite the LOLZ

Steven Hazani likes this.
  6. Steven Hazani

30-40 a run, EVERYTHING is a leg. High level GRs should be like this all the time (they only drop 6 items anyways, so that's the most you get).

7. tougeznut

Yea, I have a feeling that they may have shot themselves in the foot with this decision. People will get used to it, and then when the normal drip rates (see what I did there?) come back they'll see so many complaints that they'll have to bring the drop rates up again.

8. Steven Hazani

Well that's inevitable. Remember that one event?

You can't make a game about finding items. You can make one about doing interesting things with items, and then finding them becomes the means. But when you lock EVERYTHING behind items, and then make items random?

Same reason I won't touch seasons. It's not as if I could pick a different build (or pick anything, really, my decisions are made for me). So when I see that the new gems that I actually am interested in are season only? Eh.

I'll just wait another 3-6 months and then get it 2 minutes later.

9. tougeznut

Lol, 4 full rift clears. 210 legendaries. Yup, I could get used to this. What's also funny about this is I have 205 souls... so only 5 items of 210 that I thought weren't trash (compared to my already high quality gear though).

10. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Not really surprising considering how well geared you are to start with tho, right? But as Steve mentions, when the quest is all about finding upgrades for your gear, there's no way to make everybody happy, and provide any sort of longevity for the game. Stretch the upgrade curve out by making the items hard to find and people are pissed, shorten the curve and make things easier to find and you hit the ceiling too quickly and get bored because then it's nearly impossible to find upgrades at that point.

11. Steven Hazani

210/4 is more than normal, normal would be like 150.

Thing is I'm keeping 1 item a run at most as well, and while you could argue that's because I'm well geared, what it really is is that there is only a few items anyone actually wants. Most of your items are locked. You must have your one true set, etc. I've smashed quite a few ancients without even thinking about it because ancient BT does not = dealing non trivial damage past T4. Ancient Exarian is not worth the various weapon based gimmicks required for almost every build in the game. And so on.

If I had poor gear I'd have kept the FB that weren't better, I'd have kept the IC, I might have kept the SoH, and that's about it. The rest would still be souls (and I'd get far fewer because weaker gear = lower AoE damage).

Main problem is it's a game about maximizing one character because they all work about the same. If you could completely max a character in 100 hours, but there were 10 viable builds that all functioned differently that's 1,000 hours right there. And it'd be a thousand hours of fun, not doing the same thing in the same way as everyone else and getting super salty after the first 100-200.

Alternately, imagine gear was just a means. Yes, you have a WoW now. What are you gonna do with it? And if the answer is something other than farm faster for a WoW with more damage, you might have something. You could make getting that (or any other item) really easy if the focus is on say, completing challenges involving it.

(I actually did get another in the pile of 400ish souls, only a sidegrade but still.)

12. tougeznut

I was really only playing on the off chance that I might find a Wow and get to play with it. That didn't happen, but that's no surprise. I'm also not really surprised at not finding many upgrades, but like Steven said that's mainly because what drops isn't something you want. I found upwards of 10 of those spike shoulders, and about 7 or so ancient weapons that were obvious DPS upgrades, but I would have to play a different way to use them.

Also, I was thinking I was being conservative with the 200 legs. I started with 30 souls, and ended up with 250 or so, but some of those were gambled weapons. I would get about 3/4 of an inventory full by the RG, then I'd have to go to town usually twice, sometimes 3 times to salvage because I was full by the end marker of a rift. I'd say 60-70 legs per full rift easy right now.

13. Steven Hazani

Honestly WoW isn't that impressive. I tested some more things, including Fight Club Wizard. Another build that doesn't use WoW performs much better.

I guess meleeing a 36 is something, but...

[​IMG]

Melee is still bad.

14. tougeznut

Wow, very nice

15. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Judging by Steve's screenie, it appears they need to nerf vaginas.

16. Steven Hazani

Don't nerf vaginas, buff boobs.

ZappaFan and tougeznut like this.