Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wtf ? where did my dmg go?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by heilskov, Mar 21, 2004.

1. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

wtf ? where did my dmg go?

okay here´s the deal, I got a lvl 74 ama using a wf.

wf clean atm
    skulders ire
    shako
    raven frost
    nagel
    highlords
    gore ridders
    goldwrap
    laying of hands(350% ed to monsters)

I used this setup for testing in act 1 hell mode. ( without might merc)

my strafe was about 400-2100 dmg
    my multi was about 300-1700

how the hell is a ama supposed to manage ? I noticed I had to hit those normal skelles like 3-4 times before they died.

a pala joined wheile I was testing, with conc.

my strafe went up to 500-3800 dmg

what Im I doing wrong? is it supposed to be this hard to kill things ? what happend to one hit kills with multishot ?

I got OW, CB, DS, and critical strike %, 350% ed to demons.

also to bigger mobs I noticed multi till killed faster than strafe did... so multi is still my fav.

so besically I just wanted to know what do I do? psn charms + elemental lightning ones? some isa/ed jewels for shako + skullie.

I wanna be able to do pits faster than this gear is giving me... I had thought that with my gear it shouldnt have been any problem. So all advice is welcome.

2. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

v1.10 happened. lots of things have changed. the zon is still a killing machine, but you need to change some equipment.

for large groups, yes. for 4-5 monsters, strafe does fine.

[/QUOTE]

Have a high lvl act2 nightmare offensive merc. the might aura will help a ton.

you need more ias for strafe. shael your wf. put ias jewels where you like to achieve ~120 ias for 9/2 strafe.

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

If you are solo pit running, poison charms will do a little bit of damage, if you have a ton. I'm talking about 1k+ dmg in poison charms. I've attempted to stack poison myself. In later acts, or in games with people, enemy life bar barely moves from poison damage. Hell monsters just have too much health now.

I'm glad you're using strafe. If you were using multi, I would have suggested switching out the shako for a guillaume's face, and the highlord's for an atma's. But this is geared for pvm in later acts, not mf pit running, which I assume you're doing based on your eq.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Wow eh? How DARE blizzard make you shoot more than ONCE to take down an enemy eh? that's absurd! Perhaps you would like a button to press and everything in a 100 screen radius dies instantly?

5. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

you got me... thats what I want. I wanted a 1-2 hits from multi kills complete screen in act1 hell mode. Instead I need 4-5 multis or so, besically I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do about it.

I mean the gear I use is like ûber gear, besically I dont se how it can get much better... I guess blizzard just never thought of the ama when making 1.10 cuz if speeds are slow in act1 hell mode in 1 player game(or 2) then what will this look like in act 5? with 8 players?

also Ama´s have it hard enough... with a bow atleast... no sheild for res, means alot in 1.10.

guess best thing to do is train 2 pala´s, one fana the other conc. to run after you, kill PIs for you.

6. Polygemus

Polygemus IncGamers Member

"Wow eh? How DARE blizzard make you shoot more than ONCE to take down an enemy eh? that's absurd! Perhaps you would like a button to press and everything in a 100 screen radius dies instantly?"

ROFL !!

At least the zon dies less often the hammerdin. U get to shoot your enemies from far away. My hammerdin gotta go right up to the monster and smell their breadth b4 he can start spamming hammers.

Try Lightning fury amazon. It seems to kill large crowds (barring LI of course)
    faster.

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Speak for yourself, my level 93 bowazon uses a witchwild string which has 5 times less physical max damage at high levels than your windforce, yet my zon can take on ANYTHING in the game up to an including 8 players ie. takes less than a minute to kill any enemy. Her displayed strafe damage is barely 1000. Use your might merc (i noticed that you said you didn't use him in your "test"), get some elemental damage or max damage charms and get enough IAS for a 2 frame strafe. Also make sure that your dex is at least 400 for "good" damage unless you are playing hardcore. Your statement that multishot kills faster than strafe is only applicable in the most extreme damage situations eg. atma's scarab + buriza or windforce + atma's. Otherwise the combination of high level pierce and a 2 frame strafe with the minimum damage formula will do well against any enemy pack size. Also keepin mind that 1.10 is far more harsh to your attack rating if you are significantly below the monster level, regardless of how many attack rating items or dexterity you have.

edit- Perhaps you don't understand WHY blizzard made 1.10 more challenging. In 1.09 if you had the "uber" gear everything did drop dead with minimal challenge in 1-2 seconds. Now in 1.10 with the same gear you will still kill at a decent pace but it will not be a slaughter (unless you a hammerdin who are grossly overpowered in every part of the game). I don't see that your damage was in danger while killing was she? and calling a requirement of 4-5 multi's to kill an enemy "slow" is absurd.