Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!
  1. musicalinsanity

musicalinsanity IncGamers Member

Wtf!!!

Ok, here's the deal. I spent about 2 hours in the same game, never left, never switched characters. I kill mephisto, go to pick up the stuff he dropped, wont work. Then I get the "you have lost your connection" message. Ok, no big deal, then I get the "Your access has been temporarily restricted"

WTF! I thought that only happened if you enter and leave games too often?!! Why the HELL did it lock me out - I was playing the frickin game, like what I am not allowed to even PLAY anymore??!! What gives?!

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

BNet is often unreliable and...well, mean. Sometimes it seems like God just hates you. I remember that at one point I got a RD for about 2 days after joining two games...

3. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

If you get a connection interrupted then you can get bugged with fail to joins and/or realm downs. The reason behind this is for some reason the server is storing the character data as being in a game and will not release that character.

If its a fail to join, I've had some luck in joining a public game and then being able to create a game after that, whereas I would be unable to create a game. If it is a realm down or a temp ban, where you can't even log on to battle.net there's not much you can do.

Try releasing and renewing your ip address if it is dynamic. Otherwise try contacting battle.net support and notify them of the account and perhaps they can try to help remedy the issue.

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

getting ci after a big lag spike is common, occationally bnet gives temp ip bans after that happens
    if your on dialup or have a static ip you can reroll your ip, connect again and be back in the same game

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I think that during lag spikes the server sometimes stores up your movements and keystrokes and shoves them all through when the lag spike is over. When this hits the server all at once, it thinks "AH!!! BOT/HAXOR!!!" and issues you a temp ban.
    Just a theory...

6. dwoolgar

dwoolgar IncGamers Member

You are not alone

I can't play either. I had the same thing happen to me last night. Usually the ban lasts only 15 minutes. It looks like I have the 12 hour ban. BNet is so messed up.

7. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

*correction* you need a dynamic IP to reroll, static is a set ip address the ISP gives you and typically they won't change it unless theres an issue that requires it on their end.

8. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

oops, my typo, ty Inokis

9. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Correct!

Whenever getting no response from Battle.net, touch nothing and wait. You should be ready to hit one or multiple rejuvenation potions the moment you see your mercenary/minions move again or leave the game immediately if you believe you're in a comprimising position (fighting clones would be the ultimate grab-ankle). With as much said about UDP, when no response is received networking protocols still usually confirm commands, in this case all at once, and they can be treated as sudden spam (not botting) by the new restrictions programmed by Blizzard.

Frankly, considering the known unreliability of B.ent, not to take that into consideration shows outright ignorance or worse.

10. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

Any command spammed to the server will result in similar ip restrictions. Same as scrolling your wheel mouse through skills rapidly. If you are stuck at a merchant and you click on them several times it could result in the same behavior. This has been known for a long while.

11. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i normally give it around 10-20 seconds to respond, if it goes longer i alt+f4 and restart d2, sometimes i have to wait for the "your cd key is in use by you" msg to pass