Wtf: Hell

Wtf: Hell

ok major problem here my classic metorb sorc just made it to hell. Ok within about 2 min she dies from a multi shot+Extrafast fi quill rat boss what the f*** man annoying as hell
i do know her lvl i low for hell (59) but i cant seem to lvl anymore in nm chaos runs just arnt working neither are cow runs
also

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Do NM Baalruns. Can level quite good, up to level 80 or something. And at level 80 you'll be able to use better gear as well :thumbsup:

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
nepeta said:
Do NM Baalruns. Can level quite good, up to level 80 or something. And at level 80 you'll be able to use better gear as well :thumbsup:
Funny, didn't know that it was possible to do Baal runs in classic ;)

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
You can level up to 62-63 easily on the outer parts of actIV and might be faster. On nightmare frozen orb should deal out instant death in those parts if you have enough points in it. I don't really like the CS, too much trouble compared to what you gain out of it.

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
classic hell is much harder than LoD hell. You should be able to reach 65ish from CS runs, and then give hell a try.

Not having a merc makes things heaps harder for a sorc too. Sorcs aren't the best solo classic 1.10 characters. Fishymancer/hammerdin/lightning zon/ww barb are much more effective

Llathias

Banned
i thought Skellies and LF were almost as inefficient as Increased Stamina in Classic, even in pre-1.10 LoD patches.

Edit, v1.10 classic might be similar to LoD as regards skills though.

piscene

Diabloii.Net Member
I spent a lot of time at NM Meph and NM Andy after getting my arse handed to me by stinking Hell Quill Rats. Not only are they good for XP, but they drop some pretty, shiny goodies as well. I can't imagine trying to tackle Hell at lvl 59, but I admire your stones for trying.

Llathias said:
i thought Skellies and LF were almost as inefficient as Increased Stamina in Classic, even in pre-1.10 LoD patches.

Edit, v1.10 classic might be similar to LoD as regards skills though.
1.10 classic is the same skill wise (pretty much) as 1.10 LOD. You get shynergise and stuff as well, just not anything that was specifically added in LOD (as opposed to just added in a later patch).
So hammerdins and fishys rock (especially since no useful merc makes sorcs vulnerable). If you look at the classic ladder on bnet *shudder* you'll find most of the top guys are pally's, and that its near impossible to advance past about lvl 91. (think someone worked out you gained 9k exp per P8 CS run at lvl 95, and you need something like 1.3billion EXP to get to 99.)

Gnoggen

Diabloii.Net Member
heh heh heh

Yeah, I felt the same way the first time my barbarian stumbled into hell at 60. I came on the boards and was like, "Why am I getting DESTROYED?" ;) Thankfully the consensus is that you need those few extra lvls!

Remsaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Gnoggen said:
Yeah, I felt the same way the first time my barbarian stumbled into hell at 60. I came on the boards and was like, "Why am I getting DESTROYED?" ;) Thankfully the consensus is that you need those few extra lvls!
Lol I remeber old school Diablo II (before any patches) and my horribly skilled Necro made it to hell Act 3 at level 45, than the patch came out and he couldnt even survive NM anymore. God was I a newbie then.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
classic 1.10 hell is way easier than lod hell.

Fishymancers suck at p1 0r p8 hell act4 classic.

Hammerdins are the strongest characters, and can get up to 15k hammers.

Classic dual tree sorcs are great, but meteorb sorcs generally dont do as well due to no merc=no tanking=hard to hit with meteor.

Fred

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta54 said:
classic 1.10 hell is way easier than lod hell.

Fishymancers suck at p1 0r p8 hell act4 classic.

Hammerdins are the strongest characters, and can get up to 15k hammers.

Classic dual tree sorcs are great, but meteorb sorcs generally dont do as well due to no merc=no tanking=hard to hit with meteor.

Fred
huh? 15 k hammers? my LoD pally doesn't get that much damage.

AFAIK everything in Classic is the same character-wise except you have far fewer +skills, and no merc, no runes, no charms, etc. And ww barbs don't rely on Weapon speed

Shakes

Diabloii.Net Member
shermo said:
AFAIK everything in Classic is the same character-wise except you have far fewer +skills, and no merc, no runes, no charms, etc. And ww barbs don't rely on Weapon speed
I'm pretty sure the WW speed change applies to both classic and LoD in all patches from 1.07 onwards.